ADVERTISEMENT

Guarantano to Tennessee

Re: Talk about JG hyp!e..Check THIS out B/R

I would have been more appropriate if he had committed in Appalachia. Good luck partying with the hillbillies.

tenn_Fan.jpg

He should be at the Grand Ole Opry practicing his drama queen act.

This post was edited on 4/15 3:30 PM by RU-Kidding

Lmao....this kid is all about his inflated ego...putting twitter callouts in the video...and why do it in nyc..nobody there cares where we goes to

JG is Dead to Me

Not rooting for him ever. Sick of being played and willing to admit it.

It will be nice when we start winning these type of battles....with NJ / national recruits.

If they play for Rutgers than Apotheosize them.... if not F' em!

MO

The kid chose to go elsewhere -- at least for now. That's his right. His father is a loyal son and doesn't deserve posts like this when his son chooses a different school than his. It's amazing what grown men will say about a 16-17 year old kid making decisions about his future.

Reactions: BLewis1968
Did you really want a QB who actually picked Tenn over Stanford this is where you do not want this kid as your QB, not a brain in his head.
PS watched him and Haskin is better and Rosso is on a par with JG.
I am actually happy less drama. Great skill not very smart, But he should do well in classes in Tenn

Got the feeling he's going to be terribly disappointed next year when nobody cares about his tweets.

Originally posted by bac2therac:
It was all bs....he never wanted to come here.
that was clear a few weeks agon when that story came out where he said something about checking with his friends if it would be ok if he didn't come here.

I don't really know how good he is or not but whatever, find somebody else and he can kiss our butts. I do NOT want to hear anything about Jersey..blah blah blah..

worst thing to me is all the hype and presser to announce. IF you're going to Tenn then just say so....you make a big splash IN STATE with the thing if you are trying to bring the other guys from Jersey with you to Rutgers.

Wouldn't be surprised to see his name come back up in a couple of years..

This post was edited on 4/15 4:01 PM by 1984

Tennessee fan here. Nobody knows how good Guarantano will be in college. He will be competing for the starting job against quarterbacks that were ranked as high, or higher, than he is. Hope he turns out to be a good one.

Having 4 kids of my own, I still cannot figure out what goes thru their heads. I wish the young man well and hope his commitment sticks. I was looking forward to rooting for him. Would have been a great story if he could have succeeded here. It could be the weight he would have to carry here might have scared him off. Not everyone would want to be "the man" the set foot on campus.

Stayed away for an hour 'cause I pretty much knew this was gonna be the outcome. If he was coming to Rutgers, he would have jumped on earlier to help reel some other recruits in.

Having 4 kids of my own, I still cannot figure out what goes thru their heads. I wish the young man well and hope his commitment sticks. I was looking forward to rooting for him. Would have been a great story if he could have succeeded here. It could be the weight he would have to carry here might have scared him off. Not everyone would want to be "the man" the set foot on campus.

Re: JG Video

Originally posted by SBP:
Discuss
If Flood lets this kid back on campus short of a decommit from Tenn I'll be really pissed off.

i would be OK with this if his father wasn't an RU FB letterman.

agree with others that said he was never coming to RU.

Re: It's Tennessee

So he picked Tennessee, no problem .
All it means for RU is go for:
images

Originally posted by RU848789:

Originally posted by RU4Real:
We knew.
Who didn't know? What I want to really know, though, is why the thread says it was started by Scarlet Knight Rider and not you. Odd...
I merged his "It's Tennessee" thread and a bunch of others into this one just because "Guarantano to Tennessee" just made more sense as the thread title just so people knew where to look/post about it. RU4Real was the first poster to actually make a Guarantano commitment post, so by the timeline, his shows up first in this thread.

Re: He could've skipped the theatrics and ended it without all the drama.

There was no drama after Flood had a phone call and sent his staff to Maryland to visit Haskins and Meyer gave the OSU hat to another QB...

Jim already had his working papers signed, oh, wait, I meant Jarrett already informed them of what he was doing.

Re: He could've skipped the theatrics and ended it without all the drama.

Does not represent Rutgers, so could care less for whether or not the kid succeeds on the field.

No one care in Tenn that he was going there so he had to play with the Rutgers fans. I wish him the same luck as the Olsen QB.

The Guarantano decision was no surprise but still its a big disappointment.The ongoing saga is watching top recruits visiting Rutgers saying nice things and then waiting to see where they commit.Rutgers must start winning some of these recruiting battles if they expect to be more successful in the B1G.

It seems as Guarantano was just another Jersey guy who never really wanted to be here. It seems like he just loved the attention. Good luck to him. I want guys that really want to be at RU and represent NJ.

I am with all the fan sin this thread who said picking the Vols is fine.. BUT.. we don't want to hear him talk about representing New Jersey while helping Tennessee win... if he actually helps them. I also don't want to see the state's alleged paper of record doing spotlight stories on homegrown talent that left the state... not unless they will do spotlights on those that FAIL elsewhere as well.

Kid just wanted attention as previous posters have said. He never wanted Rutgers. I believed all along that his visits to Rutgers were just so he could tell his audience that he gave us a fair shot and also cover for his Dad. The drama should of ended in January and spared all the bulls..t. Good riddance!

I am really shocked at all those here that are attacking this kid. I truly believe it was a close decision between Rutgers and Tennessee. We've had stuff like this happen several times over the years and it stings, but you don't attack the kid. Probably 75% or more would love to play in the SEC. It is THE conference right now. Butch Jones is a close personal friend to his family. They trusted him with their son. Tennessee has the best football facilities in the country right now, because ours are pretty much brand new. A 100,000+ seat stadium. I honestly believe if not for Butch Jones you would be celebrating big time right now. This reminds me of a Thompson kid who was the #1 rated RB in the country about 30 years back. He lived in Knoxville. Where did he choose to play football at??? Penn State. Why they were the bigger program at that time. This stuff happens. Not saying what you should be doing, but attacking the kid is definitely the wrong thing.

Originally posted by GrundyVolBob:
I am really shocked at all those here that are attacking this kid. I truly believe it was a close decision between Rutgers and Tennessee. We've had stuff like this happen several times over the years and it stings, but you don't attack the kid. Probably 75% or more would love to play in the SEC. It is THE conference right now. Butch Jones is a close personal friend to his family. They trusted him with their son. Tennessee has the best football facilities in the country right now, because ours are pretty much brand new. A 100,000+ seat stadium. I honestly believe if not for Butch Jones you would be celebrating big time right now. This reminds me of a Thompson kid who was the #1 rated RB in the country about 30 years back. He lived in Knoxville. Where did he choose to play football at??? Penn State. Why they were the bigger program at that time. This stuff happens. Not saying what you should be doing, but attacking the kid is definitely the wrong thing.
For the most part there is not much attacking JG here....a little bit of sour grapes, not much more

Well, at least this particular "drama" is finally over. Was sick and tired of it back in January.

I don't wish JG good luck or bad luck in his career. -He's going to Tenn., which is his right to do, and so now he's a non-factor for Rutgers..

Buh-bye.

I just never understood all the Buzz for JG. Yes he has a great frame and does well in a combine setting but he has more int's then touchdowns in his HS career (13 int's-12 td's). He also averages under 2ypc when he runs with 168 rushing attempts. I understand BC plays a tough schedule but he really hasn't proved he's among the nations best. I wish him well and hope he's better then Peyton Manning at Tennessee but I would be very surprised if he can be a starting QB in the SEC. I've been wrong before so I guess we'll see what happens.

Let's Go RU!

Originally posted by DJ Spanky:
Stayed away for an hour 'cause I pretty much knew this was gonna be the outcome. If he was coming to Rutgers, he would have jumped on earlier to help reel some other recruits in.
Not as bad as I expected, and you're spot-on.

I was curious in a "car wreck" sort of way, but I didn't think he was coming here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT