ADVERTISEMENT

Here is a replay of the Reese pick

Dirty play for sure, clearly he wanted payback for Caleb's push.

He did get the ball on the Mulcahy block. But the follow through was pretty violent across the body.

Dirty play for sure, clearly he wanted payback for Caleb's push.

He did get the ball on the Mulcahy block. But the follow through was pretty violent across the body.
Watch again. Before he got ball with his left on the way to clobbering Paul he used his right hand to grab Paul’s shoulder. That was not an attempt to block the shot. It was a very dangerous play and should be addressed.

Watch again. Before he got ball with his left on the way to clobbering Paul he used his right hand to grab Paul’s shoulder. That was not an attempt to block the shot. It was a very dangerous play and should be addressed.
Yup. Right hand pulling him down then clubbing him with his left across the face

Reactions: bethlehemfan
again.. you MUST follow from the first move McConnell made to get around an initial poorly set pick by Reese (about 5 second before the actual called foul occurred).

It was when Caleb came BACK to that same spot again... Reese didn't try to "set a pick" --- he intended to cross-check Caleb the entire time... intentionally ....

that was FLAGRENT not "common foul"....

and when you do THAT and THEN do what you did to Paul... it's intentional with malice (not this "hard basketball play" some of you keep trying to say....)

Last edited:
B1G should be reviewing his conduct through the whole game, and taking action since not only is MD willing to do anything - but their HC praised his play. Reese should have been tossed. Kid is a walking time bomb - can pretty much guarantee this will continue, and possibly escalate since there are essentially no repercussions for his thuggish behavior.

I have been told multiple times I was wrong about Mulcahy foul not being a Flagrant 1.
Bc you're using 1990 NBA flagrant rules. In today's world everything is a flagrant 1 with the slightest contact

When you use your off arm to pull the man down and your other arm to clothesline him in the face that is a clear flagrant 2 in today's world

When you factor in Reese play throughout the game it was just horrific referring letting Reese repeatedly get away with stuff all game long

again.. you MUST follow from the first move McConnell made to get around a poorly set pick by Reese.

It was wen Caleb came BACK to that same spot again... Reese didn't try to "set a pick" --- he intended to cross-check Caleb the entire time... intentionally ....

that was FLAGRENT not "common foul"....

and when you do THAT and THEN do what you did to Paul... it's intentional with malice (not this "hard basketball play" some of you keep tryting to say....)
Agreed. Reese demonstrated Intent to hurt McConnell.
He should have been called for a Flagrant 2 and tossed from the game.

The Big Ten should review this play and Reese should be suspended for one game.

I have tickets between the benches. Reese had a smirk on his face in the greeting line and said something about McConnell....A Rutgers coach said something to Reese. McConnell was cordial in the greeting line.

I have been told multiple times I was wrong about Mulcahy foul not being a Flagrant 1.

these things don't happen in a vacuum - that is why the first foul on the pick to McConnell was a flagrant 1 (and should have been called as such- and not simply a common foul) and the second on Paul was egregious and should have led to an ejection.

I get it.. there's a fine line between "tough" and "dirty". Certainly, over the years, we've had guys around here who we all rooted-for that probably crossed that line...

but, Pike doesn't coach to cross that line.. he just coaches "tough" but not "dirty".

Based on his history - Willard is happy to cross that line....

The problem is these stupid refs don't know when to review plays; sometimes they review for the most ridiculous things and other times they don't take advantage of the replay when they have the opportunity to stop the chippiness before it turns into something bigger. Their incompetence is staggering. Take heart, it's not just directed at us.

The problem is these stupid refs don't know when to review plays; sometimes they review for the most ridiculous things and other times they don't take advantage of the replay when they have the opportunity to stop the chippiness before it turns into something bigger. Their incompetence is staggering. Take heart, it's not just directed at us.
💯💯💯

Reactions: MiloTalon13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT