ADVERTISEMENT

HOBOKEN GAME WATCH PARTY UPDATE

AreYouNUTS

Legend
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2001
Stay tuned for new bar and host updates but, as of now, we ask the following:

DO NOT go to Cadillac Cantina to watch any games. They have been flying an OSU flag outside for a week now and have not responded to us for multiple weeks. Good luck making money off the 20 or so Buckeye fans that Pourhouse no longer wanted. Morons.

If you can't make the game tomorrow, please, go anywhere else in Hoboken to watch (other than Pourhouse/Texas (PSU), McSwiggans (Mich), Shannon (Sarah), or Green Rock (WVU). Thanks!

NUTS

What happened with Cadillac cantina. Why don't they want us. Thought they were happy with the deal.

What happened with Cadillac cantina. Why don't they want us. Thought they were happy with the deal.

I literally just said they have not "responded to us for multiple weeks." I honestly have ZERO clue as to what happened BUT obviously someone thought OSU's 20-30 fans would be a better deal for them LOL!!

Last edited:
What kind of crowd did they get when we played at home?
OSU fans might show up every week.

Disheartening...they have so much RU stuff inside there too. Keep us updated would love to hear what they have to say (if they answer).

If you are in Hudson County and would like to watch the game on Friday, take the PATH to Newark, and transfer to NJ Transit's NE Corridor line -- a Trenton bound train will take you to New Brunswick; shuttle buses run between the station and stadium.

I'm pretty sure everyone knows how to get there but feel free to start your own thread thanks lol...

Last edited:
What kind of crowd did they get when we played at home?
OSU fans might show up every week.

More than the 20 people OSU draws for the games in Hoboken in the past. Also, they're not drawing anywhere close to the crowds we drew - prior to last year - for road games.

RU Alimni in Hobo/JC - upwards of 10K
OSU Alumni - 100's

...stupid move on their behalf. My assumption is someone did a favor for someone else, in the ownership group, and this is the result.

Oh well.

I get it for away games but if any RU fans are in Hoboken watching the game, they should be at the stadium!

I get it for away games but if any RU fans are in Hoboken watching the game, they should be at the stadium!

Here we go again. Sometimes, you know, people just can't get to the game. It's not the end of the world, so, it's still a good thing to have a place where everyone feels welcome, can hang out with other Scarlet Knight fans, and enjoy watching with specials and game sound.

I'm pretty sure everyone knows how to get there but feel free to start your own thread thanks lol...
I think his point was if you are in Hoboken and want to watch the game....why not just go watch the game...you know...at the game....
Maybe because...you know...people work in the city and can't uhhhh...you know...get to the stadium in time...so...they go back home to...uhhhh...Hoboken and uhhhh...watch the game at a bar

Stay tuned for new bar and host updates but, as of now, we ask the following:

DO NOT go to Cadillac Cantina to watch any games. They have been flying an OSU flag outside for a week now and have not responded to us for multiple weeks. Good luck making money off the 20 or so Buckeye fans that Pourhouse no longer wanted. Morons.

If you can't make the game tomorrow, please, go anywhere else in Hoboken to watch (other than Pourhouse/Texas (PSU), McSwiggans (Mich), Shannon (Sarah), or Green Rock (WVU). Thanks!

NUTS
Green Rock is for WVU. Huhhh. I went to Rutgers with one of their head bartenders. I may have to have a chat with him.

Maybe because...you know...people work in the city and can't uhhhh...you know...get to the stadium in time...so...they go back home to...uhhhh...Hoboken and uhhhh...watch the game at a bar

Hours at the office are soft the Friday before Labor Day, and trains run direct from Penn Station.

Reactions: ATIOH
The Penn St presence in Hoboken is nauseating . Last season really energized their fan base (obviously) and the opposite for ours. The result is that you see PSU stuff everywhere- including 2 dedicated PSU bars while Rutgers is struggling to keep 1 bar.

It's frustrating. But we all know what cures it. And that's winning.

Green Rock is for WVU. Huhhh. I went to Rutgers with one of their head bartenders. I may have to have a chat with him.

It is what it is; alumni club probably went there a few years ago and asked. To be honest not really a bar I'd want to be in for games when we're playing well. Too dark, narrow, cramped. Great for meeting ladies, however, lol!

Yeah I didn't get this either. I thought one of the owners from Green Rock was a Rutgers guy too.

A slew of bars have RU people linked to ownership but you wouldn't know it; gotta win!
Very true. My local bar (I live at the Jersey Shore) has two longtime bartenders who are RU alums. One of them blasts the Knightpulse song on summer Saturdays and is a season ticket holder. Owner put up photos of the '06 season on the back wall. But it just so happens that the PSU Club of Central Jersey paid to have many watch parties there. They only get about 20 people but nobody else offers a thing. Besides them, it's a local crowd who will watch any game as long as it's a good one.

Makes me annoyed to hear that my beloved Hoboken is all dressed up in PSU garbage again. It used to make me so angry to see that PSU banner outside that bar across from the PATH in the mornings a few years back.

Probably only way to fix this is to start winning again. And that's going to take some time...

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
The Penn St presence in Hoboken is nauseating . Last season really energized their fan base (obviously) and the opposite for ours. The result is that you see PSU stuff everywhere- including 2 dedicated PSU bars while Rutgers is struggling to keep 1 bar.

I always say the only thing I dislike about the Hoboken/JC area is the number of people from the Cult in the area. Way too high. I think most of them are the PA alums though, as I also see a ton of Steelers and Eagles stuff around.

More than the 20 people OSU draws for the games in Hoboken in the past. Also, they're not drawing anywhere close to the crowds we drew - prior to last year - for road games.

RU Alimni in Hobo/JC - upwards of 10K
OSU Alumni - 100's

...stupid move on their behalf. My assumption is someone did a favor for someone else, in the ownership group, and this is the result.

Oh well.

Curious- is this a firm number? If so RU needs to mobilize better here in non-athletic engagement as well.

Remember too though, some JC people will not come to Hoboken and some Hoboken people will not go to JC because of respective (childish) feelings on bros and hipsters.

Reactions: Local Shill
Makes me annoyed to hear that my beloved Hoboken is all dressed up in PSU garbage again. It used to make me so angry to see that PSU banner outside that bar across from the PATH in the mornings a few years back.

Probably only way to fix this is to start winning again. And that's going to take some time...

Not to pile on, but SPU took out banner ads in many of the individual PATH train cars this summer :chairshot:

Curious- is this a firm number? If so RU needs to mobilize better here in non-athletic engagement as well.

Remember too though, some JC people will not come to Hoboken and some Hoboken people will not go to JC because of respective (childish) feelings on bros and hipsters.

Impossible to get "firm" #'s but I'd say if you invludec UC, Weehawken, probably rightvsbout there.

That being said it's not about "mobilizing," or anything else, other than WINNING in football and basketball.

2006-2008 there was "red" all over Hoboken and dozens of bars packed for some games. I also don't no a single person who lives in Hoboken and won't go to JC; that nonsense has passed (for the majority).

Sad if Nut's Hoboken Watch Party ends because the Hoboken bars don't care if Rutgers fans ( living around the Hoboken area) make that bar their home for the games.
Kudo's to Nuts for making the effort every year

Good luck making money off the 20 or so Buckeye fans that Pourhouse no longer wanted. Morons.

lol-duck.gif

Bellos in Newark is a good local option for those of us who can't make this game. I'll rejoin the Nuts gamewatch later in the season.

Realistically theres a ton more RU people in hoboken but PSU people are a cult. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. Of them acts like superfans.

People from psu are the loser try hards you went to high school with who left and went away to college came back thought they were cool but now theyre just tools

Last edited by a moderator:
Very true. My local bar (I live at the Jersey Shore) has two longtime bartenders who are RU alums. One of them blasts the Knightpulse song on summer Saturdays and is a season ticket holder. Owner put up photos of the '06 season on the back wall. But it just so happens that the PSU Club of Central Jersey paid to have many watch parties there. They only get about 20 people but nobody else offers a thing. Besides them, it's a local crowd who will watch any game as long as it's a good one.
Leggets?

Realistically theres a ton more RU people in hoboken but PSU people are a cult. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. Of them acts like superfans.

People from psu are the nerds you went to high school with who left and went away to college came back thought they were cool but now theyre the blatant try hard

True. PSU fans are all insane superfans. Wish ours were like that, but they have about a 30 year head start on us in terms of winning and tradition.

With that said there are a lot more RU people in Hoboken than any other school, but PSU is a clear second and the PSU alums are much more vocal about their PSU support than the RU alums.

Like what's been said up above. Win and our presence will grow fast and strong again. Cadillac for Washington State in 2014 and Tilted Kilt in 2013 were great places to watch games when RU was doing well

Cc location is excellent. What about the wicked wolf, nuts. That was a cool spot.

This thread is a bit depressing. Rutgers needs a break in the worst way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT