ADVERTISEMENT

Holloway not going to Yale

Status
Not open for further replies.
The daughter of my co worker was deciding between UVA and U of Florida.
UVA out of state is $75k all in.
UofF in state is $17k. She got in state costs because her grandparents live in Florida.

She decision on Florida.

Pretty much the same decision I made when I chose Rutgers 10+ years ago. My choice was between Michigan and RU. Michigan would have been $50K+ per year all-in. Rutgers was like $14K (before scholarship). Kudos to my HS guidance counselor for sitting me down to go over the impact over 4 years, because I'm not sure I would have made the same decision without that guidance. It's difficult for a 17 year old kid to grasp the impact of that difference when you have zero experience with real money.

dude....com'on now
When avid members of a protected board comment it’s always done with double meaning. The mere mention of the board gets your content erased and the poster threatened with a ban. On the protected board all is said but the N word. It’s the only safe place for racists and non Rutgers graduates.

• Wow
Reactions: Luvscarletknights
When avid members of a protected board comment it’s always done with double meaning. The mere mention of the board gets your content erased and the poster threatened with a ban. On the protected board all is said but the N word. It’s the only safe place for racists and non Rutgers graduates.
lol okay

That’s a silly statement. You’re posting in a thread with a poster who actually denied the holocaust several weeks back. If you want to see true hate speech, read the last thread regarding President Holloway.

The football board, when off topic political discussions arise, has provided more divisive commentary than anything that I’ve seen on the Current Events board.

It’s not the unions - it is the 73% fringe benefit rate. A $100k salary costs RU $173K. At Princeton, for example, that same $100k only costs them $137k. At a UC school it only costs $123K
Benefits, negotiated by unions, especially healthcare, are the one of the biggest drivers of costs.

What leadership actions are you referencing here. I think he’s a wonderful speaker. Leadership requires difficult decisions. When difficult decisions arise it seems he disappears or does everything possible to “both sides” his position. It leaves the campus without a compass. There is no culture and expected norms. I see him more as a spokesperson for the board and not a leader.
The evaluation has to be at a macro level (directionally) unless you see more than select data points. Right now the macro direction is pointing positive. As I said that may change at some point but right now too early.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT