ADVERTISEMENT

How long before we schedule Georgia State?

In all the conversations I've had with Coach Lanier over the years he has never mentioned Rutgers. Talks fondly of Florida, Texas and Tennessee. I'm happy for him getting the Georgia State job. I think he will do very well there.

In all the conversations I've had with Coach Lanier over the years he has never mentioned Rutgers. Talks fondly of Florida, Texas and Tennessee. I'm happy for him getting the Georgia State job. I think he will do very well there.

He probably got paid better at those institutions than at RU. In this new chapter of RU basketball former coaches will hopefully speak more fondly of their days on the Banks.

GO RU

Didn’t Lanier leave RU under bad circumstances or at odds with Bannon? My memory is not as good as it used to be but I recall a nasty breakup. Please advise on this matter. Also I think he became a HC somewhere. Was inconsistent if i recall as a HC. Can’t remember where? Small conference.

Didn’t Lanier leave RU under bad circumstances or at odds with Bannon? My memory is not as good as it used to be but I recall a nasty breakup. Please advise on this matter. Also I think he became a HC somewhere. Was inconsistent if i recall as a HC. Can’t remember where? Small conference.

Siena in the MAAC

Reactions: BigEastPhil
Ex-Rutgers assistant Rob Lanier has been hired at Georgia State. How long before Lanier brings his team to the RAC?
Unless we’re playing in something like the Gavitt Games or the front of your jersey says Seton Hall/Princeton every OOC game should be at the RAC.

Lanier was here during the Bannon Years--don't remember reading about a big falling-out but assistants leave programs all the time if there are personal or philosophical differences with the HC. Being here under Bannon, and the attendant bad publicity over naked free throws, could see why he would not think back fondly on his years here.

Georgia State had a legendary coach back in the 90's, finishing out his career. Lefty Dreisell, who had been fired at Maryland.
TL

Wasn't Lanier forced upon Bannon's staff by Mulchay?
This may be why their discord was leaked instead of Bannon just jettisoning the (at the time) low-level assistant.

Georgia State is no slouch. They finished 23-10 this season. Sagarin has us edging them by 2 points on a neutral court.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT