Votes: 13 14.1%

Votes: 4 4.3%

Votes: 3 3.3%

• Total voters

zebnatto

All Conference
May 7, 2008
How many conference Ws?

Make the first option 7 or fewer and the last 13 or more.

Last edited:
I estimate 11 conference wins before the BTT.

Last edited:
Based on this year and the schools and their loss of players for next year I think we can win 11 games. We should have won at least 8 possibly 9 games this past season.

I am very worried that the fanbase expectations are so high. The fact that the poll doesnt even entertain the thought of 6 wins or lower is bad.

If there is/was a Vegas O/U numbers I'll bet it would be around 6.5

Reactions: RUJMM78
Do you think they regress next year?

I can see a scenario of a 6-14 record with us not regressing.

If someone took my family for ransom and asked me if we win more than 7 I would say no.

I have a ton of respect for this conference and the ability for teams to reload.

Let’s not forget we won a grand total of 7 games the previous 3 years. I think we overachieved last year and there is still a large talent gap. Chemistry is very important.

Reactions: RUJMM78
I can see a scenario of a 6-14 record with us not regressing.

If someone took my family for ransom and asked me if we win more than 7 I would say no.

I have a ton of respect for this conference and the ability for teams to reload.

Let’s not forget we won a grand total of 7 games the previous 3 years. I think we overachieved last year and there is still a large talent gap. Chemistry is very important.
I agree with you that the Big 10 is a huge challenge year in and out. So nothing comes easy. But I would argue that they easily gave away 3 B10 games last year that would have put them on the tourney bubble and probably in the NIT. It’s my opinion that last year was setting the base, plus the addition of 2 point guards which was the glaring flaw of last years team. Next year is the first year they really challenge teams and make a push for middle of the pack in the B10. I see 8-10 B10 wins. The biggest challenge is that there is expectations for the first time in 10+ years and opposing teams will be ready for the fight. That mental hurdle could be the greatest thing to overcome.

Until I see consistent go to scorers the mens basketball team will continue to have a small margin for error which leads me to say right now 7 wins might be a plateau until better shooters are recruited.The last two scholarships yet to be announced.could impact the win total.

12 wins...new Rutgers...mature Rutgers...shock the league Rutgers...

For RUMBB, spring is coming...

Reactions: cubuffsdoug
Coach P has overachieved all three years On the Banks. I voted 9, but I think we could win 11.

Geo playing lots more minutes at the "2". Harper and McConnell a year older. I think we shoot the three adequately next season (as opposed to badly). I'll say our 3Pt shooting percentage finishes right around 35%. That happens and we get to 11.

Reactions: cubuffsdoug
I see the back half of the B1G being Northwestern, Penn St., Illinois, Minnesota, Rutgers, and Iowa

Breaking down the team compared to Rutgers:

Penn St. has talent, but their coach is holding them back, and they don't have great team chemistry. If Rutgers plays defense as they have of late, PSU could be in trouble. PSU plays the game as front-runners. When things are going great, they can beat anyone in the league, but the first sign of adversity they fold like a house of cards.

Northwestern will get exposed for not have a real PG. They are doing it by committee, and that's not going to get it done in this league. Also, NW doesn't have a presence in the middle with a big man. Rutgers should be able to pressure them and control the lane.

Minnesota is puzzling. They have talent, but they don't like playing the game together. They have individuals who can take over a game and win it for the Gophers, but they don't come to play every game. They are a strong team at home, but on the road they suspect. Of all the teams on this list, Minnesota has the potential to move up. This is just a tough game for Rutgers no matter where it's played.

Iowa IMO is the same team it was from last year. How are they ranked is beyond belief? Iowa's athletic dept didn't like the fact their radio announcer Gary Dolphin called out the team. Dolphin basically said this team isn't great and has flaws that haven't been addressed. Iowa is questionable on defense because they don't have guards with the foot speed to cover average guards. It's why they are playing more zone, but they are not great at it because it's new to them. Good passing teams can pick them apart. They are one of the few teams that can match Rutgers' size. I think Rutgers' defense will continue to present problems for Iowa, and Rutgers is more athletic than last year's team that beat Iowa.

Illinois is a young talented team with way too many moving parts. When they finally get it together, they will be dangerous. Right now they can beat the brakes off a good team and follow that up with a stinker against a lousy team. Rutgers is young like Illinois, but the difference is how much more organized Rutgers in all aspects of the game.

One team I didn't add to this group is Wisconsin because I think they will finish no worse than the middle of the B1G pack. I think they are a solid team, but the lack of depth and not having other players capable of scoring to take the pressure off of the main guys could haunt them at times during the B1G season. I think Rutgers' size can give them problems especially Happ and if you impact his scoring, Wisconsin is in big trouble.

I'm like Rutgers chances going forward. I think Rutgers will not finish last this year. I think they can finish 10th if they give a similar effort like the last 3 games. A little more experience and another player or two will push them towards the top half of the B1G.

I'm not a basketball guy, but I did alright with breaking down the back half of the B1G. This time around, I'm looking for Rutgers to have no worse than 10 wins in the B1G next season.

Reactions: dkostus
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT