ADVERTISEMENT

How the hell did we win?

Am I crazy or did Spencer have two fouls early? He screamed the F word loud enough for whole arena to hear when Pike sat him. Then he was back out playing in 1st half with a ton of time left. Was he indeed playing with 2 fouls at that point?
Big gamble but he managed to avoid picking up a third and it paid off

Reactions: RutgersClassof2004
Cliff's 3 point play was huge but I agreed with the announcers that it should not have counted. Glad the refs saw it differently but the gods who screwed us at osu kind of evened it out with that call.

No. Refs make bad calls all the time. In every game.

A garden variety bad call (eg, giving cliff continuation) does NOT “even out” a GAME-DECIDING call where the refs don’t even know the friggen rules.

In fact if anything what that call does is “even out” those two b.s. continuation calls that our opponent got a few games ago (forget which one) where the other team got two continuation calls and Hyatt was denied the same.

So, no. That call does not even come close to evening out the OSU rob-job

No. Refs make bad calls all the time. In every game.

A garden variety bad call (eg, giving cliff continuation) does NOT “even out” a GAME-DECIDING call where the refs don’t even know the friggen rules.

In fact if anything what that call does is “even out” those two b.s. continuation calls that our opponent got a few games ago (forget which one) where the other team got two continuation calls and Hyatt was denied the same.

So, no. That call does not even come close to evening out the OSU rob-job
Absolutely agree. That OSU non-call was a once in many years screw job on a clear rule violation - wasn't a "judgment" call at all.

Reactions: RedTeam1994
Absolutely agree. That OSU non-call was a once in many years screw job on a clear rule violation - wasn't a "judgment" call at all.

I have seen a few people make similar comments

They don’t understand the difference between judgement calls (which refs mess up all the time) and the horrific incompetence of the OSU rob-job.

A ref messing up a judgement call (eg, is it block or charge?) - happens all the time - and THOSE arguably do “even out”

Apples-oranges when refs show total incompetence/ not knowing the friggen rule book in a game-determining play

Reactions: RU848789
I would've had 9 heart attacks watching this live - much calmer knowing the outcome. Fantastic defense by RU on that last possession, especially by Cliff - just awesome.

We obviously got lucky they missed a few at the end, but we also just missed a couple also. Good game, great win! 9-7 so much better than 8-8. One more win and I think we're at least in Dayton; 2 more and we're likely a 9 seed. Minny better be a win and we ought to be able to get at least 1 from MI/PSU/NW (I would've expected 3 of our last 4 with Mag).

Holy crap! Just noticed that after the game, they showed one of our ticket-mates and his wife and daughter (who I believe is there in grad school or just finished grad school there) on the screen celebrating. My friend went out there with his wife and being a smart RU fan scheduled his trip to include the RU-WI game and got fantastic seats for only $200 each, lol.

Holy crap! I was playing in a disc golf tourney in DE all day, so I taped it and was about to watch, but I did find out who won, inadvertently, after the game was over, as I get a couple of texts and wanted to at least see who they were from (in case there was anything up at home mostly - wife has been under the weather), and I accidentally saw the words "Big Road W" in one of the text notifications from our hoops group.

Fast forward to right now and I'm just getting around to checking the board and looked at the boxscore first and thought maybe Palmquist starting and no Caleb was a typo and then saw there was a thread on Caleb's back. How the hell did we win without our two best defensive players in Mag and Caleb? Nice to see Cam broke out, but aside from Cliff with 12, nobody else in double figures and we still won? W
As the game started, I told my wife that it would be a minor miracle for us to win today with Mawot and now Caleb out. I repeated that numerous times during the game. I am still floored.

What a team win. The coaches did a great job today. I would have LOVED to have been in those huddles. Each player gutted it out. Each player found a way.

This is what college sports and competition is all about for me.

Reactions: RU848789 and wisr01
As the game started, I told my wife that it would be a minor miracle for us to win today with Mawot and now Caleb out. I repeated that numerous times during the game. I am still floored.

What a team win. The coaches did a great job today. I would have LOVED to have been in those huddles. Each player gutted it out. Each player found a way.

This is what college sports and competition is all about for me.
Who says? Sports is about over/unders, plus this minus that, analytics, talking heads giving predictions, computer simulation games, placing bets. Etc. Why play the games?

It’s sickening the level of distractions within the sports world off the field of play.

GO RU

Reactions: Scarlet83
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT