ADVERTISEMENT

I dont buy the narrative that schools better than RU want Pike and that’s why Hobbs keeps extending him

You’re living in a dream world if you think RU should hire a Pitino, a Beard or an Oats. I went to an event last year with a bunch of Texas exs where Beatd spoke and he was a madman who dropped f bombs like he just got off a ship. Even the Texas boosters were shocked. The Tech supporters were not surprised as that’s his m.o.

If I was the AD here I’d also have extended Pike without a second guess. The RAC is full, the team is more than competitive with any team in the conference, the coach is all class and is well recognized in the industry as one of the better HCs in the biz. Why take the chance that some school tries to poach now or in the future especially with two good classes coming in and several more four and five stars possible.

Put another way we didn’t pay Tom Young and entered the wilderness. Why take that chance? I am sure the experts at the Hoboken Y will disagree but that’s why they’re at the Hoboken Y.
There was no need to extend pike to the degree we did. Im NOT saying fire him but weve basically gave him a “you cant fire me” contract. And hes not nearly worth that

Chris Bears lol that would go over great maybe mike rice could be his assistant. Media would be very supportive

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT