ADVERTISEMENT

I think we may have just got archie fired

It couldn’t have helped. He was on very thin ice.

Covid year and his new deal should get him one more year.

but as we’re learned ourselves, if he ain’t the right guy and you are hoping “just one more year “ can fix it, just get it over with now.

I hope he stays

Last edited:
Indy fans should not too upset, 3 wins in a row versus Purdue also.

It couldn’t have helipad. He was on very thin ice.

Covid year and his new deal should get him one more year.

but as we’re learned ourselves, if he ain’t the right guy and you are hoping “just one more year “ can fix it, just get it over with now.

I hope he stays

Absolutely unless you can’t afford to buy him out his last year. Other than that new blood is necessary

"I doubt if a single guy on that roster would ever sniff a scholarship offer from IU"

Real ballsy thing to say when we are 2-0 against them this year. And by ballsy, I mean mentally deficient.

I hate indiana fans. I think collectively, as a fanbase, they are a steaming arrogant pile of collective shit. I am just happy we could ruin their night and they could stew in the filth that is their lazy team.

Also, I don't think a single guy off their roster would deserve an RU offer.

"I doubt if a single guy on that roster would ever sniff a scholarship offer from IU"

Real ballsy thing to say when we are 2-0 against them this year. And by ballsy, I mean mentally deficient.

I hate indiana fans. I think collectively, as a fanbase, they are a steaming arrogant pile of collective shit. I am just happy we could ruin their night and they could stew in the filth that is their lazy team.

Also, I don't think a single guy off their roster would deserve an RU offer.

For starters I will take #23 and #1.

There’s not one get off the ledge poster over there.
Every single one wants him fired.
They are a microcosm of their entire fan base.
I can’t see Archie surviving....IF, they don’t make the tournament

Reactions: BROTHERSKINNY
“I can’t see Archie surviving....IF, they don’t make the tournament”

In that case I hope they make the tournament 😉

Reactions: RUfromSoCal?
Some mental Teutonic plates are shifting in College hoops. But it won't be easy.

There are "legacy" fan bases that need to deal with the fact they are not guaranteed a big post season. Others (holding mirror up to my face) need to get used to the fact of - yes, we can have nice things.

It goes beyond the Big Ten of course.

NY Times 2/9/2021
The Blue Bloods Are Missing This College Basketball Season
There’s the Top 25, but where are Kentucky, Duke, Kansas and North Carolin
a?

What are some of the Coach K bootlickers in the media going to do in March?

It has now become an annual occurrence after each game where RU beats Indiana (which I believe is now 5 of the last 6) the IU fanbase calls for Archie's head.

It’s a shame we didn’t sweep MD too, coulda got 2 coaches fired in one season.

Reactions: bigmatt718
Archie’s buyout is over 10 mil. He’s probably not going anywhere
Thats what most of their fans are saying too! The buyout is too rich at $10 million. He has one more year and then if no significant improvement its sayonara!

There’s not one get off the ledge poster over there.
Every single one wants him fired.
They are a microcosm of their entire fan base.
I can’t see Archie surviving....IF, they don’t make the tournament
Well, this is Miller's 4th season and he hasn't taken IU to the NCAAT, has one 20-win season and I don't think he has ever led IU to a B1G record over .500.

I would be surprised if everyone on that board did not want him fired 🤷🏾‍♂️

It has now become an annual occurrence after each game where RU beats Indiana (which I believe is now 5 of the last 6) the IU fanbase calls for Archie's head.

the best post saw was one where a poster said when you are losing to Rutgers by 20, it’s time to wrap up the season...lol...there are still living in the 80s. We’ve beaten them 5 out of 6 and they are waiting to see Bobby Knight and Isiah Thomas take the court. Miller has had at least one 5 star (albeit over-rated 5 stars) and a few 4 stars in each of the last three seasons and he’s underachieved like Tom Crean had before him.

Well, this is Miller's 4th season and he hasn't taken IU to the NCAAT, has one 20-win season and I don't think he has ever led IU to a B1G record over .500.

I would be surprised if everyone on that board did not want him fired 🤷🏾‍♂️
He’s also made a habit of getting absolutely steamrolled by Purdue.

Reactions: RutgHoops
the best post saw was one where a poster said when you are losing to Rutgers by 20, it’s time to wrap up the season...lol...there are still living in the 80s. We’ve beaten them 5 out of 6 and they are waiting to see Bobby Knight and Isiah Thomas take the court. Miller has had at least one 5 star (albeit over-rated 5 stars) and a few 4 stars in each of the last three seasons and he’s underachieved like Tom Crean had before him.

Tom Crean won the B1G Ten and made several sweet 16s...that's pretty good in my book

Reactions: Pancho1939
Tom Crean won the B1G Ten and made several sweet 16s...that's pretty good in my book

meh. 166-135 at Indiana and made the tourney 4 out of 9 years while underachieving with some really good recruiting classes (I think Cody Zeller may have been the top recruit in the country). One of his last years, they were preseason #3 and missed the tournament. Would I take it at RU, sure, but at Indiana no way.

Thing is, the crazy boosters will pony up for his buyout and then hire someone even worse.

Reminds me of TN in football.

Reactions: bigmatt718
meh. 166-135 at Indiana and made the tourney 4 out of 9 years while underachieving with some really good recruiting classes (I think Cody Zeller may have been the top recruit in the country). One of his last years, they were preseason #3 and missed the tournament. Would I take it at RU, sure, but at Indiana no way.

To be fair didnt kelvin Sampson getting in trouble leave the cupboard bare? He did get Indiana a #1 seed

Meh?

Take away the first three seasons Crean was at IU -- he was dealing with the sanctions left behind by Kelvin Sampson (I think Crean had to start two walk-ons his first season in Bloomington) and its four tournament appearances in nine seasons. Three of them he advanced to the S16 where he lost to UK (they won the title that year), Syracuse (they made it to the Final Four) and UNC (they played in the title game that year).

And I get it. Indiana fans expect deeper tournament runs. But Crean's time at IU was pretty good once he got out from under those sanctions.

Meh?

Take away the first three seasons Crean was at IU -- he was dealing with the sanctions left behind by Kelvin Sampson (I think Crean had to start two walk-ons his first season in Bloomington) and its four tournament appearances in nine seasons. Three of them he advanced to the S16 where he lost to UK (they won the title that year), Syracuse (they made it to the Final Four) and UNC (they played in the title game that year).

And I get it. Indiana fans expect deeper tournament runs. But Crean's time at IU was pretty good once he got out from under those sanctions.

true, he had a rough start but I still think Crean did less with more better than almost any coach. After those first few years under Sampson, he recruited very well and his team almost always underachieved. I always thought Turgeon was right there with him as coach who underachieved considering his recruiting classes but He is actually doing a nice job on the sideline this year.

Some mental Teutonic plates are shifting in College hoops. But it won't be easy.

There are "legacy" fan bases that need to deal with the fact they are not guaranteed a big post season. Others (holding mirror up to my face) need to get used to the fact of - yes, we can have nice things.

It goes beyond the Big Ten of course.

NY Times 2/9/2021
The Blue Bloods Are Missing This College Basketball Season
There’s the Top 25, but where are Kentucky, Duke, Kansas and North Carolin
a?

What are some of the Coach K bootlickers in the media going to do in March?
Teutonic? :>)

But you need to throw those early years. Crean took over a Sampson disaster with basically a jv team

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT