ADVERTISEMENT

I'd like to see Eddie get another year

Status
Not open for further replies.
mad-- I never offered an opinion about Jordan here so I don't know what you are referring to but there are 15 posts alone by bac in this one thread--now that's crazy and silly sick

who cares? at least I put myself out there and defend my opinions. Sometimes I will be right, sometimes I will be wrong. I would rather be that than someone who fails to offer any opinion besides scolding other people

except that's all you do, I talk about everything, all you do is act like a board police,,,,you know there is an ignore button so you don't have to read me

Eddie should get a 5 year extension. He's a Great Ambassador for the School. His Wife is smoking hot. It took the Wrestling Team, 9 years to make real progress. Patience, People, Patience. At some point, he'll figure it out.

Says the guy who has stated, about 20 times in the last two weeks, that we need to hire "elite coaches" for our sports teams. Yes, EJ coached in the NBA, but he is far from am "elite" coach at any level.

Says the guy who has stated, about 20 times in the last two weeks, that we need to hire "elite coaches" for our sports teams. Yes, EJ coached in the NBA, but he is far from am "elite" coach at any level.

You're the fool that insists that Rutgers is like your household budget, broke and busted. If you get rid of EJ, you're opening up a can of worms. For instance, the Women's Lacrosse Coach is horrible, and she's had her job for at least a decade. Same goes for the Wrestling Coach. Now fans like you want to get rid of the African American Coach straight away. It wreaks of a double standard.

mad-- I never offered an opinion about Jordan here so I don't know what you are referring to but there are 15 posts alone by bac in this one thread--now that's crazy and silly sick
Wasn't implying you said anything about Jordan, just having fun with the feud you two seem to have going.
I was just saying you're wrong about the number of posts ( meant in a humorous way)
You said it was 7- 8 and I put the 9 posts he made before your :>"bac you are incorrigible--- "I've rested by case already"----what with 7 or 8 posts on this thread already?? more to come I'm sure."<

Not taking sides, I disagree with both of you on some of the issues discussed on these boards and I argue with bac a little more than I do you .
But try to keep my disagreements from being personal and only about the issues.

You're the fool that insists that Rutgers is like your household budget, broke and busted. If you get rid of EJ, you're opening up a can of worms. For instance, the Women's Lacrosse Coach is horrible, and she's had her job for at least a decade. Same goes for the Wrestling Coach. Now fans like you want to get rid of the African American Coach straight away. It wreaks of a double standard.

Did you really bring race into this conversation?? OMG, we want Eddie gone because, get this....... he's black. It's a double standard.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Is it possible that RU is at least a .500 team with Freeman, Sanders, Diallo, Laurent, Nigel and 4-5 Schollie players coming off the bench next? If yes, then bring Eddy back. If no, fire at end of season. If the anti Eddy crowd is good with next year's team being as bad or worse than this year's team then you'll have the right perspective heading into next season. I swear all we have to do is change the name of the RU coach but the philosophy of obtaining success stays the same: fire the coach. Eddy has alot of warts but it has been 3 seasons. Even the Fire Eddy Now crowd has to have a smidgen of curiosity whether a full squad of Eddy recruits can be .500 or better team next season.

GO RU

The WRESTLING COACH is "horrible"? You really are an idiot. The wrestling team was ranked as high as 6th in the nation this year, beat 5 Top 20 programs, and finished the regular season ranked #10. You have proven, once and for all, that you know absolutely nothing about Rutgers Athletics.

Also, you're a complete douche bag for even insinuating anything about my comments, re: EJ, and them having anything whatsoever to do with race. I absolutely love EJ for what he did here and why he came back - I was 9.5 years old and WENT TO THE FINAL 4 that year in Philly with my dad- he was my favorite RU player ever, and I fully supported his hiring, so STFU and get lost already.

Oh, and btw, we ARE broke. We've had a $25M+ deficit for years now. Seriously???

Last edited:
Is it possible that RU is at least a .500 team with Freeman, Sanders, Diallo, Laurent, Nigel and 4-5 Schollie players coming off the bench next? If yes, then bring Eddy back. If no, fire at end of season. If the anti Eddy crowd is good with next year's team being as bad or worse than this year's team then you'll have the right perspective heading into next season. I swear all we have to do is change the name of the RU coach but the philosophy of obtaining success stays the same: fire the coach. Eddy has alot of warts but it has been 3 seasons. Even the Fire Eddy Now crowd has to have a smidgen of curiosity whether a full squad of Eddy recruits can be .500 or better team next season.

GO RU
You cannot build a Big Ten program competing against Quinnipiac for recruits or throwing scholarships at players like Goode. Yes, Sanders is good. Freeman MIGHT be a good 2 year quick fix. Maybe. But I already saw Freeman, Sanders, Diallo, and Laurent play together early this season supported by Williams, Foreman, Daniels, Grier, and Lewis and it wasn't pretty. As of now, we lose at least Seniors Daniels, Grier, and Lewis and replace them with Johnson, 3 lightly recruited non-bigs and Doorson who has been in a walking boot for 6 months and counting and hasn't practiced a minute. And, of course, some players will leave after the season. They always do. I can't envision a scenario in which an Eddie Jordan coached squad of those players goes .500 unless he continues to schedule down to avoid playing powerhouses like Princeton and Monmouth and replaces them all with RU-Newark. It's not about trying to be less historically awful next season. It's about building a program. Eddie has proven to me that he's not capable of building this program - not with his recruiting, not with his coaching, not with his coaching hires, not with selling a vision. I'm more curious to see how another coach will do with a full squad of recruits.

GO RU

There is zero chance of 500...the team will have to learn how to win..there are not many if any imprograms that go from 6-26 to 161-16 in the Big 10...its a 12-20 type team

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT