ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois -2.5

Illinois played the good teams on their schedule far closer than we have played the good teams on ours. I know NEB, UNC and WMU are not UW, OSU and UM, but both NEB and WMU are ranked and UNC is just off the rankings having handily beat FSU on the road. Illinois was competitive in all of these games (especially at NEB) compared to our last two annihilations. I think realistically, Ill should be a 7 to 10 point favorite.

A game winning 50+ yard field goal as time expired is not having "handily" won.

We lost 3 games to top 5 teams in horrible fashion. But lets not put Illinois on any pedestal.

Reactions: shields
Both first year HC's after the previous guys were canned, conference game. We aren't hitting above our weight class here. This is a game that will tell us where we are as a program.

Reactions: bac2therac
I actually think this line is a good sign for you guys. The casual bettor I s going to take Illinois w the points after the scoreboard the last two weeks. I expect the line to move to 4-5-6 probably. Vegas wants the money to come in on Illinois and I like y'all to win this weekend.

Looks like I need to retract my earlier post about running past IL. Was really hoping a big dose of Martin, Hicks, and TO in this game.

I actually think this line is a good sign for you guys. The casual bettor I s going to take Illinois w the points after the scoreboard the last two weeks. I expect the line to move to 4-5-6 probably. Vegas wants the money to come in on Illinois and I like y'all to win this weekend.

Line up to -6. I repeat, I love Rutgers this weekend.

The pressure will be on any team playing us. Do you want to loss to a team that lost by 78 points. I am liking us in this one.

The last two weeks haven't been pretty to say the least, but people are seriously overreacting if they don't think we'll at least be competitive with Illinois. Rutgers will win.

The last two weeks haven't been pretty to say the least, but people are seriously overreacting if they don't think we'll at least be competitive with Illinois. Rutgers will win.
The game is really a pick' em. However, I agree we should win but only because we are playing at home. If this was an away game the spread would be at least RU +10.

The game is really a pick' em. However, I agree we should win but only because we are playing at home. If this was an away game the spread would be at least RU +10.

I think it really does depend how much the last two weeks has affected the moral of the team. If they can move past it then I think RU will be okay, if it's still lingering, they'll struggle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT