ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois thread

That thread should have been stopped the second parents started to chime in. Mind you as a father of a young wrestler I understand their frustration, but at that point it should have been brought to an end.

Reactions: brentx35 and rondi
NJ likes to eat their own. Quite sad and disappointing it hasn’t progressed from that yet. Constructive criticism is fine. Incessant, personal bashing of R players...nope. Not on my watch.

Onward upward.

Go RU!
Diane

Some of the stuff Creedo was saying was just disgraceful and it wasn’t just one kid ...it was only a matter of time before a parent would see the personal attacks he was making and respond to it ..critiqueing is one thing personal attacks are another ...I don’t care if he was a former RU wrestler in his dreams but a former wrestler would never take it to the level he did against our kids and then the parents .we all know this was gonna be a down year and it is and maybe picking up the kids instead of batting them down would help ...despite what he thinks they are 18-23 year old kids and don’t step on the mat to try and lose to disappoint all of us ..he was banned once before so no surprise to me if he is again.

Agree. But, now I am ready to LET IT GOOOOOO and MOVE ON. Not worth our time anymore. Everyone got the Memo (hopefully). It’s all good.

Enjoy your Saturday. We have a triple header - WBB, MBB & Wrestling on Sunday. Rest up, BIG day!

Go RU!
Diane

True fans stick with the team through the good and the bad times. It is easy to jump on the bandwagon when we are winning. We all want to win and no one wants to win more than the kids and the coaches. I truly believe that this year is a great learning experience for our 12 freshman including Kinniard, Vulak, Harrison, Lightner, and Britton. While we are taking our lumps the future is really bright. The true fans will look back on our current struggles and take pride in the team's accomplishments when we are a top 5-10 contender within 2 years. I will welcome the fans that jump on the bandwagon when we win. I will celebrate with the fans that stuck with this team and coaches through thick and thin.

Reactions: TRU2RU and rondi
I don't know why anybody would attack student athletes for their performance. Professional paid coaches are another story, Goodale and his staff should be held responsible for the lack of recruiting that has led to this year's poor results. The kids themselves are giving 100% effort, most simply do not have elite B1G talent, no fault of their own, give them a break.

It was basically one poster who was way over line. Not sure why anyone would be shocked by the behavior given the history. Many were fawning over him with his transfer tidbit. I don’t understand how he could be encouraging the individual to come to Rutgers if he truly believed what he wrote last night.

It is unfortunate that a former two time RU ALL American from the 1980's may be on this Board being negative toward our wrestlers. A great RU wrestler understands how difficult this sport is and the challenges all wrestlers face.

Reactions: DUForever and rondi
I was not able to watch the match last night and just watched replay on BTN+. Is there no discussion thread on this match? Was it deleted? Pretty weak by this site if that’s the case.

I was not able to watch the match last night and just watched replay on BTN+. Is there no discussion thread on this match? Was it deleted? Pretty weak by this site if that’s the case.

It got pretty bad... especially the last comment. One of those rare times I agreed that a thread needed to be purged.

It got pretty bad... especially the last comment. One of those rare times I agreed that a thread needed to be purged.
So delete the comment if it was that bad. No reason the delete the whole thread. Lost a lot of respect for this site if that’s the case. I mean this is an open forum so if people can’t handle some obnoxious comments or criticism of their kids than don’t read the damn site. And after watching that match replay it looks like there was a lot of criticism to go around on both the coaches and wrestlers.

So delete the comment if it was that bad. No reason the delete the whole thread. Lost a lot of respect for this site if that’s the case. I mean this is an open forum so if people can’t handle some obnoxious comments or criticism of their kids than don’t read the damn site. And after watching that match replay it looks like there was a lot of criticism to go around on both the coaches and wrestlers.

The entire thread unraveled. It wasn’t one or two comments. Once several wresting parents got involved it went right into the toilet. I won’t comment further.

The moderators of this forum give a wide birth to express opinions....at least in my experience posting here over the last decade or so. I’m not for censor-ship by any means, but I’m sympathetic to why they felt completely removing the thread was warranted. It was completely hijacked by some real vitriol.

I agree there was a lot of criticism to go around last night though. Just wanted to express this forum is by no means very strict with removing comments or threads. Cannot remember the last time an entire thread was removed so it’s definitely a rarity.

The entire thread unraveled. It wasn’t one or two comments. Once several wresting parents got involved it went right into the toilet. I won’t comment further.
And really parents getting into it too? I mean your kid is a Big 10 wrestler so really not a good idea to be going at it with fans on a forum. If your kid is a college wrestler and is wrestling in a way to open them up to criticism than don’t read public message boards if you can’t handle it.

It is unfortunate that a former two time RU ALL American from the 1980's may be on this Board being negative toward our wrestlers. A great RU wrestler understands how difficult this sport is and the challenges all wrestlers face.

I guess we can figure out who RUCreedo is. I bet we never hear other graduate All Americans like Ashnault, Theobold, Perrotti, or DelVecchio, or Tanis do this.

I guess we can figure out who RUCreedo is. I bet we never hear other graduate All Americans like Ashnault, Theobold, Perrotti, or DelVecchio, or Tanis do this.
Yea he signed in under a new name I guess...still justifying his vitriol ...I doubt he was a two time all American at all ..hell last week he was ripping women and the choice of attire as if any of us cared what the women were wearing .

Yea he signed in under a new name I guess...still justifying his vitriol ...I doubt he was a two time all American at all ..hell last week he was ripping women and the choice of attire as if any of us cared what the women were wearing .
Hope you are not referring to me?

I think RU has only had one two time all American besides AA , NS and Perrotti and I think he lives in Colorado so I don’t think it’s him with what he was saying last night assuming he wasn’t lying and it certainly wasn’t any of these three ..at any rate there’s still time to rebound and hopefully the guys got a wake up call last night ...look at positive side ..nowhere to go but up!

Time to move the conversation from what is done and to concentrate on what the rest of the season has in store for us. Most of us, including me, are not going to knock an athlete’s parent for sticking up for their son in those circumstances but it’s history now.

Negative people are always going to exist online and the best way to deal with them is to ignore them. Don’t give them the attention that they obviously crave given the tone of their “commentary”.

Criticism is one thing and that’s part of why these boards exist but personal insults aimed at athletes and other posters are another. I’m not just referring to the guy everyone is talking about today but to anyone that goes overboard in the sharing their “expertise”.

Ignore them and they will find other things to do with their “creative” efforts and the real discussion can move forward.

Reactions: TRU2RU and rondi
I understand the parents frustrations when people trash talk their kids but I hope they know that the overwhelming majority of fans support them. We all know wrestling is a hard sport and in reality, the opinions of a couple clowns on the internet don’t matter.

I posted to me that he rolled around with Leta and the 2 time AA from the 80’s was under Dean Oliver and Leta was coaching high school. He mentioned his buddy Rodney VanNess who was mid 90’s. So he lied if he was the 80’s guy. John S started coaching in 1991. The only 1990’s decorated RU wrestler who was a NJ state champ was Kevin McCann from South Plainfield’s legendary program and went back to coach there do I doubt it was him since I think he still lives in NJ. The other NJ champ then was Jordan Beverly who was not a decorated RU wrestler..

I posted to me that he rolled around with Leta and the 2 time AA from the 80’s was under Dean Oliver and Leta was coaching high school. He mentioned his buddy Rodney VanNess who was mid 90’s. So he lied if he was the 80’s guy. John S started coaching in 1991. The only 1990’s decorated RU wrestler who was a NJ state champ was Kevin McCann from South Plainfield’s legendary program and went back to coach there do I doubt it was him since I think he still lives in NJ. The other NJ champ then was Jordan Beverly who was not a decorated RU wrestler..
The 80s guy who was 2 time AA lives in Colorado I believe so when Creedo said he was around the corner eating but would stop to see the two parents he was either lying or really bored in Colorado lol

My concern is if he was banned from here does that mean he is taking his Nick Suriano level upper weight guy he says was coming here with him ..lol

Reactions: nitlion6
Wow, I stopped watching at the break since I had plans at 8pm but it seems things got crazy after that. Missed a doozy apparently lol

Its shame that some people can't control themselves and I can't believe they got into it with some parents. Yikes.

Last edited:
I’m definitely not defending the guy and have no idea what was said but it’s kind of crazy to think that people now have to walk on eggshells and not be critical of these wrestlers on a public forum or their parents might just in and lash out at you. Should there be a rule that only positive discussions allowed as to not hurt any feelings? NJ has passionate fans who are going to speak up when they see Rutgers wrestlers get outmuscled and outworked on the mat as consistently as this team does.

Reactions: KidDagger
The 80’s guy in Colorado is Anthony Surage who I assume everyone figured out.

I’m definitely not defending the guy and have no idea what was said but it’s kind of crazy to think that people now have to walk on eggshells and not be critical of these wrestlers on a public forum or their parents might just in and lash out at you. Should there be a rule that only positive discussions allowed as to not hurt any feelings? NJ has passionate fans who are going to speak up when they see Rutgers wrestlers get outmuscled and outworked on the mat as consistently as this team does.
Sorry, he went way beyond what you are saying.

Reactions: LETSGORU91

There’s a difference between criticism and flat out insulting. The guy made a claim that one of our guys couldn’t escape bottom against a 6th grader and then doubled down on his opinion when he was told it was an unnecessary exaggeration.

No one is saying don’t be critical. Keep it factual and eliminate the personal insults. Some people cross lines and others obliterate them, anonymously of course.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT