ADVERTISEMENT

IMartt lost on purpose

RUCreedo

Sophomore
Dec 31, 2015
Apparently,the mat.com has some posters on there,that think IMart lost on purpose,because of all the pressure.At first,I thought this guy who blogged this,was a nutt,but I watched the match again,and he just laid there.Anyone have any thoughts on this? I just think Nolf is that good,and there was a ton of pressure on IMart ,and it did get to him.

He tried his tricks early and they did not work and you could see he was somewhat rubbery legged. Nolf just took it to him and kicked his ass. The thing I liked about the PSU wrestlers after they won there was no grandstanding or being a hot dog. They just walked off the mat and left.

Reactions: RUpop
He tried his tricks early and they did not work and you could see he was somewhat rubbery legged. Nolf just took it to him and kicked his ass. The thing I liked about the PSU wrestlers after they won there was no grandstanding or being a hot dog. They just walked off the mat and left.
They definitely reflect their coach all class. If they grandstanded I think Cael would take them back to the room and show them just how good they think they are.[laughing] Unlike a certain other B1G team, who's coach really never understood the meaning of sportsmanship even when he wrestled.

IMart ran out of gas. Nolf is simply way better conditioned. Maybe at MSG or Big10 tourny he'll be in better shape.

I was very impressed with Cael. Even during his halftime interview he spoke with class and respect.
How do you compete with that on the recruiting front?
Hard to root against Cael (and I dislike Penn State Football with a passion)

I talked to IMar after the match. He told me he lost on purpose. So I guess that settles it.

lol ! In the post match interview w Shane Sparks of BTN, Nolf said he always goes into every match with a conditioning advantage. That nobody will out work him getting in shape. It showed against IMar who was very aggressive in the first round, getting close on throws and taking shots, by 2nd period the tide turned, and then Nolf's condition and technique took over. Hey, sometimes the other kid is just better. The return matche ups in the Big 10 tourny and possibly nationals should be fun to watch. IMar now knows what to expect.

IMart ran out of gas. Nolf is simply way better conditioned. Maybe at MSG or Big10 tourny he'll be in better shape.
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

IMart didn't run out of gas. He just was put into a bad position and got pinned. It happens in wrestling. Looking forward to their next meet.

They definitely reflect their coach all class. If they grandstanded I think Cael would take them back to the room and show them just how good they think they are.[laughing] Unlike a certain other B1G team, who's coach really never understood the meaning of sportsmanship even when he wrestled.

Since you don't want to say it:

IOWA

Reactions: koleszar
Apparently,the mat.com has some posters on there,that think IMart lost on purpose,because of all the pressure.At first,I thought this guy who blogged this,was a nutt,but I watched the match again,and he just laid there.Anyone have any thoughts on this? I just think Nolf is that good,and there was a ton of pressure on IMart ,and it did get to him.
It makes absolutely no sense. if he didn't care enough about going undefeated to throw a match then how was it to much pressure if he didn't care about accomplishing it first place? This is the typical bs that come out after something like this happens. People don't want to admit that the person they thought was unbeatable got beat. The can accept he got beat so they come up with some excuse. The same things came out with Rhinda Rosey and Mike Tyson lost. These athletes work to hard to just throw a match.

Abro, I totally agree with this assessment. I expect at the B1G and NCAA tournament an entirely new strategy from IMar. He thought he could horse Nolf in the first period and expended a lot of energy for little return. This won't happen again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT