ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland Sports Weekend was More Depressing than Yours

dconifer

All Conference
Oct 4, 2004
Just so you know -- the Terrapins had a horribly depressing sports weekend, worse than that of Rutgers, I think. So you can enjoy some schadenfreude. I don't think they won a single event in any sport. Some highlights:

Friday, lost in baseball to Ole' Miss.
Saturday: men's lacrosse lost in triple overtime to Notre Dame, lost in baseball, bottom of the ninth, to Vanderbilt, lost a tight game in women's basketball to Iowa.
Sunday: men's basketball, lost on a buzzer-beater at Penn State to prevent finishing alone in second place, women's lacrosse lost to Denver.

The B1G Newbies will Rise Again!

Eh, a bad single weekend for sure for your Terps.

But watching our men’s basketball team implode over the past four weeks — to the brink of elimination — has been the sports equivalent of water boarding.

Reactions: herdof3
Yes that is a tough weekend but at least the Terps men's bball knows they are in the field. I appreciate your attempt at consolation. Hopefully we can get one against the Wolves and see you in the field.

Well, thank you for the encouragement! 😂 All kidding aside, this is sports and every fan base gets kicked in the nads eventually.

Reactions: Shimmy24
Hang in there, dconifer. -Believe me, we feel your pain. (And you can also believe me when I say that Rutgers fans are holders of PhD's when it comes to sports related pain.) -We undoubtedly could write a book, which probably would be lost somewhere in the shipping process. ;-)

Reactions: DowntownT_Brown
Also over the weekend in Baltimore this bldg collapsed on couple of cars (though one of the cars contained criminals so no loss there)

Reactions: HallX2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT