ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY: 2/13 NCAA TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS

Watchel has us on the 8 line
He is really something he dropped us 2.25 spots from the last 6 to the first 9 before the Wisconsin win . I called him out saying we lost to Indiana and Illinois on the road in tight games and lost to Nebraska and that was worth a seed line but why 2.25 when teams can lose 2 or to unranked teams , and at home and never move. He moved TCU to a 6 and apparently didn’t count their 4-5 losses without Mike Miles but never gave Rutgers the same pass without MAG. I know he is a former Rutgers guy but he is very inconsistent when dealing with us. We should have stayed on the 8 line and the Wisconsin win should have moved us to first 8 or last couple of 7’s

The 11 seed for P6 schools has had to play in Dayton last two years. ND-Rutgers was a play in for the 11 seed last season for example. Want to avoid being an 11 seed (imo)
Yeah obviously you don't want to have be play the xtra game . But if you can get one of the 11' s that don't play in Dayton it's worth it. Really not a huge difference between playing a 6 compared to a 7,8, 9 or 10.

Yeah obviously you don't want to have be play the xtra game . But if you can get one of the 11' s that don't play in Dayton it's worth it. Really not a huge difference between playing a 6 compared to a 7,8, 9 or 10.
Similar argument can be made that playing a 1 isn’t all that different from a 3. The AP poll just came out and 9-12 (roughly 3 seeds) are Baylor, Marquette, Tennessee, and Gonzaga.

With the lack of 2 bid leagues this year, I highly doubt any play-in games goes lower than 11. 32nd NEC doesn't even deserve a bid this year with 2 teams ineligible, Stonehill and Merrimack, and of their 7 teams eligible, their highest rated team is 302 FDU(14-13).

The SWAC is 31st and they have 4 teams between 199-274.
The Southland is 30th and they have 4 teams between 178-263.

Of the conferences 11-32, 22 conferences, are the usually 22 spots for seeds 12-16 and play-in games. Charleston is the only team in the top 75 with a legit shot of an large.

Liberty, no, Oral Roberts, no, Kent St, no, Sam Houston, Bradley, Iona, Yale, Drake and Utah Valley would have to get to the conference finals and lose, and even that it's a slim chance to even get a play in at large. Florida Atlantic is the only team to pretty much lock an at large but CUSA is 10th, part of the 10 conferences that usually, not always, get 2 bids or more catagory and most of the 46 bids, 1-11 and play in.. North Texas of CUSA is in good shape too.

Last edited:
Reactions: G- RUnit
He is really something he dropped us 2.25 spots from the last 6 to the first 9 before the Wisconsin win . I called him out saying we lost to Indiana and Illinois on the road in tight games and lost to Nebraska and that was worth a seed line but why 2.25 when teams can lose 2 or to unranked teams , and at home and never move. He moved TCU to a 6 and apparently didn’t count their 4-5 losses without Mike Miles but never gave Rutgers the same pass without MAG. I know he is a former Rutgers guy but he is very inconsistent when dealing with us. We should have stayed on the 8 line and the Wisconsin win should have moved us to first 8 or last couple of 7’s

Agree..bracketologists are factoring recent bias with RUTGERS resume. I cant see how they arent a 7. Also peeps sufferering recency bias with Maryland because they beat Purdue. Compare resumes Rutgers> Maryland

Agree..bracketologists are factoring recent bias with RUTGERS resume. I cant see how they arent a 7. Also peeps sufferering recency bias with Maryland because they beat Purdue. Compare resumes Rutgers> Maryland
Our resumes look very close. I hate Maryland and I know you’re gonna say road wins but they have a better record, SOS, OOC win, Net…

My other issue is him giving Iowa a 6 when they lost to Eastern Illinois and he absolutely hammered us for Lafayette last year , which we deserved , but has ignored Iowa’s home Quad 4 loss this year. Inconsistent in his treatment especially bending over backwards to prove he is not a RU homer bc of his past ties with us.

Our resumes look very close. I hate Maryland and I know you’re gonna say road wins but they have a better record, SOS, OOC win, Net…

yes they have a clean profile and better sos but RUs win over Purdue is simply better because of where it was. RU also won at Northwestern. RU has better wins. Ru penalized because of recency with Maryland hot and RU not but MD just lost to Nebby too, need to slow the roll with them

Reactions: Scangg
West Virginia demolishing Oklahoma State. Gonna both be 16-12.

My other issue is him giving Iowa a 6 when they lost to Eastern Illinois and he absolutely hammered us for Lafayette last year , which we deserved , but has ignored Iowa’s home Quad 4 loss this year. Inconsistent in his treatment especially bending over backwards to prove he is not a RU homer bc of his past ties with us.

I am giving Iowa a 6 right now...reason being have 7 Q1 wins and a whopping 11-8 in Q1/2. 7 wins vs teams in the field

Bac…with the log jam in the big ten …and how they are jamming the 6 and 7 line , you think they will really use the big ten tourney to help sort out the log Jam

Thinking it might be relevant ….it’s going to be tight

And …I haven’t dug deep , how bad is clemson resume that they are on the bubble with that high of placement with the ACC

And how far off is Arizona state that they aren’t even being considered as a single digit loss team from a power 6 confrcnee (grant it , the pac 12)

And …I haven’t dug deep , how bad is clemson resume that they are on the bubble with that high of placement with the ACC
They have losses to South Carolina (Kenpom of 224), Loyola Chicago (252), Boston College (197) and Louisville (278). Pretty bad non-conference, and their unbalanced schedule in the ACC meant playing Virginia, Miami, Duke, and NC once, while getting Louisville, Georgia Tech, and Florida St twice. They've got a pretty big hill to climb still even with the gaudy ACC record.

Bac…with the log jam in the big ten …and how they are jamming the 6 and 7 line , you think they will really use the big ten tourney to help sort out the log Jam

Thinking it might be relevant ….it’s going to be tight

And how far off is Arizona state that they aren’t even being considered as a single digit loss team from a power 6 confrcnee (grant it , the pac 12)

i think everything sorts itself out the next 3 weeks. Id be surprised to see Indiana fall out of the 4-5 positioning

Northwestern could stay where they are and even move to 4 but if they dont finish strong could fall back to the 6-7 range

RU, Iowa, Illinois, Maryland, Michigan State all have shots at 6 with strong finishes but I see a pecking order developing...6, 7, 8, 9 and maybe even a 10.

Then one of those bloated schools on the 11..last 4 in spot from Wisky/PSU/Mich

Clemson and ASU just have garbage resumes. Clemson has some nice wins just too many bad losses. ASU has just one bad loss but they only had one win of note. That is not good enough

ADVERTISEMENT