ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY: 2/13 NCAA TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS

Other than Duke's win at Syracuse, pretty much every result went our way from an NCAA seeding perspective today...

Michigan State
Nevada
Oklahoma State
Illinois
Pitt
West Virginia
Mizzou
Auburn

....all lost, teams projected to be in that 7-10 seed range.

Incredible consensus at Bracket Matrix right now with only five additional teams popping up on brackets outside of the composite. And with Clemson's loss to Louisville we can basically drop that to four.

Penn State, Arizona State, and Michigan are the biggest lurkers right now, appearing on no ballots.

From a seeding perspective, today we root for the following teams to lose:

NC State (vs UNC)
Maryland (@ Nebraska)
Boise (vs UNLV)

Iowa/Northwestern doesn't really matter as both are in the 5-7 seed range.

Reactions: RU23

NC State (vs UNC)
Maryland (@ Nebraska)
Boise (vs UNLV)

Thanks, I feel like OSU/Purdue (on now and close but very early) is a win/win.

I think most would say root for Purdue to keep that win shiny but we did play OSU twice and Purdue once. And we don’t want the road OSU “loss” and home win to become Q3 (very possible given how much losing the Buckeyes have proven they’re capable of).

Couldn't ask for much better results for Rutgers today

NC State (vs UNC)
Maryland (@ Nebraska)
Boise (vs UNLV)

Yes and with Iowa/NW I see NW slightly ahead of Iowa so maybe Iowa losing might help

Reactions: Bayonnebomber79
Thanks, I feel like OSU/Purdue (on now and close but very early) is a win/win.

I think most would say root for Purdue to keep that win shiny but we did play OSU twice and Purdue once. And we don’t want the road OSU “loss” and home win to become Q3 (very possible given how much losing the Buckeyes have proven they’re capable of).

Yeah but Purdue is a super win..shitting the bed wouldn't help

Incredible consensus at Bracket Matrix right now with only five additional teams popping up on brackets outside of the composite. And with Clemson's loss to Louisville we can basically drop that to four.

Penn State, Arizona State, and Michigan are the biggest lurkers right now, appearing on no ballots.

Cant recall a year this bad but dont count back from dead Texas Tech and Vanderbilt

Weaksauce bubble.

Predicting bac will have pedd state and their 3.5 good wins IN tomorrow.

1 Alabama NET 2 KPI 1 SOR 1
7 Baylor NET 12 KPI 4 SOR 7 - lost Kansas
10 Virginia NET 16 KPI 12 SOR 9
13 Indiana NET 18 KPI 19 SOR 17

2 Houston NET 1 KPI 5 SOR 4
5 Texas NET 9 KPI 6 SOR 5
9 Tennessee NET 3 KPI 7 SOR 15 -Lost Kentucky
16 Xavier NET 26 KPI 22 SOR 13

3 Purdue NET 5 KPI 3 SOR 3
8 UCLA NET 4 KPI 13 SOR 6
11 Iowa St NET 15 KPI 18 SOR 19 -Lost Kansas St
14 Marquette NET 14 KPI 24 SOR 12

4 Kansas NET 6 KPI 2 SOR 2
6 Arizona NET 11 KPI 8 SOR 8
12 Kansas St NET 20 KPI 14 SOR 14
15 Gonzaga NET 10 KPI 11 SOR 11

Gonna be interest with 5 Big 12 possibly in the top 16, it will probably settle itself next couple weeks to 4 teams.

Top 16 NET excluded
St Mary's NET 7 KPI 10 SOR 31
UConn NET 8 KPI 20 SOR 16
Creighton NET 13 KPI 31 SOR 27

UConn was probably team #17, St Mary's #18.

Other B1G teams
Maryland NET 21 KPI 32 SOR 26
Illinois NET 27 KPI 42 SOR 37
Rutgers NET 28 KPI 40 SOR 48
IOWA NET 36 KPI 41 SOR 34
Mich St NET 40 KPI 36 SOR 22
Northwestern NET 43 KPI 26 SOR 21

Penn St NET 60 KPI 58 SOR 60
Michigan NET 65 KPI 59 SOR 67
Wisconsin NET 76 KPI 48 SOR 45

Wisconsin is in the best shape between them, UM, and PSU right now.

If NW knocks off Iowa and Nebraska wins at home vs Maryland , we will be in a four way tie for fourth place in conference . We have tiebreaker over Maryland, but Iowa has tiebreaker over us. The fourth team is Michigan Who we are playing Thursday So there is still a path to a top 4 finish if we can keep winning.

If NW knocks off Iowa and Nebraska wins at home vs Maryland , we will be in a four way tie for fourth place in conference . We have tiebreaker over Maryland, but Iowa has tiebreaker over us. The fourth team is Michigan Who we are playing Thursday So there is still a path to a top 4 finish if we can keep winning.
We are 1/2 game out of fourth place. Of course there is a path

Memphis loses @ Houston, no damage done but should still be well behind RU in seeding.

Let’s go Nebby.

Reactions: bac2therac
Caught the last ten minutes of todays game. Huge win. In particular because it was a road win and technically a q1 I believe so lets go wiscy the rest of the year.

Now, its very likely as long as we just beat minny were in
Q2

nebby beating Iowa would be greatly appreciated if it knocks Iowa one notch below us in the league standings. Would love to get the double bye.

Would have to win 2 games in tournament too
at least

problem for them is they are just 6-14 vs Q1/2...say they beat MSU and Iowa and the latter brings their mark to just 4-11 in Q1, thats only 8-14...I think they would have to reach the finals and even then maybe not..see Texas A&M last season

Reactions: cicero grimes
As expected, CBS and dbag Palm has us as the 3rd 10 seed, just missing the “last 4 in”. Clowns. Was Jerry Palm denied admission to Rutgers?

I dunno. I think we are honestly 8 - 10 seed, we won’t win out especially with Caleb potentially lingering back issue.

Oregon goes down at Washington State. Borderline Q1/Q2 loss and a major missed chance.

Oregon will finish the regular season 8-12 in Q1/Q2 and they have a Q3 loss. That's a really rough profile.

ADVERTISEMENT