ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY: 2/13 NCAA TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS

Why are we arguing about Miami's resume when they're 22-5 with only one bad loss and wins over Providence, Rutgers, Duke, NC State, Virginia, North Carolina, Clemson, and Wake Forest?

because he just assumes because ru beat them and has better net they should be ahead. Miami is 22-5 and RU 17-10. Miami has proven a 5 for now is where they should be..that could fall to 6 but if they win the acc we are talking 4

Virginia though is a team im not impressed with. Their wins are not all that great.

Beating Providence at home is not a major accomplishment. Not sure why it’s important to have a strong out of conference resume. What’s more important is playing in a league with 8 teams going to dance and beating a lot of those teams like Purdue and Indiana
yes beating Providence is a strong win. OOC matters, its important to committee, body of work. League wins are important to but Ooc is 1/3 of the season. RU performed mediocre with a sos of 308

Reactions: cicero grimes
Utah at Arizona State tied at 60 with 1:13 left. Unfortunately only on Pac12 Network

Arizona State will win and stay alive. They finish the year at Arizona, at UCLA, at USC.

Nevada is up 22-6 at Utah State.

Will Baker for Nevada has all 22 of their points including 6-6 on three pointers.

yes beating Providence is a strong win. OOC matters, its important to committee, body of work. League wins are important to but Ooc is 1/3 of the season. RU performed mediocre with a sos of 308
Providence is interesting from a seeding perspective to me. They are unbeaten 15-0 at home but only .500 on the road with their best win at nova. Would really like to see them beat one of the other ranked 4 on the road or at the garden before I believe in them as a 2nd weekend tournament team.

Clemson is down 10 at Louisville in the second half. Yiiiikes.

Beating Providence at home is not a major accomplishment. Not sure why it’s important to have a strong out of conference resume. What’s more important is playing in a league with 8 teams going to dance and beating a lot of those teams like Purdue and Indiana
Providence has lost one game in two years at home. So if it was done it would be a major accomplishment. Miami beat Providence on a neutral court at Mohegan.

Providence is interesting from a seeding perspective to me. They are unbeaten 15-0 at home but only .500 on the road with their best win at nova. Would really like to see them beat one of the other ranked 4 on the road or at the garden before I believe in them as a 2nd weekend tournament team.
Top four teams in Big East are like 28-0 at home against each other. Only team that has a road victory is Xavier at Uconn. ( Uconn not in top 4)

Providence has lost one game in two years at home. So if it was done it would be a major accomplishment. Miami beat Providence on a neutral court at Mohegan.
But if it was on a neutral court it’s not a big accomplishment

Louisville has been improving lately. They played Miami fairly close and then only lost to UVA by 3
Yup slightly a case of bad timing for Clemson but... They're down 14 to a really really bad team.

Why are we arguing about Miami's resume when they're 22-5 with only one bad loss and wins over Providence, Rutgers, Duke, NC State, Virginia, North Carolina, Clemson, and Wake Forest?
I’m not arguing about their resume just not set in stone that they’re an automatic 4 or 5 seed. Their resume is good so far, but when watching them against us I wasn’t saying wow are they good and if the stumble I could certainly see them drop to 6 or 7 seed

Our win at Northwestern is a better achievement than Miami’s against Providence
I would agree especially since it was one of Providence's first five games of the season and they were replacing five starters from previous year. Miami is a very good team though.

I would agree especially since it was one of Providence's first five games of the season and they were replacing five starters from previous year. Miami is a very good team though.
There is a reason our NET and Ken Pom rating is higher than Miami. We beat better teams and beat some good teams like MD and Indiana convincingly

Clemson still has two Q1 games left but they are in real trouble with three Q4 losses.

There is a reason our NET and Ken Pom rating is higher than Miami. We beat better teams and beat some good teams like MD and Indiana convincingly
Yes plus the Big Ten is quite a bit better then ACC. ACC has a lot of land mines as Clemson is finding out today.

Utah State has come all the way back from that 22-6 deficit to tie Nevada with 10 minutes left.

Michigan vs MSU also tight.

Utah State completes the comeback to get a win and keep their hopes alive. They will also need to beat Boise State in a couple weeks.

Nevada's case is still fine but they've got nothing but landmines left. No chances to improve their standing until the conference tournament.

because he just assumes because ru beat them and has better net they should be ahead. Miami is 22-5 and RU 17-10. Miami has proven a 5 for now is where they should be..that could fall to 6 but if they win the acc we are talking 4

Virginia though is a team im not impressed with. Their wins are not all that great.
Would love to get them as game 2.

Top four teams in Big East are like 28-0 at home against each other. Only team that has a road victory is Xavier at Uconn. ( Uconn not in top 4)
Yes and that kind of worries me come tournament time. If you exclude uconn the best road win of the top 4 is Creighton beating Arkansas. Not sure how that translates come ncaa time.

Don't get me wrong I am an old big east fan and root for the conference during the tourney with the exception of Yukon. I just think winning big games on the road toughens you for the tournament.

Utah State completes the comeback to get a win and keep their hopes alive. They will also need to beat Boise State in a couple weeks.

Nevada's case is still fine but they've got nothing but landmines left. No chances to improve their standing until the conference tournament.

Finally a win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT