ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY: 2/13 NCAA TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS

Not that it matters from a Bracketology standpoint, but Hartford does have one more game, on Sunday against Chicago State. It's really a shame that they are heading backwards, as they didn't have that bad of a basketball program. Finally made the NCAA tourney a few years ago, and had one really good alum in Vin Baker.

Think you're Big Ten bias showing having Penn State ahead of Seton hall a team that is three games under 500 in their conference and no notable non conference wins . Compared to a team two games over 500 and two good non conference wins with one bad loss. Also no way providence is a nine seed. They are 7.9 average on bracket matrix . Otherwise a nice job as always

Think you're Big Ten bias showing having Penn State ahead of Seton hall a team that is three games under 500 in their conference and no notable non conference wins . Compared to a team two games over 500 and two good non conference wins with one bad loss. Also no way providence is a nine seed. They are 7.9 average on bracket matrix . Otherwise a nice job as always
@bac2therac , speaking of bracket matrix, are you submitting your bracket to them again this year? If so do you only submit your final one?

Conference record is meaningless.

Penn State has better wins and no bad loss

Seton Hall beat uconn and fading Ru and a win over last 6 in Memphis

Just told you that 7 through last 9 very tight...pc has just 3 wins vs the field and not impressed by all those Q4 wins

Conference record is meaningless.

Penn State has better wins and no bad loss

Seton Hall beat uconn and fading Ru and a win over last 6 in Memphis

Just told you that 7 through last 9 very tight...pc has just 3 wins vs the field and not impressed by all those Q4 wins
They played a lousy non conference no question. You lose all five starters from previous year you have to schedule soft. But beat everyone they had too. What was Rutgers excuse for a soft non conference ?

They played a lousy non conference no question. You lose all five starters from previous year you have to schedule soft. But beat everyone they had too. What was Rutgers excuse for a soft non conference ?
Are you arguing that reasons for scheduling soft should factor into seeding? Not following your point.

Reactions: Erial_Lion
Are you arguing that reasons for scheduling soft should factor into seeding? Not following your point.
No he mentioned he was not impressed with quad 4 wins. I was just explaining reason why. Have not seen anywhere else they are as low as a nine.

New Mexico easily handled San Jose State to break their losing streak. If they can win one of their next two (at Boise State, vs San Diego State) then they're in good position and would just need to avoid a bad loss.

New Mexico easily handled San Jose State to break their losing streak. If they can win one of their next two (at Boise State, vs San Diego State) then they're in good position and would just need to avoid a bad loss.

I disagree here. 3 Q3 losses and a Q4 loss. Thats alot to overcome. Other schools like UNC and Clemson and the SEC schools have more opportunities going forward to gain quality wins

To me the Lobos need a sweep here or a split and trip to MWC finals

I disagree here. 3 Q3 losses and a Q4 loss. Thats alot to overcome. Other schools like UNC and Clemson and the SEC schools have more opportunities going forward to gain quality wins

To me the Lobos need a sweep here or a split and trip to MWC finals
I’d like their chances if they run the table in the regular season, knock off Utah St in the quarters, then lose to San Diego St in the semis. But, that’s a lot of coin flips for them to win over the next few weeks (even their trip to Colorado St could easily be a loss).

Rutgers breaks 3 game skid and now at least stabilizes their position along the 8 line, some have worse, could sneak to 7 depending on results this weekend. Dont forget RU got a borderline Q1 road win vs a projected (barely) tourney team..its considered a quality win.

Indiana beats Illinois,keeping the Hoosiers on the 4 line and they got the 4 line in the ncaa reveal as well

illinois a 7 could fall back to 8, check back tomorrow when I compare them to RU resume'

Virginia barely scraped by Notre Dame by just 2, not sure what is going on with them lately

UConn knocking off SHU. UConn didnt get the 3 or 4 that some predicted. They are rightfully a 5. SHU is pretty much toast right now.

Texas Tech officially bac in it after beating WVU. Going to be interesting to watch. WVU meanwhile starting to look shaky

Kentucky up big over Tennessee, a win here would complete the sweep and put them in an excellent position for a bid

Rutgers breaks 3 game skid and now at least stabilizes their position along the 8 line, some have worse, could sneak to 7 depending on results this weekend. Dont forget RU got a borderline Q1 road win vs a projected (barely) tourney team..its considered a quality win.

Indiana beats Illinois,keeping the Hoosiers on the 4 line and they got the 4 line in the ncaa reveal as well

illinois a 7 could fall back to 8, check back tomorrow when I compare them to RU resume'

Virginia barely scraped by Notre Dame by just 2, not sure what is going on with them lately

UConn knocking off SHU. UConn didnt get the 3 or 4 that some predicted. They are rightfully a 5. SHU is pretty much toast right now.

Texas Tech officially bac in it after beating WVU. Going to be interesting to watch. WVU meanwhile starting to look shaky

Kentucky up big over Tennessee, a win here would complete the sweep and put them in an excellent position for a bid
Does RU just need two more wins to solidify spot in dance?

Wisconsin has a lot of work to do in order to make the tourney. Currently 7-9 in the BigTen but they do have a nice road win at Marquette and neutral court wins over bubbly teams, USC and Dayton.

We’re really on an 8? We have road wins at Purdue and NW and Wisconsin. Other wins against msu. Maryland. Indiana. Penn state.

Wisconsin has a lot of work to do in order to make the tourney. Currently 7-9 in the BigTen but they do have a nice road win at Marquette and neutral court wins over bubbly teams, USC and Dayton.

they also won at Iowa and beat Maryland at home. 10 in the country in sos and no bad losses

Minny and only one of those will lock us in
Was about to post this. Will be very curious about your take on Wiscy vs. PSU (assuming PSU takes care of business tonight).

I still like Wiscy’s resume better, but the Nits net could be 20 spots higher…likely due to Wiscy winning close a lot.

How far can we move up? We can realistically win 3 of 4 and lock up a top 4 finish. I guess we are a 6ish then depending on tournament?

RU would need to win out regular season and get at least one Big 10 tourney win to claw its way back to a 5 seed but RU still has potential to finish over Iowa and Northwestern in the seed line for NCAA tourney

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
Was about to post this. Will be very curious about your take on Wiscy vs. PSU (assuming PSU takes care of business tonight).

I still like Wiscy’s resume better, but the Nits net could be 20 spots higher…likely due to Wiscy winning close a lot.
Wisconsin has better wins but down the stretch will be important. PSU cannot lose at Minny tonight

Wiscy already owns a regular season series sweep vs. PSU.

Kentucky knocks off Tennessee to complete the sweep. Not a totally lock but significantly improved their resume and are in great shape from here

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT