ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY: 2/13 NCAA TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS

Right, theyre 76 now. So root for wiscy, they get to 75 then we add a q1 road win to the resume
Iowa Michigan Purdue Minnesota is their remaining schedule. It's possible, but I doubt this game ends up Q1. I don't think Wisconsin makes the tournament so it won't be a win against either field either

Iowa Michigan Purdue Minnesota is their remaining schedule. It's possible, but I doubt this game ends up Q1. I don't think Wisconsin makes the tournament so it won't be a win against either field either
I hear ya, but ill be rooting for them for the sake of us adding a q1 road win + another tourney team win to the resume.

My fvcking sisters boyfriend is proposing saturday 3/18. I told him hes dead to me for of all weekends choosing march madness opening weekend. Ill still go to the game tho but im only gonna be able to attend game 1

I hear ya, but ill be rooting for them for the sake of us adding a q1 road win + another tourney team win to the resume.

My fvcking sisters boyfriend is proposing saturday 3/18. I told him hes dead to me for of all weekends choosing march madness opening weekend. Ill still go to the game tho but im only gonna be able to attend game 1
How selfish of him 🤣

It's a proposal to your sister. Why would you need to be around? It's not the engagement party or wedding!

It's a proposal to your sister. Why would you need to be around? It's not the engagement party or wedding!
He wants to have whole family for dinner after. And my mom is giving me shit for saying im gonna be wherever Rutgers is playing. I have an italian mother so to avoid having her hold this against me for the rest of my life im gonna go to the dinner after he proposes

He wants to have whole family for dinner after. And my mom is giving me shit for saying im gonna be wherever Rutgers is playing. I have an italian mother so to avoid having her hold this against me for the rest of my life im gonna go to the dinner after he proposes
are they at least going to have the game on there? sounds like a good compromise

its not your wedding proposal...thats simply ridiculous, man up here and dont be hen pecked

Oregon will finish the regular season 8-12 in Q1/Q2 and they have a Q3 loss. That's a really rough profile.

they are complete trash..not even on my bubble anymore and way behind other bulky loss schools like Michigan, Penn State, Texas Tech, and Vanderbilt

Palm is trash, just look at the bracket matrix rankings.

But that aside, I find it weird how CBS can't find anyone better. Just looked at his Twitter and last activity were a couple of retweets 3-4 days ago.

Compare that to Lunardi at ESPN who is updating his seed list on Twitter daily, providing insights into games to watch etc.

CBS should replace him with bac

UNLV-Boise in a tight one with about 10 minutes to go.

UNLV is 5-9 in conference and Pitt is 12-4…yeah the Mountain West is better than the ACC.

Reactions: shields
Palm is trash, just look at the bracket matrix rankings.

But that aside, I find it weird how CBS can't find anyone better. Just looked at his Twitter and last activity were a couple of retweets 3-4 days ago.

Compare that to Lunardi at ESPN who is updating his seed list on Twitter daily, providing insights into games to watch etc.

CBS should replace him with bac
im definitely more photongenic

Boise hangs on to win by 4. Not sure the teams in bac’s field from Friday will change at all

Rooting guide for today...

Minnesota (@ Illinois) .... not only for B1G standings, but NCAA seeding as well. Illinois are currently projected as a 6/7 seed. Gophers have Garcia back, you never know!

Louisville (@ Duke) ... NCAA seedings, Duke currently projected 7/8 seed. Cards have been playing better as of late

West Virginia (vs Okie State) ... OSU currently projected 8/9 seed

Yea they are 4-10 in conference.
I know the "Big 12" is the highest rated conference, but I can't see a team that is 16-15/5-13 in conference, if they finish 1-3 as expected (with 3 top 20 teams left, 2 of them away) making it and even 17-14/6-12 seems like a stretch to me if they go 2-2, althought both GA and Nova made it with 16-14 records years ago, so I guess it's possible.

As an aside, was just looking at conference rankings and the disparity between the RPI and Sagarin, for example, is large. The Big 12 is first in both, but after that they diverge significantly, as per the top 10 in each conference. So I certainly get WV being considered despite the crappy conference record, given how good the teams above it are and the good OOC record.

RPI: Big 12, SEC, B1G, Mountain West, BE, ACC, Pac-12, WCC, CUSA, AAC
Sagarin: Big 12, B1G, BE, SEC, Pac-12, ACC, AAC, MW, WCC, CUSA

Reactions: shields
16-15 isn't getting in especially because there will be a 16th loss in the conference tournament. Maybe if they get to the championship and lose they'd have a shot.

But yes WVU finishes at Kansas, at Iowa State, vs Kansas State. Don't want to be a position of needing to win 2 of 3.

the seeding from last 6 seed to first 9 for me is excruciatingly tight....about 10 spots that you could shake in a bag and pick out one by one. Rutgers is in that group somewhere..for now. A win vs Michigan solidifies their position in this grouping. Another win at Penn State could put them now worse than 7 heading to Minnesota. A split probably has them straddling 8/9 A loss to Michigan puts them toward the 10 line territory and another loss would suck them down to the bubble area on the the 11 line. But remember nothing occurs in a vacuum. All these schools are also going to suffer upsets and annex big wins. 5 from the Big 10 alone

Illinois
Rutgers
Maryland
Michigan State
Iowa
Providence
North Carolina State
Duke
Missouri
Texas A&M

and some can argue Arkansas and Kentucky in this grouping too

the seeding from last 6 seed to first 9 for me is excruciatingly tight....about 10 spots that you could shake in a bag and pick out one by one. Rutgers is in that group somewhere..for now. A win vs Michigan solidifies their position in this grouping. Another win at Penn State could put them now worse than 7 heading to Minnesota. A split probably has them straddling 8/9 A loss to Michigan puts them toward the 10 line territory and another loss would suck them down to the bubble area on the the 11 line. But remember nothing occurs in a vacuum. All these schools are also going to suffer upsets and annex big wins. 5 from the Big 10 alone

Illinois
Rutgers
Maryland
Michigan State
Iowa
Providence
North Carolina State
Duke
Missouri
Texas A&M

So in a vacuum. You think if we lose our next two we are “on the bubble” ? And if so, which side of the bubble?

Illinois
Rutgers
Maryland
Michigan State
Iowa
Providence
North Carolina State
Duke
Missouri
Texas A&M

You're not alone on that

We want Perdue to remain in first place as a win vs. the top team is near the top in the tie breakers

We want Perdue to remain in first place as a win vs. the top team is near the top in the tie breakers
They have 3 left and the 2 harder ones are at home , Indiana and Illinois and Wisconsin is on the road. Cannot imagine they drop all 3 and likely get 2 of them. If they wind up with 5 or 6 losses they will almost undoubtedly still be in first place

I know the "Big 12" is the highest rated conference, but I can't see a team that is 16-15/5-13 in conference, if they finish 1-3 as expected (with 3 top 20 teams left, 2 of them away) making it and even 17-14/6-12 seems like a stretch to me if they go 2-2, althought both GA and Nova made it with 16-14 records years ago, so I guess it's possible.

As an aside, was just looking at conference rankings and the disparity between the RPI and Sagarin, for example, is large. The Big 12 is first in both, but after that they diverge significantly, as per the top 10 in each conference. So I certainly get WV being considered despite the crappy conference record, given how good the teams above it are and the good OOC record.

RPI: Big 12, SEC, B1G, Mountain West, BE, ACC, Pac-12, WCC, CUSA, AAC
Sagarin: Big 12, B1G, BE, SEC, Pac-12, ACC, AAC, MW, WCC, CUSA
That’s my wonder as well. They say conference record doesn’t matter, but I believe it does no matter what they claim.

Might sound crazy but with such a tight grouping I would rather have an 11 seed b4 an 8 9 or 10 . That way you could possibly win two games b4 seeing the 1 or 2 seed.

The 11 seed for P6 schools has had to play in Dayton last two years. ND-Rutgers was a play in for the 11 seed last season for example. Want to avoid being an 11 seed (imo)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT