ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana Fans a Bit Salty and Delusional About Dylan Committing to Rutgers (link included)

RutgersRaRa

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2011
Other than one poster I'm not sure how they're this delusional since we've owned them for so long, and especially given that Dylan's brother Ronnie recently owned both Indiana and Purdue for four years. I don't troll other fanbases, but I like to gauge the temps. It's a bit hot with a taste of salt in the air. LINK TO THEIR THREAD

Reactions: LukeRU90
Other than one poster I'm not sure how they're this delusional since we've owned them for so long, and especially given that Dylan's brother Ronnie recently owned both Indiana and Purdue for four years. I don't troll other fanbases, but I like to gauge the temps. It's a bit hot with a taste of salt in the air. LINK TO THEIR THREAD
Can’t see it, banned 🤷🏻‍♂️

Indiana? They really need to get out of those cornfields and look around . When we first entered the B1G maybe but after the past 5-6 years …they ain’t that much ahead in most sports.

Waiting to be banned
Same. Couldn’t resist.
High Five Sacha Baron Cohen GIF by filmeditor

I was nothing but complimentary about Indy hoops (sarcasm) but based on what others have said I am sure I will be banned anyway. Not that I will ever go back on the site to find out.

I think they would’ve moved on after Dylan trolled them. I was probably most concerned about Duke and Kansas’ late entry, but after listening to Richie on the podcasts it wasn’t a major concern.

You would think if there was one fanbase that took Rutgers seriously in the entire B1G it would be Indiana after the utter domination we have had over them
It’s a dynamic unlike any other fan base in the Big Ten - football or basketball - and it’s frankly sad. People in Indiana (including Purdue fans) are so painfully unaware of how inaccurate their self-perception instate is. They live in a bubble but scream at their neighbors to accept their delusional world view as fact, lol.

Do you think ANYONE in Illinois thinks of Indiana high school basketball as ultra special? No. We have our own better tradition, including being the homeland of the term “March Madness” for our state tournament.

Think anyone in Michigan thinks of IU as a Blue Blood to be revered? No. Both of their programs have been miles better than IU for three decades … that’s like twice the life span of younger recruits, lmao.

Think anyone in Wisconsin thinks Bloomington, IN is anything other than a random college town while they have Madison? Think anyone in Ohio sees Indy as anything other than another Cincinnati? I could go on.

They all just babble to each other in the state so many times that they all start to eventually believe the sad lie that they’re special. Every state should have pride, but Indiana is easily the one with the least self awareness.

It's been a while since I've watched that series. Might have to fix that soon.

When the first movie came out, I was avoiding watching it, thinking it looked really dumb. But was out with a group of friends, one of whom described the bathroom scene with Tom Arnold (who does #2 work for). It sounded so hilarious, I gave it a watch. Glad I did, really fun movies.

This is super low res, but gets the point across...

• Haha
Reactions: RutgersRaRa
I had to leave my thoughts there. Waiting for the ban.

“Maybe if the Hoosiers didnt lose to Rutgers basketball so many times, like 9 of the last 10 games or something, and Ron Harper Jr didnt drag his balls across the face of Indiana at Assembly Hall when he shot the hoosiers straight out of Senior day, Dylan would have seriously considered bloomington”

I had to leave my thoughts there. Waiting for the ban.

“Maybe if the Hoosiers didnt lose to Rutgers basketball so many times, like 9 of the last 10 games or something, and Ron Harper Jr didnt drag his balls across the face of Indiana at Assembly Hall when he shot the hoosiers straight out of Senior day, Dylan would have seriously considered bloomington”
"Drag his balls across the face of Indiana?" Really?

And you think you might get banned? 😂

It’s a dynamic unlike any other fan base in the Big Ten - football or basketball - and it’s frankly sad. People in Indiana (including Purdue fans) are so painfully unaware of how inaccurate their self-perception instate is. They live in a bubble but scream at their neighbors to accept their delusional world view as fact, lol.

Do you think ANYONE in Illinois thinks of Indiana high school basketball as ultra special? No. We have our own better tradition, including being the homeland of the term “March Madness” for our state tournament.

Think anyone in Michigan thinks of IU as a Blue Blood to be revered? No. Both of their programs have been miles better than IU for three decades … that’s like twice the life span of younger recruits, lmao.

Think anyone in Wisconsin thinks Bloomington, IN is anything other than a random college town while they have Madison? Think anyone in Ohio sees Indy as anything other than another Cincinnati? I could go on.

They all just babble to each other in the state so many times that they all start to eventually believe the sad lie that they’re special. Every state should have pride, but Indiana is easily the one with the least self awareness.
Very well stated

Let them crow. Last ten years 4 ncaas. No more than 2 rounds of wins. Great talent who continually under delivers.

I think they should worry more about this year since they ate a 28 pt loss to Auburn today 104-76. That won't help their NET.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT