ADVERTISEMENT

Is Jai Patel the best kicker to ever play at RU?

I was worried last week with the miss when the announcers said his career long in high school was only 38. He was great today though. Not worried at all anymore.

Reactions: MoreCowbellRU
South Brunswick kid gettin it done, he will hold records here by the time he’s done

Reactions: thegock
You didn't watch the game? Penalty on L'Ville and that early jump is most likely why he didnt get it clean. But nice try.
But, very happy with entire group of kickers so far, punter is Korsak lite, KO's all through the endzone and of course Patel.
Of course I know there was an offside. If you say that caused him to hook it , so be it.. I’m not convinced. But hey, it’s done. We won.

I will say, Patel looks solid. His kicking motion has little to no wiggle — like his leg is a mechanical lever. Has to be a good thing for consistently solid kicks.

We are very good at all 3 kicking levels. Long field goals, touchbacks on every kickoff means not getting burned on returns and a good punter.

Reactions: RUonBrain
For serious, I think it was Federico. What I want in a college kicker is one who's money from sub 40, and at least have a chance after that. Had the misfortune to be here as things were going downhill.

So far, pretty impressive start from Patel though. That miss last week was on the wide hashmark.

Reactions: Plum Street
Massive first assist to the place holder. Our snapper has been, well let's say not all that solid. I'm missing Taylor so far this year.

I was worried last week with the miss when the announcers said his career long in high school was only 38. He was great today though. Not worried at all anymore.
I heard them say that last week also but in today's APP on Jai it states "His strong right leg is a good advertisement. At South Brunswick High, Patel set a school record with 22 field goals, made all 78 of his extra points and earned all-state honors. He connected on field goals of 40-plus yards as a sophomore, junior and senior, with a long of 44."

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Some people do not understand football and go by what they read somewhere..,
There were even multiple articles of Harris saying he was coached to snap the ball as soon as he sees someone step into the neutral zone to get the penalty.

We have outstanding diversity. Arguably three of the best - and maybe the best when all is said and done - are all of Asian heritage. The Judge, Iced Te, and Patel (needs a Chris Bergman-esque nickname).

Hell no - made a fortune long snapping and now the next RU NFL long snapper - DePaola just got the biggest long snapping contract ever from the Vikings
Wait, I’m seeing a 1.9MM 2yr contract. Didn’t Harris make north of 1MM per yr?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT