ADVERTISEMENT

Is this still a Football Forum ?

This forum has become a dumping ground for any issue on one's mind. Next season could be an exciting time for football fans that's being drowned out by miscellaneous current events totally unrelated to Rutgers football. What's up? Does anyone care?
You must be new around here. It’s offseason and the board has always been filled with random topics during that time

I'm not new to the Forum ( I've been a member since 2002) But i can't recall anything as bad as this. Last I looked spring practice has started so you would think posters would become active again.
I'm not giving you a hard time, but how often do you post in the threads that Richie or one of the other writers post, or the coach pressers. It is usually crickets in those threads. Tango posts a lot of articles that get no response at all.

Then you should join the premium board (round table) and pay a few $ if that is what you are looking for.
I long ago joined the premium board but on occasion check out the Football Forum. It so happens I frequently comment in the Premium Board, the Current Events Forum and in the Basketball Forum

Reactions: RUGenius
This forum has become a dumping ground for any issue on one's mind. Next season could be an exciting time for football fans that's being drowned out by miscellaneous current events totally unrelated to Rutgers football. What's up? Does anyone care?
Don’t forget the RIP for (some character actor from the 80’s or random band member from a 70’s rock band) posts

I think it seems that coach runs such a tight ship, news-wise, that there is little information coming from inside the program that prompts a lot of discussion by fans. Go RU!

Reactions: Antm314
This is pretty normal for April, but I think NIL and traditional recruiting becoming less important has increased OT threads.

Tim Burton Film GIF by Tech Noir

I'm not new to the Forum ( I've been a member since 2002) But i can't recall anything as bad as this. Last I looked spring practice has started so you would think posters would become active again.

I used to go to Army spring games where the two squads looked like Ohio St vs Michigan - then Army would go 2-10.

So I never pay much attention to spring practices unless there is a new coach or something

Rivals has many forums where they only talk football - or did five years ago when the forum died (according to zombie posts).

Many football posts turn uglier than the political posts - specifying players by name to boot. A few more winning seasons should help that. Alas the world is headed for a bad place and that leaks in.

Reactions: RUaMoose
I used to go to Army spring games where the two squads looked like Ohio St vs Michigan - then Army would go 2-10.

So I never pay much attention to spring practices unless there is a new coach or something

Rivals has many forums where they only talk football - or did five years ago when the forum died (according to zombie posts).

Many football posts turn uglier than the political posts - specifying players by name to boot. A few more winning seasons should help that. Alas the world is headed for a bad place and that leaks in.
I don’t know how you walk outside in the morning with all of the impending doom afoot

Reactions: NotInRHouse
I don’t know how you walk outside in the morning with all of the impending doom afoot

I'm not a reactor and emotional thinker.
Its a moral imperative to know where the lies and truths are.
I would have seen exactly what was going on in Nazi Germany and got out.
Reactors feel pain when they get upset with things so they rationalize and self-anesthetize to avoid pain.
Never see being angry as normal and never see being happy as a goal.
The trick is to be content and centered - not too high or too low.
The wellspring of eternity is in the present - past and future dont actually exist.
Seeing problems is the spirit of wisdom's way of keeping you safe - if you don't get upset over what's seen.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUaMoose
I'm not a reactor and emotional thinker.
Its a moral imperative to know where the lies and truths are.
I would have seen exactly what was going on in Nazi Germany and got out.
Reactors feel pain when they get upset with things so they rationalize and self-anesthetize to avoid pain.
Never see being angry as normal and never see being happy as a goal.
The trick is to be content and centered - not too high or too low.
The wellspring of eternity is in the present - past and future dont actually exist.
Seeing problems is the spirit of wisdom's way of keeping you safe - if you don't get upset over what's seen.
Narcissism, got it

I miss the good ole days when our football board drew fans from other schools and discussions were related to Rutgers and football. Here's the thing, I'm not sure that the old free board was a viable business model. Not moderating this board very much nudges folks to premium. Richie does a great job of balancing sports coverage and building a community. While I miss the old board, I've made the switch to premium, and I appreciate the work that the staff does. FWIW, the basketball and wrestling forums are still decent.

So what football related topic should we talk about?
Even with the restrictions Greg has on media access to spring practice there are a a handful of articles put out by the APP, the SL and others outlets every day.

You'd be right to ask why I don't start threads here and link to articles. The answer is that I tried that a bunch of times in the past and they'd quickly sink to the bottom of the page. It's more interesting sharing those articles with friends in group texts, or participating in discussions on other social media sites.

This site is what Richie and the mods want it to be.

(edited to remove my last sentence. It no longer applies now that they've cleaned the thread up)

Last edited:
Off season.

Spring isn’t that big with the clamps put down by the man in charge.
This. You don't get nearly as much news and observations about players from the beat writers that you did in the past. The flow of info is controlled much more, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case with many programs. Anyway, it always self corrects as the season draws near. I love most OTs because the topics and the posters' perspectives shared in the threads are what make this forum unique.

There always been a lot of OT threads but lately there’s been many more

It’s three fold
1. Team has been medicore
2. GS runs a tight ship in regard to availability and information
3. Anytime one of the guys gets heat, the poster giving their opinion gets slammed

I partake in both football and non football related threads - although admitelly I wish there was more football centric topics on here

Reactions: RUTGERS95
There always been a lot of OT threads but lately there’s been many more

It’s three fold
1. Team has been medicore
2. GS runs a tight ship in regard to availability and information
3. Anytime one of the guys gets heat, the poster giving their opinion gets slammed

I partake in both football and non football related threads - although admitelly I wish there was more football centric topics on here
well don't forget, this is a board that was hyperventilating over a 4.7 earthquake. Kind speaks volumes

that said, too many OT imho. The main board is more fun right now

Even with the restrictions Greg has on media access to spring practice there are a a handful of articles put out by the APP, the SL and others outlets every day.

You'd be right to ask why I don't start threads here and link to articles. The answer is that I tried that a bunch of times in the past and they'd quickly sink to the bottom of the page. It's more interesting sharing those articles with friends in group texts, or participating in discussions on other social media sites.

This site is what Richie and the mods want it to be. This thread is a perfect example of what they've allowed it to become.
It’s become what we want it to become.

As for the articles, there is no there there. When there is real info, we discuss like we always have and always will.

It’s become what we want it to become.

As for the articles, there is no there there. When there is real info, we discuss like we always have and always will.
stop being reasonable, it's a bitchfest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Reactions: RUGenius
I've said many times here, the title technically says Rutgers Football but in reality it is a Rutgers fans and friends community board which personally I think its more valuable and fun. I pretty much post CFB news but topics which I have interest in I participate in or read and topics I don't, I ignore them. If you want strict Rutgers football conversation, premium is the place to be. The other sports boards generally stay on topic but since this is the most popular board it's sort of become a community board too.

I've said many times here, the title technically says Rutgers Football but in reality it is a Rutgers fans and friends community board which personally I think its more valuable and fun. I pretty much post CFB news but topics which I have interest in I participate in or read and topics I don't, I ignore them. If you want strict Rutgers football conversation, premium is the place to be. The other sports boards generally stay on topic but since this is the most popular board it's sort of become a community board too.
True about the other Boards staying on topic.

But even on the Round Table there isn’t as much as you would think pertaining to Football. Especially considering it’s Spring Practice.

This site is what Richie and the mods want it to be. This thread is a perfect example of what they've allowed it to become.

I can barely even read those articles anymore, its the same lazy reporting with absolutely nothing new to tell us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT