ADVERTISEMENT

I've Never Done This Before : How Do You Put Someone on Ignore?

colbert17

Heisman Winner
Aug 30, 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
Game week and I've had enough of the reptitious garbage that some people post. I want to talk about the NW game and I don't need to hear about the New Hampshire game 19 years ago, the Tulane game 13 years ago or for that matter the Louisville game 17 years ago. Nor do I need to read about Greg's contract, how the lack of a fieldhouse hurts recruiting or how we can't compete because our donors are cheap.
The "wash,rinse, repeat" posts are just so tiresome and it's become the new CE board where it's two sides constantly butting heads knowing that you'll never change the others mind.
So for a few days I'd like to block some people out. How is this done?

Uh Huh Yes GIF

Game week and I've had enough of the reptitious garbage that some people post. I want to talk about the NW game and I don't need to hear about the New Hampshire game 19 years ago, the Tulane game 13 years ago or for that matter the Louisville game 17 years ago. Nor do I need to read about Greg's contract, how the lack of a fieldhouse hurts recruiting or how we can't compete because our donors are cheap.
The "wash,rinse, repeat" posts are just so tiresome and it's become the new CE board where it's two sides constantly butting heads knowing that you'll never change the others mind.
If you’re looking to talk about RU football, you might as well put this whole “OT” board on ignore.

GO RU

Last edited:
I never used ignore but awhile Back Richard said something about a forum update that would increase alerts unless the notification selection was unchecked. I unchecked it and now never seen reply alerts. I can see a reply if I look but no notification. So it makes it east to make reply and forget about it. Its not a bad thing lol

I am surprised you only have 3 answers so far! 😂

Just kidding

• Love
Reactions: MADHAT1
I use ignore a ton. Makes this place way more enjoyable. Funny thing is, you still see when someone replies to someone you have on ignore, and the reply is usually “you have no brain”, “why are you so negative”, “here’s the board resident bafoon” etc …. Just block those guys instead of replying that lol

I use ignore a ton. Makes this place way more enjoyable. Funny thing is, you still see when someone replies to someone you have on ignore, and the reply is usually “you have no brain”, “why are you so negative”, “here’s the board resident bafoon” etc …. Just block those guys instead of replying that lol

You can’t selectively block though, correct? If you wanted to block out a specific poster’s comments on one discussion in the football forum, by default, you’d also block everything else that poster submits on the basketball forum and other football discussions?

You can’t selectively block though, correct? If you wanted to block out a specific poster’s comments on one discussion in the football forum, by default, you’d also block everything else that poster submits on the basketball forum and other football discussions?
Correct. But I find few posters who are negative in one area that are positive in others. Not going to mention the name, but there is one poster on the hoops board who loathes Pikiell, and seems more reasonable on this board, but decided to block him bc his anti Pikiell rants are plain stupid. I enjoy a good debate and discussion, but when someone is nothing but hate and negativity on a topic or multiple topics, they become a distraction and a drag from otherwise reasonable and productive dialogue.

Correct. But I find few posters who are negative in one area that are positive in others. Not going to mention the name, but there is one poster on the hoops board who loathes Pikiell, and seems more reasonable on this board, but decided to block him bc his anti Pikiell rants are plain stupid. I enjoy a good debate and discussion, but when someone is nothing but hate and negativity on a topic or multiple topics, they become a distraction and a drag from otherwise reasonable and productive dialogue.

Right now there’s not much going on with basketball so not the best example. I guess that was the OP’s point. He wouldn’t be missing much by blocking someone out now for a couple days.

But there’s a difference between not agreeing with a poster’s views and concluding they are anti-Rutgers / broadly negative. Several posters last season were anti Caleb for example. Most of them were actually pro Hyatt (advocating for a line up swap for Hyatt to replace Caleb). I didn’t agree with their perspective at all but that doesn’t make those posters negative on RU basketball overall.

A good start:
1. Rhymes with Welby
2. Opposite of nomaam
3. Grampa name caller

Got 'em.

I still remember my first Ignore. From the Buckeye State...

Precious silence.

Oh and there's some clown that used to call my wife and I jock sniffers every post lol. Probably still does but I don't see it.

Funny thing I sometimes take a person or two off the list as a sort of probation to see if they changed or I misjudged them. They always go back on after a week or so.

Last edited:

Small price to pay. ; )

Oh and there's some clown that used to call my wife and I jock sniffers every post lol. Probably still does but I don't see it.

Haven't seen that in a long time, that poster is probably gone. Voluntarily or involuntarily.

Haven't seen that in a long time, that poster is probably gone. Voluntarily or involuntarily.
There was a Howard Stern related forum that I used to visit long ago, but left because it turned into a weird cult of nastiness about everything, but they had a list of posters under a thread called: Shot Dead. That was cool.

Reactions: RUScrew85
Ignore is awesome. My favorite game that then opens up is seeing the replies of rational people to those in your ignore list, predicting what specific nonsense they parroted to earn that response, and then clicking the “see” link to see just how right I was. 👍🏼💪🏼

I don't have anyone on ignore.
I just scroll past.

I've never gotten into a personal tiff with someone though and name called.
That just seems weird.

Can you check if you are being ignored?
Id be interested if anyone had me ignored.

Definitely a few people i dont typically agree with, but I don't ignore anyone. I am ok with the variety of viewpoints.

You need to name names! Hello, did you get this post? :)

I have 4 people on ignore, but I think 2 are gone from the boards.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT