ADVERTISEMENT

I've Never Done This Before : How Do You Put Someone on Ignore?

I wish there was a feature that allowed you to ignore a whole thread. There is one on the basketball forum right now that is just a bunch of dudes bickering and it is always on top of the feed.

I wish there was a feature that allowed you to ignore a whole thread. There is one on the basketball forum right now that is just a bunch of dudes bickering and it is always on top of the feed.

You can unfollow so you don't get alerts of new messages and then just don't click on it.

I fear you're gonna have to rely on good ol' fortitude to ignore just a thread.

Reactions: DC8690
You may be right behind @RU4Real . Not sure how early we plan to roll in.
Ahh I recall those days. I'd load up and park in Yellow (yes, with a proper pass once they had passes) next to that triangle across from the practice fields pretty early.. then walk home and come back at a more godly hour when the rest of my crew had arrived to set up inside that triangle. Then came the day when we were told that area was reserved for some official Rutgers function. Have no idea if that area is open for use now.

Definitely a few people i dont typically agree with, but I don't ignore anyone. I am ok with the variety of viewpoints.
Variety of viewpoints is fine and I like to hear them. I put people on ignore when I get to a point I have no interest in hearing what they have to say (often I already know what they are going to post when I see their name), excessive negativity, people who are always back and forth who's johnson is bigger, etc. I get I can just stroll past but I tend to read them anyway if I don't put them on ignore. Makes it more enjoyable and I haven't found I missed any profound posts. For example I'm always reading the Mets thread. There are several yankee fans who continually post the same negative stuff several times each day. They are on ignore.

Last edited:
Mods should shut something like that down so there are no more replies.

LOL. Welcome aboard! Click the user's name small popup will have Ignore button. Click that.

If you want I can send you a list of folks I recommend ignoring. LOLOL
I would like to see that out of curiosity, LOL

This is just a test to see if I am on that list, and thus, you will not see this. I think I outsmarted myself...

Reactions: RU205
Got 'em.

I still remember my first Ignore. From the Buckeye State...

Precious silence.

Oh and there's some clown that used to call my wife and I jock sniffers lol. Probably still does but I don't see it.

Funny thing I sometimes take a person or two off the list as a sort of probation to see if they changed or I misjudged them. They always go back on after a week

My list sadly keeps growing

It’s a list of Seriously Deranged Losers. Lol

I’ll bet they still reply to my posts even though I ignore them. They seek my approval and attention.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knightmoves
FOCUS! It's game week, people!

I forget, was it this one?

52wx16g.jpg

Or this one?

n96njca.gif

Have never used the ignore feature...
I never did intentionally. Back in the day, I accidentally hit the button once or twice when on my iPad. There was no confirmation, so it just added people and I didn’t know I did it.

Eventually figured it out and un-ignored them. Nothing anybody ever says bothers me enough to ignore them. Not for lack of some people trying. 🤣

Conversely, some folks lkke to dish out aggressively stated opinions and then, when it’s reflected back at them, melt down like snowflakes in a pizza oven. Given my enjoyment of pushing such folk‘s buttons, I figure I’m on plenty of ignore lists.

I never did intentionally. Back in the day, I accidentally hit the button once or twice when on my iPad. There was no confirmation, so it just added people and I didn’t know I did it.

Eventually figured it out and un-ignored them. Nothing anybody ever says bothers me enough to ignore them. Not for lack of some people trying. 🤣

Conversely, some folks lkke to dish out aggressively stated opinions and then, when it’s reflected back at them, melt down like snowflakes in a pizza oven. Given my enjoyment of pushing such folk‘s buttons, I figure I’m on plenty of ignore lists.

No one on my ignore list and don't care if anyone has me on theirs. If the board gets to the point that I have to filter out content in order retreat to some type of "safe space" then I would probably just take a break or go somewhere else.

Will not be right behind 4Real/Bleem.

He's kidding, or course. There isn't a single aspect of life, material or existential, in which he's ahead of me.

Unless by "not be right behind" he means "very far behind". That tracks.

Game week and I've had enough of the reptitious garbage that some people post. I want to talk about the NW game and I don't need to hear about the New Hampshire game 19 years ago, the Tulane game 13 years ago or for that matter the Louisville game 17 years ago. Nor do I need to read about Greg's contract, how the lack of a fieldhouse hurts recruiting or how we can't compete because our donors are cheap.
The "wash,rinse, repeat" posts are just so tiresome and it's become the new CE board where it's two sides constantly butting heads knowing that you'll never change the others mind.
So for a few days I'd like to block some people out. How is this done?
Fail

No. He makes me laugh.
That’s the thing. This place can be endlessly entertaining. And a lot of the entertainment comes from the most abrasive or numbskullish posters. They don’t intend to be so entertaining, but they are.

I come here for the laughs, mostly. Using ignore would cut out a lot of the inadvertent humor.

Can’t argue, though, with people wanting to cut down on some of the incessant negativity. It can become old quick. I don’t understand people’s need to rain on other people’s parades - this IS an RU sports forum and people kinda want to feel as good as possible about the teams. So why interfere with that?

I just read past most of those misery-sharing negative Nancy posts. But I do understand why people put the worst offenders on ignore.

Can one of the admins post a list of the most banned posters? I'm sure there are a few more of you SOBs that I can banish!
all of us must "FOCUS" on who is banned so the mods post a list
remember "FOCUS" and you'll likely remember the name that probably is the leader of the most banned poster here and every other Rutgers board

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT