ADVERTISEMENT

Izzo on Rutgers, Pike, Paul and Caleb

Seriously, do we need Izzo’s blessing to be deemed the second best team in the conference? We are in second place and had the toughest conference schedule so far and beat the #1 team at their place, widely regarded as one of the toughest places to play in America. If he said we were NOT then that would be newsworthy. Thanks, Captain Obvious. It’s nice and all but we don’t need affirmation from Izzo. Hopefully Donny Marshall was listening.

Seriously, do we need Izzo’s blessing to be deemed the second best team in the conference? We are in second place and had the toughest conference schedule so far and beat the #1 team at their place, widely regarded as one of the toughest places to play in America. If he said we were NOT then that would be newsworthy. Thanks, Captain Obvious. It’s nice and all but we don’t need affirmation from Izzo. Hopefully Donny Marshall was listening.
Izzo saying Rutgers is the 2nd best team in the league triggers you?

Some fans really will find a way to be mad about anything

Nope but he is a hall of fame coach, and a good man. Learn to take compliments.

Saying he doesn’t want to see

McConnell or Paul again is a very nice compliment

Well said.

Yet one more example of why a simple “dislike” button is needed.

I believe Tom Izzo respects our Coach and Player’s team effort each and every game.

MSU beat us this year and we did not hang out head. Instead we fought back to win this second game at a neutral site.

His comments today were telling the media and NCAA committee to pay attention to what Rutgers is doing in the Big Ten.

Indiana is ranked ahead of us and did win a big game at home against Purdue.

Izzo is old school and what counts is your win/loss record at the end of Big Ten play.
He mentioned that our offense was not great today, but our defense carry this team to victory on our worst point scoring days.

I took his comments as being envious of our never say die squad!

Last edited:
Funny how posters bitch when they deem we don't get any credit and then bitch when a HOF coach gives us credit. Un freaking real how some on hear think

Great stuff, thanks. You don't have to love Izzo, but I think you have to respect the guy's HOF level body of work and appreciate the compliments he just gave to Pike and the team.
I'm neutral on Izzo, and I agree on his stature. Regardless, the quotes were all highly complimentary of our players and Pikiell, but some fans don't like receiving compliments.

Reactions: RU848789
I’ve always been a bit of an Izzo/MSU fan … as foils for the asshats a bit east of Lansing. But for today FTI, I’m enjoying the win with or without his compliments 😊. If he says nice things tomorrow I’ll pay more attention.

Did you stop reading after the first two quoted sentences? Spoiler alert: he had some positive things to say about Rutgers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT