ADVERTISEMENT

Izzo

Always respected Pike since he first started and we were bad. He’s all class. He works the refs but not in a whiney way like Fran. Teaches the fundamentals, shoots 100 FTs every practice. Probably paid some guys before NIL but not a sleezy bag man like Pitino and Calipari.

MSU has become a bit of a rivalry game in bball that no one talks about. A couple 30 point RU wins and the MSG win last year. MSU hasnt played in the RAC in what feels like 5 years lol

Reactions: RUDiddy777 and RW90
Izzo isn't a happy head coach.Any opponent with a pulse on offense would be leading at half time .Rutgers has played stellar defense except for rebounding.

Always respected Pike since he first started and we were bad. He’s all class. He works the refs but not in a whiney way like Fran. Teaches the fundamentals, shoots 100 FTs every practice. Probably paid some guys before NIL but not a sleezy bag man like Pitino and Calipari.

MSU has become a bit of a rivalry game in bball that no one talks about. A couple 30 point RU wins and the MSG win last year. MSU hasnt played in the RAC in what feels like 5 years lol
I love, love, love Izzo and have great respect for him. But for you to say he doesn't whine the way Fran does, is just laughable. As much as I love Izzo as a coach and teacher, when he's coaching out on the floor he's a whiney little bitch.

I love, love, love Izzo and have great respect for him. But for you to say he doesn't whine the way Fran does, is just laughable. As much as I love Izzo as a coach and teacher, when he's coaching out on the floor he's a whiney little bitch.
He’s definitely whiney
All the great ones are though
They know it helps them get calls
Can’t blame em

I've thought that Izzo was the best coach in college basketball for a while now.
Absolutely love when RU beats his team.

Reactions: RU MAN

He may not be as over the top as Fran with the refs, but he is still whiney in his own regard.

Reactions: RutgersChow
Eh idk about Izzo. He comes off as overly smug to me.

At the half, his comments were essentially mocking his own players despite being up 6 (and mocking us by extension). It's like, whatever his team doesn't do well has nothing to do with him.

Eh idk about Izzo. He comes off as overly smug to me.

At the half, his comments were essentially mocking his own players despite being up 6 (and mocking us by extension). It's like, whatever his team doesn't do well has nothing to do with him.
I looked at it it as he was being honest and not giving coach speak

We all know MSU is dirty, but he comes across as genuine to me

Reactions: RUDiddy777
Most of the great ones are
K was the worst - but smart enough to know it pays off
From John Wooden: "Never complain about the officiating. It does no good. During the game I don't want to be fighting two opponents". Rick Pitino said virtually the same thing two days ago.

• Sad
Reactions: cRURah
From John Wooden: "Never complain about the officiating. It does no good. During the game I don't want to be fighting two opponents". Rick Pitino said virtually the same thing two days ago.
Never saw wooden so I can’t comment on his style

Pitino defines whiney.
One of the GOATs, but I’m betting he argues with his alarm clock in the morning upon waking up

Never saw wooden so I can’t comment on his style

Pitino defines whiney.
One of the GOATs, but I’m betting he argues with his alarm clock in the morning upon waking up
He actually said he thinks arguing with the officials is a form of cheating 😄

I don’t care much about Wooden, Coach K, Pitino, Izzo, whether a coach should or shouldn’t do it, …….I care about Pike. I have watched games and screamed for him to take a technical foul. I wish he would work the refs more, take several technicals during the course of a season. That stuff can fire up a team, can fire up a home crowd even more, there is such a thing as a coach taking a technical foul and it being a good thing. Can be bad for a team too, so it has to be done at the right time, that’s the art of good coaching. Forget about technicals for a moment, I wish Pike worked the refs as much as he claps and gets into defensive stances on the sideline.

People in the RU athletic department and those that know Izzo sing his praises. Unlike some other team's coaches they like him.

Reactions: RUDiddy777
He is an a$$hole. He is a bully and should be an embarrassment to Michigan State.

What Mike Rice did was in private. He does it in front of millions in front of television cameras

A few years ago pushed a player. He constantly is yelling at players and sticking his finger in their face. Teaching kids that people in authority can behave like that is terrible.

A few years ago pushed a player. He constantly is yelling at players and sticking his finger in their face. Teaching kids that people in authority can behave like that is terrible.
I didn’t know he pushed a player
If true, that’s never acceptable

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT