ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Jaden Jones to the NBA Draft

I assume he's doing this to get feedback from NBA scouts and will return to college (either with us or not)

This is all hypothetical but if Jones somehow gets drafted that's gonna be a real weird situation.

Last edited:
People in this forum told me he was happy at Rutgers and wasn’t going to transfer. I guess technically they were right lol.

Reactions: gigantor1024
I assume he's doing this to get feedback from NBA scouts and will return to college (either with us or not)

This is all hypothetical but if Jones somehow gets drafted that's gonna be a real bad look for Pikiell.

In all seriousness though how much attention will he be getting from scouts? He isn’t CLOSE to a draft prospect at this point, don’t see how any reputable scouts are giving him the time of day. There isn’t even much in the way of film to work with

This is all hypothetical but if Jones somehow gets drafted that's gonna be a real bad look for Pikiell.

Your joking right? There’s zero chance he’s getting drafted. You know only 60 kids get drafted a year, right? He won’t be invited to the combine. It’s impossible for him to even make a case.

Your joking right? There’s zero chance he’s getting drafted. You know only 60 kids get drafted a year, right? He won’t be invited to the combine. It’s impossible for him to even make a case.
The NBA values length and youth and a bunch of other things Pikiell doesn't. Dalano Banton got drafted and he sucked at Nebraska (and would not have played under Pikiell, I'd bet)

Reactions: Gudenham
I'm guessing that this move may in some way explain why he never played
Maybe he reached out to an agent earlier and Pike didn't feel comfortable with that
There has to be a reason he rarely saw the floor at all from mid season on
Either it was a personal issue, an injury or something like this

The NBA values length and youth and a bunch of other things Pikiell doesn't. Dalano Banton got drafted and he sucked at Nebraska (and would not have played under Pikiell, I'd bet)
Banton averaged 10 ppg and over 27 mpg at Nebraska. He started 22 games for them.

Jaden averaged 10 minutes and only played more than 7 minutes against 2 major conference teams. He has no chance of getting invited to the combine based on that which means no chance of getting drafted. There’s not enough data out there on him. It’s not like he was a consensus 5 star recruit or something. There’s no shot.

Reactions: Scangg
I'm guessing that this move may in some way explain why he never played
Maybe he reached out to an agent earlier and Pike didn't feel comfortable with that
There has to be a reason he rarely saw the floor at all from mid season on
Either it was a personal issue, an injury or something like this
If the kid could play and help us win games , he would have played.

Reactions: patk89 and Rokodesh
Banton averaged 10 ppg and over 27 mpg at Nebraska. He started 22 games for them.

Jaden averaged 10 minutes and only played more than 7 minutes against 2 major conference teams. He has no chance of getting invited to the combine based on that which means no chance of getting drafted. There’s not enough data out there on him. It’s not like he was a consensus 5 star recruit or something. There’s no shot.
I agree with you and I think he's getting some bad advice. But there's a (very small) chance.

I'd say:
85% plays with another college next year
14.99% leaves college and tries to play pro somewhere (Overtime Elite maybe?)
0.01% returns to Rutgers

We are going to have a lot of openings to fill out the roster

I agree with you and I think he's getting some bad advice. But there's a (very small) chance.

I'd say:
85% plays with another college next year
14.99% leaves college and tries to play pro somewhere (Overtime Elite maybe?)
0.01% returns to Rutgers
There’s a very small chance he works his way up through the G league. Exponentially smaller than if he would return to college for development. He will not be one of 60 players selected for this year’s draft.

I was willing to give him time and the benefit of the doubt - but he had a longggg way to go to fit in at the college game, specially Pikiell’s brand of play.

His best bet is to find a run and gun college program where defense is an afterthought. Sounds like the NBA actually haha.

I am assuming don’t hire an agent, get some good feedback that states based on current ability not ready for the NBA and enter the transfer portal for a school he deems can utilize his skill set better than Rutgers can. What else could it be?

Reactions: rubigtimenow
What’s the downside for Jaden, if he doesn’t want to play here anyway (or earn his way onto the court here)?

All off season we heard how nasty he is and what he will bring to the table for this team offensively.

That was coming out from people watching him play in practice. Watching his game.

The kid isn’t an idiot, he knows he could have brought value to the team.

Reactions: ScarletLongIsland
Watching him develop next yr was one of the more intriguing things to look fwd to me. After whiff in the portal- next yr will be hard to watch

It sounds like possibly he had no intention of playing college ball, but following NBA guidelines, got his one year seperation from high school, enrolled early, Jan 2021, and didn't enroll at the start of the spring semester, end of Jan 2022, but remain on scholarship which led Pikiell to not play him.

Last edited:
Marketing. Declare for the draft, transfer to a school who can then claim they are getting a kid who decided to skip professional basketball and come back making his name more known.

It’s social engineering transferring now.

College sports are becoming laughable. Every year most everyone’s roster will look very different.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT