ADVERTISEMENT

Jaden Jones - Top 150 Camp Invite

SF and SG are practically indistinguishable in college half court offenses, so he’ll probably play both.

The issue is whether he can guard SGs on defense with a 6-8 frame, does he have the quicks and lateral movement. If he does, he can be an elite defender with that wingspan.

I know it doesn't really matter but why is his ranking dropping? TOS site has him as a 3 star and Rivals dropped his ranking 30 places. Someone with that size and shooting ability should be an easy mid range 4 star. Is there something lacking in his game?

I do not follow recruiting closely with regards to classes and commitments. Do we have a signed LOI for Jaden Jones? If no, I would hate to hear that Michigan State is looking for their next 6’8” PG.

I know it doesn't really matter but why is his ranking dropping? TOS site has him as a 3 star and Rivals dropped his ranking 30 places. Someone with that size and shooting ability should be an easy mid range 4 star. Is there something lacking in his game?
Many players reclassified, so Jaden's class is loaded with more talent now. Also, Jaden's youth brings down his rating. It shouldn't, but it does. Those who rate figure they have some time to rate him higher later.

A lot to unpack here but here goes nothing...
Rivals currently has Jones ranked No. 116 with four stars. I know it doesn't really matter but that is one more star than TOS.

Also TOS doesn't even have Jones ranked in their national rankings. They only have him in their composite ranks which, in part, relies on Rivals' rankings.

The latest update was a very difficult one to do because several kids that were in the Rivals150 did not play this summer. Meanwhile some kids that did play earned moves up or debuts due to their performance.

I don't know if Jones played this summer or not, or if he performed well if he did play. I only watched events in FL, GA, SC, NC & KS. So, I didn't offer an opinion on Jones when we did the update.

Many players reclassified, so Jaden's class is loaded with more talent now. Also, Jaden's youth brings down his rating. It shouldn't, but it does. Those who rate figure they have some time to rate him higher later.

This is news to me.

In the six years I have been a part of the Rivals150 rankings I recall several conversations about a kid's age depressing his ranking and it was always a kid who was old for his grade and not about a kid who was young.

In fact young kids tend to get a nudge up because of their performance against older players plus a perceived higher ceiling.

Reactions: ILikePike
Since we already also recruited a true point guard in the same class should tell us Jaden is a 3 or 2.
I believed he was recruited here as a SG/SF. But with that tweet describing him as a "6-foot-8 point-guard, very polished skillset", I admit to having dreams of grandeur.
magic-johnson-action-portrait_header.jpeg

Reactions: MOBFreehold
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT