ADVERTISEMENT

Jay Gruden!

How about Jason Garrett? He's in his last year of his contract and the Cowboys' fanbase wants him out if he does not reach the NFC championship. (He will not because Dak does not do well against good defenses and his defense cannot stop the run.)

He also played QB at Princeton so he has ties to NJ.

Reactions: R1776U
How about Jason Garrett? He's in his last year of his contract and the Cowboys' fanbase wants him out if he does not reach the NFC championship. (He will not because Dak does not do well against good defenses and his defense cannot stop the run.)

This would mean that Rutgers would likely go 6-6 most years.

I was going to start a thread about this. As a Rutgers and Redskins fan - I'm 2 for 2 in the 'fire the head coach" sweepstakes!! ( and I also root for the Jets ). So my 3 favorite teams are a combined 1-13!! Who knew I was a masochist?

i saw the news on the local fox morning show and was like.... hmmmmm... this could work pretty damn good

He lived in Monmouth Beach.

He has zero experience as a coach at the college level. Recruiting has been one of the issues at RU, which is one of the fundamental differences between college and pro coaches.
i think just saying his name would attract high profile recruits

Gruden is a very good OC. He did a great job in Cincy when he was there. He may get another shot at a HC job in the NFL but he’ll probably have to wait 4-5 years as an OC to make it happen.

Dennis Allen is the perfect example. He was terrible with Raiders but he’ll probably get a HC in the next 1-2 years. He’s done a real good in NO

Gruden must be older than I thought. Didn’t know he coached the Dallas Texans.

last week in the Giants - Skins game the announcers mentioned that Jay would likely be with his brother in Vegas next year.

I was going to start a thread about this. As a Rutgers and Redskins fan - I'm 2 for 2 in the 'fire the head coach" sweepstakes!! ( and I also root for the Jets ). So my 3 favorite teams are a combined 1-13!! Who knew I was a masochist?
Me too my friend. Not a jets fan, but the Skins/RU combo of fandom is absolutely dreadful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT