ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Is Belichick getting a NFL job this year or hanging it up?

For the record, I was 100% kidding. But I could see him lurking around and advising Schiano.

He is too much of a control freak to be working for someone else. Even Schiano. I'm guessing the are still friends. Wouldn't be surprised if he shows up at spring practice or something like that.

If nothing has come up before then I could see him showing up for a day, passing thoughts with Schiano. But they're both control freaks so nothing long term would work.

Falcons Decided on Raheem Morris Amid Concerns Bill Belichick Was a ‘Short-Term’ Play, per Report​

'

Well the Falcons are great at considering longevity when making big decisions.
Good thing they didn't risk short term results and get Lamar.

It's the same weird thinking "we shouldn't hire that guy. He'll be gone as soon as he turns us into a winner. It's just a stepping stone job to him."

Bill did not get the Falcons job. His only interview so far.
Are owners realizing it was more on Brady. They go hire a defensive coordinator why don't you hire the best? In this day hiring a defensive HC is a bad move
If the owners think that the Patriots success was all Brady, they weren't watching.

Well the Falcons are great at considering longevity when making big decisions.
Good thing they didn't risk short term results and get Lamar.

It's the same weird thinking "we shouldn't hire that guy. He'll be gone as soon as he turns us into a winner. It's just a stepping stone job to him."

That quote will be even funnier when they fire him after 2 seasons.

I was listening to players on talk shows who were saying "the game has passed Belichick by."
I can only guess they mean Bill isn't a Mr Congeniality who will babysit lopsided egos.
Its not like he ran the option at NE

gNyPuHC.gif

Reactions: RUScrew85
Bill did not get the Falcons job. His only interview so far.
Are owners realizing it was more on Brady. They go hire a defensive coordinator why don't you hire the best? In this day hiring a defensive HC is a bad move

I think you might be on to something. Belichick + Brady was way more successful than Belichick alone.

• Haha
Reactions: WhiteBus
You were on this board saying you loved the ash hire ! Another foolish thing
What? I hated Ash when he said he was cancelling Rutgers traditions in his hiring presser. From then on he was not my guy. Great interview my ass!
Plum wrong again!

What? I hated Ash when he said he was cancelling Rutgers traditions in his hiring presser. From then on he was not my guy. Great interview my ass!
Plum wrong again!
When he was first hired you loved the hire. Don’t lie

Plum wrong again!
You are full of crap !

It’s right here In this thread . You say you love the ash hire !!!

You are full of crap !

It’s right here In this thread . You say you love the ash hire !!!

And that post is more on clowns like you keep blasting Schiano not hiring Ash. Your reading comprehension isn't legendary that for sure!

And that post is more on clowns like you keep blasting Schiano not hiring Ash. Your reading comprehension isn't legendary that for sure!
This is what you posted

“…I love the Ash hire. Love what he has done but he hasn't won a single game as a head coach yet!”

Seems like you loved the hire !!!

This is what you posted

“…I love the Ash hire. Love what he has done but he hasn't won a single game as a head coach yet!”

Seems like you loved the hire !!!
Post the rest of it. Let everyone know you aren't good at reading comprehension.
Also post your first Ash will get us smashed. I guarantee it was after I first complained before you jumped on board. Go bother @Knight Shift who supported both Flood and Ash to the end. He still post that Flood was better then Schiano.

Post the rest of it. Let everyone know you aren't good at reading comprehension.
Also post your first Ash will get us smashed. I guarantee it was after I first complained before you jumped on board. Go bother @Knight Shift who supported both Flood and Ash to the end. He still post that Flood was better then Schiano.

Ok you’re full post . You said you loved ash !!
This was in May 2016. My ash will get us smashed thread was in December 2015.
legend bus is not

Oh jeeze. We now have Ashies! Knocking Schiano is a great sport on this board. I love the Ash hire. Love what he has done but he hasn't won a single game as a head coach yet! And calling yourself oldman I have to ask were you in a coma before and during the Schiano era??”

Ok you’re full post . You said you loved ash !!
This was in May 2016. My ash will get us smashed thread was in December 2015.
legend bus is not

Oh jeeze. We now have Ashies! Knocking Schiano is a great sport on this board. I love the Ash hire. Love what he has done but he hasn't won a single game as a head coach yet! And calling yourself oldman I have to ask were you in a coma before and during the Schiano era??”
Do you see this is a post about defending Schiano??
Where is your first knock on Ash?

Who cares? The guy is an asshole

He's a few games from winning most games in NFL history.
Its pretty curious that he has a job pretty much locked down and the it goes pfffft while four black coaches get hired in same year. I think this is all Goodell working the phones and twisting arms. That's how he got Rams to draft Michael Sam.

He's a few games from winning most games in NFL history.
Its pretty curious that he has a job pretty much locked down and the it goes pfffft while four black coaches get hired in same year. I think this is all Goodell working the phones and twisting arms. That's how he got Rams to draft Michael Sam.
If you think Bill Belichick is still important to the NFL, I think you need to rethink it

If the owners think that the Patriots success was all Brady, they weren't watching.
Brady played no D, no special teams, chose no players in the draft, via trade or free agency, didn’t even call plays, make in-game decisions etc. Tampa was loaded to win as well. It’s why he went there.

Brady an all time great player but anyone who thinks NE’s success is more him than BB and the organization is a fool.

How'd the d
Brady played no D, no special teams, chose no players in the draft, via trade or free agency, didn’t even call plays, make in-game decisions etc. Tampa was loaded to win as well. It’s why he went there.

Brady an all time great player but anyone who thinks NE’s success is more him than BB and the organization is a fool.
How have they done without Brady? 28-36. 1 playoff game which they lost.
With Tom Brady 219-66. Who's the fool???

NE never got a top QB after Brady and you need one to win today.
Mac Jones best season was his first and downhill after that.
BB kept NE winning for years with his roster management
A lot of teams vanish for 7-10 years after losing their franchise QB or QB gets bad
San Fran was invisible for years, Pittsburgh as Roethlisberger slid, NYG with Eli, Ravens, Miami, Buffalo and other teams fell into mediocrity.

Bill has 8 SB titles (not all with NE) and 3x COY.
I don't think for a second all the new ham-n-eggers with no experience are better.
Guys getting hired today will be tomorrows Joe Judge, Ben McAdoo and Pat Shurmur.
BB has no personality and that's probably his liability with today's fair weather players who dont like full contact or preseason games

Reactions: Shelby65
BB may want total control of the team and draft and maybe some owners don’t want to give that up? I thought he would go to Dallas but Jerry Jones isn’t giving up control.

If he doesn’t take a job I wonder if he will enjoy the year off or pace around his house like a caged animal.
Bill’s doing the cooking so he wants to shop for the groceries. Understandable but he’s in what, his 70s now? Teams looking for the next Zac Taylor or Sean McVay nowadays

Bill’s doing the cooking so he wants to shop for the groceries. Understandable but he’s in what, his 70s now? Teams looking for the next Zac Taylor or Sean McVay nowadays
He will be 72 in April

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT