ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry Carino

He doesn’t hate Rutgers

He gets a larger audience and more clicks when RU MBB is winning
This from another Hall fan-- yup he uses the bigger , better, school in a huge league to do his handy work cause he has too it's the bigger story win or lose. Face it SHU is not close to a big ten school in stature or notoriety-- he wishes it was but too bad.

The crowd was into the game and was fully supportive.Yes, there were groans after all the missed foul shots and the long scoring drought which would happen at any arena.I didn't hear any booing in the lowest rows in section 215.The fans understand the strength and weakness of the team and were hoping until the bitter end that the offense would go on a scoring spurt to win the game.

Remember when he rushed to write an article dunking on this board and our fans because Derek Simpson scored 10 straight points in one game as if it validated Jerry somehow. Not to knock Derek but that article didnt age well
I didn't think we would see that consistently but I did think Simpson would have a few big games as a streaky inconsistent freshman with a lot of athletic ability. We really haven't seen it even now with him getting more minutes. He didn't play well last night but he has played better recently at least

Reactions: GORU2014
Imagine watching the trash fire that has been our last two home games and steering the narrative to the crowd. A dozen missed layups, a dozen missed FTs and some of the most mind-boggling turnovers tend to elicit a few groans from 8,000 basketball fans. Watched from Florida, but could tell through the tv that the crowd was ready to carry that team last night.

What a ridiculous article.

I didn't think we would see that consistently but I did think Simpson would have a few big games as a streaky inconsistent freshman with a lot of athletic ability. We really haven't seen it even now with him getting more minutes. He didn't play well last night but he has played better recently at least

but it didnt need an article on after one game...and it was really just a 5 minute stretch of play. The dig the other day he made about rutgers fans hysteria as if by eeking out an ugly win over Wisconsin somehow changed our troubled situation overall.

Reactions: Scangg
but it didnt need an article on after one game...and it was really just a 5 minute stretch of play. The dig the other day he made about rutgers fans hysteria as if by eeking out an ugly win over Wisconsin somehow changed our troubled situation overall.
It was worthy of a message board thread not an article

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Hunter hit a 3 and was taunting the crowd, wonder if that was what Carino referring to and he thought we were booing the team? If so what an absolute clown he is. The crowd couldn't have tried to lift the team anymore last night, you're gonna have frustrated fans but that headline is total garbage
This.

The RAC gave the team its all.
Period.

Crowd needed to get on juwan early. They didn’t. Shameful

Such a stupid take. The coach doesn’t take shots. Why would directing the crowds energy towards the coach make sense unless he was actively showing antics in the game to draw that attention ? The crowd is better off trying to impact guys who are playing the game.

Reactions: FastMJ
I am in the 100's (couldn't sit on my hands because they were raw from clapping and cheering almost all night) and heard a couple of boo's when Paul missed the last two free throws. Other than some groans from missing all the free throws, I thought the crowd and especially the student section were really into the game. Don't know what game Carino was at.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
I usually like Carino but he was way off the mark on this. That pic is of the student section cheering the team with the R-U chant. There were a couple of moments of displeasure when we kept throwing the ball away or missed free throws, but they were scarce, subdued and very brief. After going up 10 early we were outscored by 25, and it wasn't so much that we got our asses kicked as much as how it happened. The missed FTs set the stage, then the turnovers, lack of energy and focus on offense. Even with that, there was virtually no booing, just a sad resignation to a game that had promise and quickly dissipated into ineptitude against a team we can't stand.
Your last sentence perfectly describes my feelings and those I was texting with at the end of the game. I couldn't have said it any better.

Jerry got what he wanted, attention and clicks to his story and then the journo guys...all the supposed RU guys in the media will retweet and applaud Jerry as well. Thats the way it works with them
Yeah because they're a damn fraternity despite the sports journalism media selling out decades ago. The media is the enemy, always has been, always will be.

Jerry Carino, if you are reading this, please address this on the next Jersey Jump Shot podcast. I’m a big fan of yours and prioritize your podcast and thoughts above anyone else when it comes to college basketball. This thread is disappointing to the point of knocking you off the pedestal I had you on. Say it ain’t so Jerry. Please.

Reactions: shields
ah typical Jerry.
Meanwhile he will poo-poo shoe’s shortcomings with wisdom sitting on Holloway’s knee. Never kills the Smurf fandom.
He is very biased, even if he doesn’t think so.

Shades of former SL reporter Mark DiIonno headlining that RU fans en masse were screaming F the Navy during a FB game years ago. In reality it was a limited number of students chanting and few others in the stadium heard it.

Carino is a SHU guy and took an easy shot at RU fans after a disappointing loss. His story line is mostly made up. RU fans do not boo our own players at the RAC.

The thought that Jerry is "biased" against Rutgers is ludicrous and not borne out by any facts. He may be biased against football because he's a die hard basketball guy and doesn't really hide his disdain for college football in general. He can be unbiased AND have a garbage take at the same time. "Showering with Boos?" NO.

The thought that Jerry is "biased" against Rutgers is ludicrous and not borne out by any facts. He may be biased against football because he's a die hard basketball guy and doesn't really hide his disdain for college football in general. He can be unbiased AND have a garbage take at the same time. "Showering with Boos?" NO.
More than biased, I'd say he prefers stirring people up to get clicks over reporting reality.
In other words, he's a member of the American media.

Hunter hit a 3 and was taunting the crowd, wonder if that was what Carino referring to and he thought we were booing the team? If so what an absolute clown he is. The crowd couldn't have tried to lift the team anymore last night, you're gonna have frustrated fans but that headline is total garbage
Yeah I bet that was it. I thought it was towards our players until I saw Hunter acting like the jacksss he is.

Reactions: borochop
Yeah I bet that was it. I thought it was towards our players until I saw Hunter acting like the jacksss he is.
Call that what you want, we'd all love it if Griffiths does that at Michigan next year.

The booing was at Hunter Dickinson who was waving his hands to amp up the Michigan fans after his 3 that led to our timeout. Wasn’t directed at our bench. But Carino is a Seton Hall fan so wouldn’t expect his basketball IQ (or general IQ) to be high enough to realize that anyway

The booing was at Hunter Dickinson who was waving his hands to amp up the Michigan fans after his 3 that led to our timeout. Wasn’t directed at our bench. But Carino is a Seton Hall fan so wouldn’t expect his basketball IQ (or general IQ) to be high enough to realize that anyway
I hope Dickinson ends up in the NBA so that Giannis or Embiid can shit down his throat on a regular basis.

Shades of former SL reporter Mark DiIonno headlining that RU fans en masse were screaming F the Navy during a FB game years ago. In reality it was a limited number of students chanting and few others in the stadium heard it.

Carino is a SHU guy and took an easy shot at RU fans after a disappointing loss. His story line is mostly made up. RU fans do not boo our own players at the RAC.
His Hall team gonna get smoked by Xavier tonight in Newark.

I bet on X

Reactions: Knightmoves
Such a stupid take. The coach doesn’t take shots. Why would directing the crowds energy towards the coach make sense unless he was actively showing antics in the game to draw that attention ? The crowd is better off trying to impact guys who are playing the game.
Because it would have worked . I said the same thing with the Wisconsin last year and I posted the same thing yesterday before the game . Plum knows and it was a plum guarantee! Instead we let juwan slap us around.

What a absolutely disgusting article Jerry Carino wrote trying to focus blame on the fans after last nights loss. I was at the game and the crowd was awesome last night, there is nothing else anybody in the crowd could do to help the team not play as uninspired as they did. McConnell, Hyatt, Cliff, and Mulcahy are all older or the same age as 4 players on the Knicks they aren’t soft little children they can handle being booed after bad performance so trying to paint a narrative that our fan base was in the wrong for being upset is embarrassing for Carino
He writes a lot of crap. Still remember him mocking the fans who stood up for Schiano.

That article didn’t age well either.

He loves to rip RU fans every time we complain about anything. In his mind we're not allowed to say anything bad about Pike because what he's done for the program.

using a picture of fans doing the R-U chant to make it look like BOO is terrible too.

team is so weak that some pissed off fans watching the crap show is bothering them and him? do something then. wow.
I just realized Jerry changed the picture of the article so he must have seen this thread and your post. Jerry you should just go ahead and delete the whole article you clown

Fans were frustrated by the missed FTs and turnovers. If you weren't frustrated, you are not watching the game. Very few, if any, were booing. There was some grumbling. The fan base was as good as it gets for a Big 10 game. The team played poorly and Michigan turned it on in when most needed. That was impressive, and I hate Michigan and their fans, but I have to call it as I saw it. Their PG destroyed us.

What a absolutely disgusting article Jerry Carino wrote trying to focus blame on the fans after last nights loss. I was at the game and the crowd was awesome last night, there is nothing else anybody in the crowd could do to help the team not play as uninspired as they did. McConnell, Hyatt, Cliff, and Mulcahy are all older or the same age as 4 players on the Knicks they aren’t soft little children they can handle being booed after bad performance so trying to paint a narrative that our fan base was in the wrong for being upset is embarrassing for Carino
Jerry is a decent guy however he's very very player and coach friendly and is always taking shots at fans. Heck, he's been shredding the seton hall students for basically being ghosts all season haha

I just realized Jerry changed the picture of the article so he must have seen this thread and your post. Jerry you should just go ahead and delete the whole article you clown
He's had me blocked on twitter since 2019 when I stated (factually I might add) that Myles Powell 100,000,000,000% faked a concussion vs Rutgers to save face on the absolute ass whooping RU put on them.

With that said, a lot of people think it's like taboo for beat writers to read these boards. I couldn't disagree more. It'd be a dereliction of their duty as a writer to not read this boards. These boards show what fans are interested in

Jerry is a decent guy however he's very very player and coach friendly and is always taking shots at fans. Heck, he's been shredding the seton hall students for basically being ghosts all season haha
OGC.2a24e9595bc5cdb7c08ed9b11d578e64

Wow, completely off base in his comments - terrible take by Jerry, who I normally like, despite the SHU background. Plenty of groans at missed FTs, TOs and bad play, but no boos. In fact the crowd, for the first 32 minutes, when the game was in doubt (42-40 UM at that point), the fans were more positive and boisterous than normal - and especially during the first 7-8 minutes when we went up 13-3, with the cheers on Caleb's 3 after surprising everyone by coming back on the floor for RU, being off the charts.

I’m not defending Carino, but did anyone stay until the end of the game? (I left with 2 minutes left.) If there ever was going to be booing, I’d imagine it be around the final buzzer and maybe some drunk idiots.

I agree overall though. We tried our damnest to get them into the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT