ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry Kill Celebrates His Bowl Victory

OMG. I read the article yesterday about him getting the tat but there was no photo. I was expecting something about 1/4 (or smaller) the size of that. Yikes. That thing is hideous

Reactions: TM94goRU
What a hideous tat.
To each their own, but a tattoo that big is kind of forever. It is kind of cool, but as noted, it is a LOT of ink.

Not a tattoo disaster. Warning- link below contains some really bad tattoos and unsavory language.

To each their own, but a tattoo that big is kind of forever. It is kind of cool, but as noted, it is a LOT of ink.

Not a tattoo disaster. Warning- link below contains some really bad tattoos and unsavory language.

Maybe the "queen" would've been wiser to just get another necklace?

Some of the “hideous tatt” comments would’ve been SWEET TATT if it was a big R on that arm.

Congrats to the coach and hope his health is ok.

Not related to Kill but just other HC related news to Mike Leach. Athletic has a series of stories they've done on him and thought you might be interested. It's paywall, not sure if you ended up getting a sub but here are the links if you did.

Dammit. I'm about as cheap as cheap can be, but I subscribed. Found the $1/month deal, and it still hurts. 🤣
To add insult to the mothballs that flew out of my wallet when I pried it open, I found The Athletic is owned by the NY Times, a publication I have great disdain for, which has pretty much existed since they were exposed as liars in the reporting on the Duke lacrosse scandal. Oh well, I doubt they are going to survive on my $12.

Thank you for the tip.

Reactions: rutgersguy1
Not related to Kill but just other HC related news to Mike Leach. Athletic has a series of stories they've done on him and thought you might be interested. It's paywall, not sure if you ended up getting a sub but here are the links if you did.

Some good stuff:

Mangino: He was not conventional. He grew up in Cody, Wyo., right there by Yellowstone. He went to BYU. He got a law degree from Pepperdine. He had a different path than a lot of coaches.

Stoops: Steve Spurrier was with him, and he said, “Mike, they’re in 2-man.” He goes, “What the bleep is 2-man?”

Hollingshead: All that stuff never mattered.

Mangino: One of the coaches one day said, “Hey, Mike, do we really want to throw that against 3-roll coverage?” And Mike said, “What’s 3-roll?”

Hollingshead: He didn’t want all the different scenarios. He would be like: “I don’t care about any of that sh–. What if the safety does this? What if the corner does this?” He would always say: “Well, what if the cheerleader went to the 50-yard line and took a sh–?”

• Haha
Some good stuff:

Mangino: He was not conventional. He grew up in Cody, Wyo., right there by Yellowstone. He went to BYU. He got a law degree from Pepperdine. He had a different path than a lot of coaches.

Stoops: Steve Spurrier was with him, and he said, “Mike, they’re in 2-man.” He goes, “What the bleep is 2-man?”

Hollingshead: All that stuff never mattered.

Mangino: One of the coaches one day said, “Hey, Mike, do we really want to throw that against 3-roll coverage?” And Mike said, “What’s 3-roll?”

Hollingshead: He didn’t want all the different scenarios. He would be like: “I don’t care about any of that sh–. What if the safety does this? What if the corner does this?” He would always say: “Well, what if the cheerleader went to the 50-yard line and took a sh–?”
One more. And the image of Stoops, Leach and Mangino in the same hotel room, and Leach talking to Mangino until 4 a.m.:

Mangino: When we got to Oklahoma, we all got rooms at the Residence Inn in Norman.

Stoops: None of our wives or families were with us yet. We were like a mini fraternity.

Mangino: The first night, Bob walked with me and came and sat in my room. He called Mike and told him to come down. We’re all sitting there drinking beer, smoking cigars and calling recruits in that room.

Stoops: Once everybody was done with hosting recruits and parents on Friday, Saturday night, we’d all reconvene at Bear’s room.

Mangino: Bear is my nickname.

Stoops: Little by little, everyone would filter out.

Mangino: Except Leach. We’re sitting there BS-ing and I’m trying to figure this guy out. He’s interesting but different. It’s about 1:30, 2 o’clock. I said, “Mike, I’m about to go to sleep.” I get in my bed. Mike doesn’t leave. He’s sitting there drinking beer, chewing snuff and he’s laughing at Howard Stern. It’s about 3:30 in the morning. I’m like, “When is this guy going to leave?” Finally about 4 o’clock, he says, “See ya, Coach,” and he leaves. Next night, same routine. … This goes on for four or five nights. That was my introduction to Mike.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT