ADVERTISEMENT

Football Jim Panagos back as DL coach

Wouldn't that mean that we are not going to get Camp then? His contract out for no buyout at UM is for the DC position at RU. I was hoping for both Camp and Elijah Robinson. It is looking like we will not get either.
I was hoping for both also...

I was hoping for both also...
Someone just filled me in that other schools besides RU were going after Robison so Texas A&M is going to up his salary to keep him. The rumors are between $800k to $1 MILLION. That's a lot for any DL coach, but if you are a top recruiter, it may be worth it. It looks like Robinson is not coming.

Reactions: Block R
Someone just filled me in that other schools besides RU were going after Robison so Texas A&M is going to up his salary to keep him. The rumors are between $800k to $1 MILLION. That's a lot for any DL coach, but if you are a top recruiter, it may be worth it. It looks like Robinson is not coming.
BUZZ KILL...........

Like I said right from the start money isn't the reason we'd get him. A&M is paying Fisher 75M over 10 years and Elko over 2M/yr....they will pay to keep anyone they want....if we were going to get him it had to be another angle besides money....coming closer to home/working with Brown etc...

Robinson would have been great but we can't expect to bat 1.000 from the wishlist. Panagos is still a quality hire who gets the culture and will do well IMHO. Still hope we can get Anthony as LB Coach/Co-DC (with Fran) but not sure what the hold up is at this point. If it doesn't come to pass hoping we can get someone with strong ties to FL or elsewhere and let Nunzio, Fran, Panagos, our new OC, and Greg himself hold down NJ.

Robinson would have been great but we can't expect to bat 1.000 from the wishlist. Panagos is still a quality hire who gets the culture and will do well IMHO. Still hope we can get Anthony as LB Coach/Co-DC (with Fran) but not sure what the hold up is at this point. If it doesn't come to pass hoping we can get someone with strong ties to FL or elsewhere and let Nunzio, Fran, Panagos, our new OC, and Greg himself hold down NJ.

Agree. We need a strong recruiter for FL. Not sure that he is on staff yet.

Reactions: RU Diesel07110
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT