ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Knew

Gary Waters didn't do anything wrong (other than lose too many basketball games). I think you're confusing him with Bannon.
thanks for the reminder and the correction to the good name of Gary Waters*.......... I've corrected my post....... (*well, not counting the losing thing...)

This crap is forgotten in most places with the exception of this site.
It might not be talked about as much in places that are more geographically distant from Pennsylvania. But it is certainly not forgotten.

Ask people randomly around the country what is the first thing they think of when you say Penn State, and the most common response will be the pedophilia scandal.

It is like Kent State. It is almost 50 years later, but the school is most commonly associated with the 1970 shootings.

Or Johnstown, PA, which almost 130 years later is still mostly associated with the 1889 flood.

50 years or 130 years from now, Penn State will still be associated with the pedophilia scandal.

It is never going away.

It might not be talked about as much in places that are more geographically distant from Pennsylvania. But it is certainly not forgotten.

Ask people randomly around the country what is the first thing they think of when you say Penn State, and the most common response will be the pedophilia scandal.

It is like Kent State. It is almost 50 years later, but the school is most commonly associated with the 1970 shootings.

Or Johnstown, PA, which almost 130 years later is still mostly associated with the 1889 flood.

50 years or 130 years from now, Penn State will still be associated with the pedophilia scandal.

It is never going away.

Pitt, RU, Temple, Maryland, Nova, Sewercuse fans are close to Pen St so it's natural that they still talk about Sandusky and Joe.

Trust me more than 50% of the nonsense that's written here regarding Joe Paterno has no merit. I've never read so many baseless opinions in my life. Rehashing all this BS does not and will not change our football situation.

Don't you read what you write?

thanks for the reminder and the correction to the good name of Gary Waters*.......... I've corrected my post....... (*well, not counting the losing thing...)
Those whole Bannon and Rice things never struck me as all that bad...

Bannon had the alleged naked free throw thing.. when it was just a free throw contest with the losers running those basketball touch-sprint things in their undies. And players actually opted out.. not wanting to make the bet.. iirc. Of course rumor had it that he was also fooling around with some employee...

Rice.. he didn't fire balls at players head.. that video was cobbled together from months and months of practice videos.. and if they could have made it look worse they would have. One throw got away from him and hit a player in the shoulder. Of course the gay slurs were bad.. but I always thought that Rice and his staff were just the echos of past generations of "tough" coaches who themselves were the product of boot-camp style coaching going back to a time when nearly every man alive in America had been through boot camp and a war.

We just now live in a time when that is not the case.. and when coaches who have been influenced by that through their long chain of mentor coaches... and they bark like a drill instructor.. they seem like lunatics.

Flood might be a better case of an out of control coach... he allowed so much to slip.. academics.. recruiting.. players acting like thugs... but the thing is... his actions were not tolerated.. nor were Rice's or Banon's or even Fred Hill. Rutgers does not provide cover for misbehavior in its athletic teams.

Those whole Bannon and Rice things never struck me as all that bad...

Bannon had the alleged naked free throw thing.. when it was just a free throw contest with the losers running those basketball touch-sprint things in their undies. And players actually opted out.. not wanting to make the bet.. iirc. Of course rumor had it that he was also fooling around with some employee...

Rice.. he didn't fire balls at players head.. that video was cobbled together from months and months of practice videos.. and if they could have made it look worse they would have. One throw got away from him and hit a player in the shoulder. Of course the gay slurs were bad.. but I always thought that Rice and his staff were just the echos of past generations of "tough" coaches who themselves were the product of boot-camp style coaching going back to a time when nearly every man alive in America had been through boot camp and a war.

We just now live in a time when that is not the case.. and when coaches who have been influenced by that through their long chain of mentor coaches... and they bark like a drill instructor.. they seem like lunatics.

Flood might be a better case of an out of control coach... he allowed so much to slip.. academics.. recruiting.. players acting like thugs... but the thing is... his actions were not tolerated.. nor were Rice's or Banon's or even Fred Hill. Rutgers does not provide cover for misbehavior in its athletic teams.
It wasn't tolerated because their performance on the field made them expendable. If any of our coaches hit the jackpot and won championships, they know we would have let it slide: Winning cures all.

Can we get a ruling, here, on the guy who has a Rutgersesque screen name but is clearly a PSU fan?
It's interesting. Apparently it's perfectly OK for this guy to impersonate a group of people but if I came on here with a screen name "Athletic Director Pat Hobbs" I'd be (correctly) booted.

Anyway the day I create a name "OSUFan4Ever" and start defending us on their board please take me out back and end it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT