ADVERTISEMENT

***Jon Lewis commits to Rutgers***

Please, sir, I'd like some more.

6-more.gif

All 7 of our commits are from NJ. 1 committed under Flood, the other 6 are all Ash's doing.

So prior to Ash was this more or less in state commits of this caliber, and thisn[point in the process?

Under flood? under schiano?

Honest question, just want to know how he is doing comapred the the last few coaches before him.

So prior to Ash was this more or less in state commits of this caliber, and thisn[point in the process?

Nobody has ever recruited like this at Rutgers. Not even Schiano, and he recruited pretty well.

I'm not even comfortable talking about it, that's how ridiculously unheard of this is. As was said up there ^ we have the #1 QB, WR and OT in the state.

And this ain't over.

Honest question, just want to know how he is doing comapred the the last few coaches before him.
Schiano did really well in NJ his last 2 classes (2011 and 2012) before going to TB. So far this class is on par with Schiano's best in terms of getting NJ players. Flood's 2014 class was going to be one of the best Rutgers ever had until it was trampled by decommits after an extremely disappointing season. This class blows out of the water anything Flood has ever done in state and is on par with Schiano's best.

We've never gotten this many top state guys, this early in the process..that I can remember under Flood or Schiano.

nice commit! Nice to see more guys like this making plans for a future at RU!

Flood didn't know how to recruit. Ash is doing a great job is appears to be slightly better than Schiano in recruiting. If he gets 2-3 more in the top 15, he's better than Schiano.

Schiano had recruiting classes in the 20-35 range once he started winning games and 2012 was his best year but he left for the NFL a week before signing day. RU got 5 of the top 10 in the state that year. He did spend a lot of time recruiting in Florida too. Ash already has 2 NJ top 10 kids and it looks good for 3-4 more.

Flood, lol.

Last edited:
Great get, we almost have our offense with our WR, QB, OL. I Would like 1 more OL Carter Warren, RB John Lovett and 1 more WR Markquese Bell.

Then we need more defensive players Hansard, Tverdov, Owen Bowles and Hand.

Last edited:
Reactions: ruready07
HUGE HUGE HUGE

My #1 guy on the board

He came on huge at the end of last season...against the best competition in the state and the East Coast....

Just throw out some #s...

Against Notre Dame Academy in the first round of the playoffs....He throws for FIVE TDs

Against Eastern Christian (yes thats ECA of Maryland, one of the top prep schools around)...He threw FOUR TDs and 325 yards passing, plus rushed for 2 more TDs

Against St. Joe's of Montville, one of the top teams in the state at the time, 360 total yards, 3 passing TDs, 1 rushing TD in a loss

All using pretty much EXACTLY the same offense we will use...the PERFECT QB for us....

Schiano had recruiting classes in the 20-35 range once he started winning games and 2012 was his best year but he left for the NFL a week before signing day. RU got 5 of the top 10 in the state that year. He did spend a lot of time recruiting in Florida too. Ash already has 2 NJ top 10 kids and it looks good for 3-4 more.

Flood, lol.
Let's be honest, class of 11' and 12' was mostly about the Pitt trio, in particular Jeff Hafley, who were stealing Schiano's lunch money in NJ when they were at Pitt. Schiano was definitely a level above Flood but I wouldn't put him in the same conversation as Ash and the current staff full of Jeff Hafleys. Remember, Ash is only 4 months in after the Flood disaster.

Last edited:
6-3 220 lb. spread qb. #19 on NJ top 50 and highest ranked NJ QB.

I think we can safely say that Coach Ash knows how to recruit NJ.

Reactions: Cabana Man
Oden vs. Lewis

That's the real QB battle.
Comparing tape, Oden looks faster, but then again he's an inch taller and 20 lbs lighter than Lewis. Hopefully, he puts on some weight and doesn't get demolished. Otherwise, Lewis can probably break a couple more tackles.

Reactions: Scangg

In hindsight, could Schiano's Florida/"State of Rutgers" philosophy have been his biggest mistake?

Ash has already established positive relationships with major in-state powers.

Reactions: tico brown
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT