ADVERTISEMENT

Journeyman Fall Classic

MS-RU

All American
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2013
Looks like Epperly is wrestling this weekend, so hopefully he does well. Don't think anyone other commits are wrestling, but I'm not 100% sure.

Anyone know anything about Brian Soldano? Had an impressive year as a freshman last season at 160, so I'm interested to see how he does his sophomore year. Not sure how he projects as a prospect but he had a ton of pins last year. He is wrestling this weekend as well.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Soldano is from High Point and good. Came in 2nd at the 2019 NHSCA High School Nationals. He lost to Stewart 13-11. Stewart is now at Blair. Last year Stewart wrestled at St. Johns in Maryland. The same school where Malcolm Robinson originally wrestled. Soldano may be coached by RU grad Billy Smith. Only a sophomore so let's see how he develops.

Reactions: plcoolg and MS-RU
Where do you see the brackets/schedule? The video is on Flo, but I can't find who is wrestling on each mat and the order of wrestling. They are not on FloArena.

Last edited:
Still can't find the brackets/schedule, but I found that Dylan Weaver is entered at 152, along with Epperly at 195 as mentioned previously.

Last edited:
Reactions: MS-RU
Where do you see the brackets/schedule? The video is on Flo, but I can't find who is wrestling on each mat and the order of wrestling. They are not on FloArena.
Guys, I found the info you are looking for. Try tournaflex.com. If info doesn't pop right up for you, try hitting the home tab. The webpage says it is best viewed from internet explorer. Hope this helps!

Reactions: Clearscreen25
The Round Robin listings are up on Flo Arena now. Epperly is in Pool D at 195.

Something cool, the announcer just announced a welcome to Rutgers Recruiting Coordinator Kyle Kiss.

Anthony CLark Delbarton on Mat 10 now - 135lbs

Clark wins 3-0 over a tough Hunter Mays from PA

Last edited:
Epperly wins by MD 15-4.

He is tall and athletic. This match he was looking for a lot of big moves/throws against a more muscular, stocky opponent.

Epperly beats Goodwin (Pequannock) 9-2 although I thought it was 7-0.

Used his length and leverage very well that match. He is definitely a problem for the stockier wrestler.

Epperly coming up on Mat 4 against Darby McLaughlin(Mass.) who also won his first 2 matches in the Round Robin against the same opponents. I think the winner advances from the pool into the final 4 as there are 4 pools.

Epperly loses to Misita. Flo said score was 7-1, but that can't be right. It was more like 8-4. Epperly had trouble getting out from bottom and got turned. But he was better on his feet and got a couple of takedowns.

I thought St. John Vianney's rising Junior, Dean Peterson, had a very good tourney. He is currently the nation's 5th ranked 113 pounder but today he wrestled in the 120 pound division. He went undefeated and in the Finals he convincingly beat rising Senior, Anthony Noto, who is the nation's 10th ranked 120 pound wrestler. I am trusting that the Rutgers staff is heavily recruiting Dean.

(Edit: i used the terming "rising" because the wrestling season hasn't started. In retrospect, I shouldn't have used the term since the school year began a few weeks ago and they are no longer rising into the next class status. I should have just written Junior and Senior. Rising has nothing to do with their rank. Dean Peterson has been on the radar for years having had a second place finish in the NJ High School Championships his freshman year and winning it all his sophomore year. )

Last edited:
Idk, we have enough "rising" late bloomers. Time to lock down the big guns already if we want to compete for a team trophy in March.

I thought St. John Vianney's rising Junior, Dean Peterson, had a very good tourney. He is currently the nation's 5th ranked 113 pounder but today he wrestled in the 120 pound division. He went undefeated and in the Finals he convincingly beat rising Senior, Anthony Noto, who is the nation's 10th ranked 120 pound wrestler. I am trusting that the Rutgers staff is heavily recruiting Dean.
I’m sure they are. Peterson’s been very good for a very long time. I remember him from wildwood duals abt 6 yrs ago and he was a beast back then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT