ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas State series

If we are going to play a non-conference game, we are better off playing a team from Ohio, Florida, or someone on the east coast. There is no recruiting advantage to playing a team from Kansas. I bet we slot in FAU or South Florida as a replacement.

Or Va. Tech?

we have 3 OOC games every year- we shouldn't be traveling to kansas or anywhere really, our BIG schedule is tough enough. We should open with Howard/delaware type, then play temple, umass, uconn or another MAC type team, then play a regional acc team (bc, cuse, pitt,)

UCLA was cancelled in 2018. Miami was cancelled in 2017.

If you google "Rutgers vs Miami football cancelled" and "Rutgers vs UCLA football cancelled" the articles will come right up and you can see the dates.
Once again Syracuse troll Shelby65 pulled out mis-information from his ass. Can't believe some of you still fall for his bullshit.

Last edited:
It’s Greg’s track record. Fact. No panic, just truth. Smoke and mirrors, path of least resistance. If not Rochester then Oberlin. The Yeomen.
You realize what conference we play in and who was just added to the conference. There is NO path of least resistance.
And in most years since he is back- the model has been a P5 team, a G5 team and a paid for cupcake.

Have you looked at the SEC OOC's? Michigan, OSU, etc...

Anyone crying about the schedule anymore is just plain ignorant. Getting 3 OOC wins is much more important than who they were against.

and on the OOC note- bring in Howard and the Ohh La la girls every year if we can, please lol

Reactions: czxqa
You realize what conference we play in and who was just added to the conference. There is NO path of least resistance.
And in most years since he is back- the model has been a P5 team, a G5 team and a paid for cupcake.

Anyone crying about the schedule anymore is just plain ignorant. Getting 3 OOC wins is much more important than who they were against.
Akron, Western Michigan, Marshall for OSU / Arkansas St, Fresno St for MI. We have Howard, Akron and VT. Get rid of Howard and it's better.

Ok, so don't schedule them in the first place with phony bravado only to cancel later on. Weak. That's what he does. Big boy talks up a fight all day in school and doesn't show up.

It’s Greg’s track record. Fact. No panic, just truth. Smoke and mirrors, path of least resistance. If not Rochester then Oberlin. The Yeomen.
While your narrative about GA 1.0 and out of confrence schedule is corrext …those cancelations were not on Greg

In 2009-2010, when GS was coach and Tim was the AD, and BEFORE the big 10 invite , we signed home and homes with

2014-2015 Penn state
2016-2017 UCLA
2018-2019 Miami

The facts are
1.) PSU series became confrence games …after Greg left
2.) the UCLA series became the Washington series in 2016-2017, after Greg left
3.) the Miami series in 2018-2019 was cancelled after Greg left

Those were signed by Greg but cancelled after him

Now …with our schedule , what they hell does people want us to do, sign home and home with Georgia and LSU on top of a 9 game confrence schedule ????

The schedule is now perfect …
9 league games
1 ACC regional opponent (which has been BC, Syracuse , and Virginia tech from 2019-2027)
1 bought home game versus a 1A opponent
1 bought 1AA game

Our schedule in the past was an issue and Greg was part of it….but let it go, it’s not an issue anymore

While your narrative about GA 1.0 and out of confrence schedule is corrext …those cancelations were not on Greg

In 2009-2010, when GS was coach and Tim was the AD, and BEFORE the big 10 invite , we signed home and homes with

2014-2015 Penn state
2016-2017 UCLA
2018-2019 Miami

The facts are

Now …with our schedule , what they hell does people want us to do, sign home and home with Georgia and LSU on top of a 9 game confrence schedule ????

9 league games
1 ACC regional opponent (which has been BC, Syracuse , and Virginia tech from 2019-2027)
1 bought 1AA game

Our schedule in the past was an issue and Greg was part of it….but let it go, it’s not an issue anymore
The "1 bought 1AA game" does not make it perfect for fans. Give me a low lever 1A opponent at least. I can't even give away the 1AA tickets anymore.

The "1 bought 1AA game" does not make it perfect for fans. Give me a low lever 1A opponent at least. I can't even give away the 1AA tickets anymore.
I sort of enjoy these games at times- I look at them as fun events with friends. It seems it has also been getting harder to buy games anymore.

Reactions: TRU2RU
Ok, so don't schedule them in the first place with phony bravado only to cancel later on. Weak. That's what he does. Big boy talks up a fight all day in school and doesn't show up.
Again...he didn't cancel Miami and UCLA, Chris Ash did. A simple google search that I mentioned above will give you the dates of cancellation...2017 and 2018, when Schiano wasn't even here.

And as for the Kansas State cancellation....where is it documented that we cancelled? How do you know Kansas State didn't cancel on us?

Again...he didn't cancel Miami and UCLA, Chris Ash did. A simple google search that I mentioned above will give you the dates of cancellation...2017 and 2018, when Schiano wasn't even here.

And as for the Kansas State cancellation....where is it documented that we cancelled? How do you know Kansas State didn't cancel on us?
Since they also announced they just agreed to a H/H those same seasons with Or St...it would appear, that KSU is the one that may have canceled it

Reactions: TRU2RU and dfr1966

2014-2015 Penn state
2016-2017 UCLA
2018-2019 Miami

The facts are

9 league games
1 bought 1AA game

LOL ‘regional’. Jesus Shack you’re drunk on the Schiano-ade too. Schiano is cherry-picking the likely weakest P5 opponents and if these programs turn things around he will switch to some other scheduling ‘model’. Regional hahaha. As the saying goes, ‘there’s a sucker born every minute’. Schiano is the modern master fraudster. Regional. It’s only about wins and if there were a new cupcake P5 team in Guam Schiano would book them every year until he retires.

LOL ‘regional’. Jesus Shack you’re drunk on the Schiano-ade too. Schiano is cherry-picking the likely weakest P5 opponents and if these programs turn things around he will switch to some other scheduling ‘model’. Regional hahaha. As the saying goes, ‘there’s a sucker born every minute’. Schiano is the modern master fraudster. Regional. It’s only about wins and if there were a new cupcake P5 team in Guam Schiano would book them every year until he retires.
I hope he does cherry pick our OOC. It would be really really dumb not to.
We actually had what was considered the 5th hardest schedule in the nation last year..,
Just saying

I hope he does cherry pick our OOC. It would be really really dumb not to.
We actually had what was considered the 5th hardest schedule in the nation last year..,
Just saying
yeah, and I'm just saying that 'regional' has nothing to do with it. plain, convenient spin. it's astonishing and disappointing anyone believes that.

GS schedules the bottom, even FCS bottom (Wagner X2) ,. if the bottom played home games on the moon, GS would have NASA on speed dial. "Regional" scheduling ha ha ha.

yeah, and I'm just saying that 'regional' has nothing to do with it. plain, convenient spin. it's astonishing and disappointing anyone believes that.

GS schedules the bottom, even FCS bottom (Wagner X2) ,. if the bottom played home games on the moon, GS would have NASA on speed dial. "Regional" scheduling ha ha ha.
And AGAIN! The BC, Syracuse and Virginia Tech series were "cherry picked" by... wait for it.....not Schiano.....but Chris Ash!

But don't let facts get in the way of your agenda. I'm getting a good laugh today at your ignorance.

And AGAIN! The BC, Syracuse and Virginia Tech series were "cherry picked" by... wait for it.....not Schiano.....but Chris Ash!

But don't let facts get in the way of your agenda. I'm getting a good laugh today at your ignorance.
Do you think they’d stay on the schedule if they improve and sustain greater success ? Simple question yes or no.

I also forget the reason why but Wagner in 23 was a late replacement for Ohio.

Do you think they’d stay on the schedule if they improve and sustain greater success ? Simple question yes or no.
If they improve, I hope we find someone else- going to say it for the ummpteenth time- 3 wins is much more important then who they are against. And now that playoffs have expanded- no one is really going to care about who they were either- maybe when it was a 4 team playoff but that didn't stop teams with zero P5 teams OOC from making the 4 team playoff.
We play 9 B1G games and an additional P5- this whole schedule thing is the dumbest thing in the world to bitch about.

If they improve, I hope we find someone else- going to say it for the ummpteenth time- 3 wins is much more important then who they are against. And now that playoffs have expanded- no one is really going to care about who they were either- maybe when it was a 4 team playoff but that didn't stop teams with zero P5 teams OOC from making the 4 team playoff.
We play 9 B1G games and an additional P5- this whole schedule thing is the dumbest thing in the world to bitch about.e
So then why not just schedule Wagner, Monmouth and Colgate every year ? Why even bother with FBS OOC at all and just end the 'championships' and the "we're not there yet" charade ?

So then why not just schedule Wagner, Monmouth and Colgate every year ? Why even bother with FBS OOC at all and just end the 'championships' and the "we're not there yet" charade ?
Our OOC has been very respectful compared to most schools- And most of it wasn't even scheduled by Greg. But each year we have a middle of the road P5, a G5 and a bought game.
And teams like BC- tend to usually be in that 5-7 win type season, VaTech, same thing even if down a little- but they can usually play with most anyone, everyone likes to joke about Cuse but they are usually in that 5-7 win range
And you cant just schedule your schedule as the wins would no longer count.

We need to just keep scheduling exactly as well have. There is nothing in our schedule that would not only keep us out of the new playoffs but it would not had kept us out of the 4 team playoff either if we ran the table.

I feel like I am arguing with some of the dumbest people on the planet. You all make no sense at all- WE PLAY IN THE B1G EAST...

He must have been afraid of Ohio...
sort of....Not afraid per se, but Wagner an absolutely certain win and Ohio much less certain. GS risk averse, won't even allow punt returns. Opportunity to schedule Wagner was too good for him to pass up.

You all can crap on Shelby but he's right about the schedule. That is the one big issue I have with Greg. Greg is scheduling to make the team look better than it is. I'd rather beat Kansas St than go to a sh*tty bowl game. And based on attendance at the Pinstripe Bowl, most would agree.

With the league at 18, and playoff expansion, better to play regional home/away game. Goals have changed. Also vs old BE has juice.

You all can crap on Shelby but he's right about the schedule. That is the one big issue I have with Greg. Greg is scheduling to make the team look better than it is. I'd rather beat Kansas St than go to a sh*tty bowl game. And based on attendance at the Pinstripe Bowl, most would agree.
Have we replaced KSU yet- somehow, they have a replacement already- makes one think about who may have been afraid of who.
And if you are more concerned about a single game when we always have 10 P4 games on the Schedule including teams usually in top 1-10, then there really is no discussion.
With Wagner last year- we had the 5th hardest schedule in the nation.

Have we replaced KSU yet- somehow, they have a replacement already- makes one think about who may have been afraid of who.
And if you are more concerned about a single game when we always have 10 P4 games on the Schedule including teams usually in top 1-10, then there really is no discussion.
With Wagner last year- we had the 5th hardest schedule in the nation.
I get we are in the B1G. Never going to be an easy schedule. However Rutgers is never going to get any respect playing Wagner. Boise used to play anyone anywhere. At least play someone with a pulse. I only attend those games (Wagner/Howard) for the tailgate.

ok...i hope you remember this question.
And when the games don't get cancelled, will you come back and say I was right?

I'm still waiting for you to admit I was right when I debunked your claims that Schiano cancelled the Miami and UCLA series, as well as that he scheduled BC, VT and Syracuse. Are you capable of admitting you were wrong, or is part of your shtick to still claim you were right?

Take the L on this thread buddy and move on, you're embarrassing yourself.

Now your turn to answer a simple yes or no question.....are you as ignorant in real life as you are on this message board?

sort of....Not afraid per se, but Wagner an absolutely certain win and Ohio much less certain. GS risk averse, won't even allow punt returns. Opportunity to schedule Wagner was too good for him to pass up.
Actually it was Ohio who cancelled very close to the season and we had to scramble to find an opponent because everyone's schedule was filled by that time. If memory serves. Wagner then cancelled a game with someone else so they could play us.

I get we are in the B1G. Never going to be an easy schedule. However Rutgers is never going to get any respect playing Wagner. Boise used to play anyone anywhere. At least play someone with a pulse. I only attend those games (Wagner/Howard) for the tailgate.
Boise never played through a regular season gauntlet that is a BigTen football schedule. Our division alone typically has 3 perennial top 10 teams.

I understand you get that we play a BigTen schedule but you clearly don’t get the physical effect it has on players week in and week out. As Schiano has repeatedly intimated , it wears on your team as the season enters November and we clearly have not had the talented depth that many opponents have.

And when the games don't get cancelled, will you come back and say I was right?

I'm still waiting for you to admit I was right when I debunked your claims that Schiano cancelled the Miami and UCLA series, as well as that he scheduled BC, VT and Syracuse. Are you capable of admitting you were wrong, or is part of your shtick to still claim you were right?

Take the L on this thread buddy and move on, you're embarrassing yourself.

Now your turn to answer a simple yes or no question.....are you as ignorant in real life as you are on this message board?
Yes, I was wrong about those cancellations. You were correct on the timing. Too many years gone by. What is undeniably true as something a few people who know me here can attest to, at the time the Miami and UCLA series were announced I predicted neither would happen. So I inaccurately conflated the two things.

What did occur was, Schiano tried to rescue himself from the negative PR of two FCS in the same season. The same week the second FCS was announced, he later announced both UCLA and Miami series. Obvious only for appearances of competitive interests but would never have happened even if he were still HC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT