ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas State series

I get we are in the B1G. Never going to be an easy schedule. However Rutgers is never going to get any respect playing Wagner. Boise used to play anyone anywhere. At least play someone with a pulse. I only attend those games (Wagner/Howard) for the tailgate.
Seriously- Rutgers wins 8+ and over 500 in the B1G- does anyone even think about Wagner...

This arguement just aint working

And let's say we are just under 500 in the B1G but win all 3 OOC and win our bowl to 8 wins- does anyone notice except we wn 8 games and a bowl playing in the hardest conference in the country.

Reactions: TRU2RU
Yes, I was wrong about those cancellations. You were correct on the timing. Too many years gone by. What is undeniably true as something a few people who know me here can attest to, at the time the Miami and UCLA series were announced I predicted neither would happen. So I inaccurately conflated the two things.

What did occur was, Schiano tried to rescue himself from the negative PR of two FCS in the same season. The same week the second FCS was announced, he later announced both UCLA and Miami series. Obvious only for appearances of competitive interests but would never have happened even if he were still HC.
Thank you.

Agree on the negative PR of 2 FCS teams that season and the scheduling of UCLA and Miami positive PR.

Disagree that they would have been canceled if he was still the coach. But that's my opinion, just as you have an opinion.

Thank you.

Agree on the negative PR of 2 FCS teams that season and the scheduling of UCLA and Miami positive PR.

Disagree that they would have been canceled if he was still the coach. But that's my opinion, just as you have an opinion.
I will say- GS 1.0- had a purpose and reason for his scheduling...He was just trying to get the school on the radar and knew that any win was better than any loss. We could beat Howard 70-7 and it is a win and mostly an after thought. We could have played Bama and lost 40- 0 and it would be remembered...

Again...he didn't cancel Miami and UCLA, Chris Ash did. A simple google search that I mentioned above will give you the dates of cancellation...2017 and 2018, when Schiano wasn't even here.

And as for the Kansas State cancellation....where is it documented that we cancelled? How do you know Kansas State didn't cancel on us?
I get we are in the B1G. Never going to be an easy schedule. However Rutgers is never going to get any respect playing Wagner. Boise used to play anyone anywhere. At least play someone with a pulse. I only attend those games (Wagner/Howard) for the tailgate.

Boise didn't play in the Big 10. I can't think of a Top 20 program that doesn't play 1 cupcake game every year. I cited Alabama playing Chattanooga earlier in this thread. And when the schedule is annually 1 of the 10 toughest in the country I don't see that as a problem. Enjoy the tailgate and check out the new faces who will get some playing time

Reactions: TRU2RU and czxqa
I'd take Middle Tennesse and Chattanoga or UT Martin and Ball St. any day. Would those do for you? They did for the SEC title game participants. Sorry but if you look around college football your argument is not very enlightened.
Section and shelby just not very bright in this thread. It seems to just be a GS hate thread for the 2 of them.

Thank you.

yep, contrasting opinions. to me, the timing of those future series to counteract and reverse the negative scheduling narrative, combined with his obvious penchant for scheduling soft OOC before and ever since suggests PR sham/con.

I wonder what the 'toughest' OOC he's ever scheduled and played.

It's funny reading watching all the anti-Schiano crowd waiting for any bit of news they can jump on in order to go immediately into rabid attack mode. In this case a series that wouldn't happen until 6 and 7 years from now that probably was cancelled by KSU. GS might not even be the coach by then, hell the world might not even be here.

It's funny reading watching all the anti-Schiano crowd waiting for any bit of news they can jump on in order to go immediately into rabid attack mode. In this case a series that wouldn't happen until 6 and 7 years from now that probably was cancelled by KSU. GS might not even be the coach by then, hell the world might not even be here.
Yeah, just not as effective as the anti-Schiano crowd at Tennessee that damn near rioted demanding a better coach.

I'd take Middle Tennesse and Chattanoga or UT Martin and Ball St. any day. Would those do for you? They did for the SEC title game participants. Sorry but if you look around college football your argument is not very enlightened.
Yes. I would gladly take them. Better than Howard or Wagner. Thanks for making my point.

Boise didn't play in the Big 10. I can't think of a Top 20 program that doesn't play 1 cupcake game every year. I cited Alabama playing Chattanooga earlier in this thread. And when the schedule is annually 1 of the 10 toughest in the country I don't see that as a problem. Enjoy the tailgate and check out the new faces who will get some playing time
Chattanooga is a much better team than Howard or Wagner. Thanks for agreeing with me.

Section and shelby just not very bright in this thread. It seems to just be a GS hate thread for the 2 of them.
I actually like Greg and my wife went to high school with him. He’s also friends with my cousin. I just hate paying good money to play a patsy. A lot of posters have reading comprehension problems in this thread.

I actually like Greg and my wife went to high school with him. He’s also friends with my cousin. I just hate paying good money to play a patsy. A lot of posters have reading comprehension problems in this thread.
Why don’t you save a lot of money & watch all the games at home

Reactions: yesrutgers01
No we don't- you just don't make a damn bit of sense. Greg is scheduling like elite teams. We have 10 P4 games a year...We had the 5th hardest schedule in the country. And while this year is easier- we are playing Washington, USC, UCLA- are some of you just F-ing insane?
Any given year- your tickets are giving you PSU, OSU, Mich, UCLA, Wash, Org, Iowa, Neb, MSU, etc...are you f-ing insane if you have to sit through a fun tailgate easy game that no one will even take into consideration at the end of the year except it was win.

I seriously cant believe I hear what comes from some of you guys. It is about as stupid as it gets.

And who is to F-ing say that KSU is and is most likely a patsy by 2030...And then- ohhhh- who was trying to hide by scheduling these guys.

You all are busting on a VaTech OOC game- think about that

You are correct. Rutgers will never get any respect playing Wagner. That's what the other 11 games are for.

Yeah, just not as effective as the anti-Schiano crowd at Tennessee that damn near rioted demanding a better coach.

Blah blah blah......post something negative.....blah blah blah......refer to yourself in the third person.........blah blah blah.......post something negative...........blah blah blah........refer to yourself in the third person......blah blah blah

Wash, rinse, repeat

Reactions: RUPete
Blah blah blah......post something negative.....blah blah blah......refer to yourself in the third person.........blah blah blah.......post something negative...........blah blah blah........refer to yourself in the third person......blah blah blah

Wash, rinse, repeat
Shelby isn’t satisfied with 3 conference wins. Nobody should think that’s good enough.

He will mostly likely never get 6. Why the long contract and love ?

Shelby isn’t satisfied with 3 conference wins. Nobody should think that’s good enough.

Shelby65 - Syracuse troll is like herpes. He's keeps coming back.

Yes. I would gladly take them. Better than Howard or Wagner. Thanks for making my point.
When did we play Howard and Wagner in the same year? Look at past North Carolina schedules they did just that.

If Alabama can play an FCS school(Chattanooga) a shitty Conference USA opponent (Middle Tennessee St.), an average American (USF) how is Schiano doing something different than the rest of the P5 world?

Maybe instead of constant complaining negativity on a fan forum, Shelby needs to put his money where his mouth is and pump it into NIL to help support the flow of high end players into RU. But then again, likely not since you're probably a Cuse troll.

Maybe instead of constant complaining negativity on a fan forum, Shelby needs to put his money where his mouth is and pump it into NIL to help support the flow of high end players into RU. But then again, likely not since you're probably a Cuse troll.
better yet, just have it heed this request
2fd31fbbb7c653f3088d3da80b56678f.gif

I think it's pretty obvious we were looking to get into the fertil recruiting grounds of the Great Plains.
^^^ this ^^^

When this now-cancelled deal was announced, many here rejected the move for the above reason.. nothing to gain... no recruiting angle... no big game angle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT