ADVERTISEMENT

Kill had a seizure yesterday, still in the hospital.

when it rains it pours. But the most important thing is his health. I hope he has a full recovery.

Prayers to coach Kill & family! Want a speedy recovery for you and family. Football can wait for a healthy you.

Mods..I think it might be prudent to shut this down knowing how unfortunately speculation and even insensitivity can get out of hand. What is needed is prayers and common sense. God bless and watch over coach Kill.

Last edited:
Reactions: rutgersal
Nobody was trying to entice anyone to do anything. Ash brought this up in his press conference that was being covered on the round table. I didn't want to be the one to take information from the round table and put it on the free board and the information was going to be in print later today anyway.
I was responding to you because you mentioned information on Jerry's health being available on the round table but wasn't actually aiming my response at you. I wasn't expecting you to be the person making that decision to release round-table information to the general public. Was intended for the mods or John.

Sorry for any confusion.

Here's to a full recovery. And unless the doctors see something unexpected, think about staying on but from the coaches booth

Like RULoyal said, we have a "live at the press conference" thread on the Round Table. Bobby attends the PCs and reports snippets at a time into the threads. The news wasn't going to be long before it got out, but out of respect for the premium members, they got to read the news first. I mean the news is all of half an hour old.
I understand. But, in my opinion, that sort of news should be disseminated widely once it's known. I love the moderating job everyone does on these boards and have a ton of respect for everyone involved from John on down. So this is a minor quibble (and my first ever on these boards, I think).

In any event, as you say, the news was going to be publicized shortly via local news anyway.

I'm just glad that it appears that Jerry will be okay. Which is the only thing that really matters here.

Wishing him the best and if He has to give it up for health reasons than I want to take this opportunity to thank him for giving us a shot. He could have treated us like many others have but he saw something here and in this staff worth coming back for. God bless him and hope and pray for nothing but good things to happen.

You can think that all you want, I'm just telling you that, in this situation, your "common link" is wrong.

I hope kill gets well soon. But to say it's not related to coaching football is absurd. He was hurt while coaching a football game.

I hope kill gets well soon. But to say it's not related to coaching football is absurd. He was hurt while coaching a football game.

People are quickly insinuating that the issue was completely related to losing the game and not being able to handle the loss physiologically from the stress. It was more than that.

People are quickly insinuating that the issue was completely related to losing the game and not being able to handle the loss physiologically from the stress. It was more than that.

But what appears to be the case is the seizure was the result of what happened during a football game. So maybe not mentally losing a game , but yeah it's related to coaching football.

But what appears to be the case is the seizure was the result of what happened during a football game. So maybe not mentally losing a game , but yeah it's related to coaching football.

More related to standing on the sidelines of a football game than to coaching. I'm sure that they'll give much more thought to putting Kill in the box moving forward.

True. But is the problem solved by moving him to the coaches booth?

You can think that all you want, I'm just telling you that, in this situation, your "common link" is wrong.

It was a blow to the head. I was actually held out of playing Pop Warner because my doctor thought a hit could cause a seizure. So if Kill was building homes and something fell from the rod and hit him, he could've had a seizure from that. Just because he was coaching does mean it was more likely to happen.

Poor guy. i can certainly relate. I suffered a head injury during a high school game and was OK until about 6 months later when I started having seizures. They continued for the better part of 10 years because of the hit I received. Good luck and good health to him.

I don't get it, there has been a lot of incorrect speculation on what has happened.
Keeping this info on premium caused a lot of concern and false news. Would it have
made more sense to release this info rather than to keep it on premium?

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT