ADVERTISEMENT

Knicks Go Canadian

RUinFla

Heisman Winner
Aug 2, 2001
Stuart, Florida
As expected, the Knicks took RJ Barrett, the Duke kid who has the makeup to thrive in the NY sports press jungle. Barrett played on the Canadian National team. In Round 2, the Knicks took a player we who had BTN saw, Ignas Bradzekis from Michigan. Also a 6'7 forward from Canada who was 15 and 6 as a freshman. Makes the Knicks forward roster very crowded. Especially if they sign KD.
Like to see a playing roster of 7 back court and 5 front court. Barrett and Bradzekis will be two of the five. Others should be Hezonja, Knox and Vonleh. Ellenson, Hicks and 8-year NBA guy from Duke, Lance Thomas, are not on the regular playing roster, though would expect Lance Thomas to remain with NY on the 15-man roster, to play when injuries strike. Durant will be added to the 15-man roster if he signs. Clyde was still Clyde last night. Amidst striking suits, his was pretty striking. Has it been 49 years?
TL

Granted Bradzekis is an nba player but eugene got embarassed in the defensive end by him that game. Eugene really couldnt guard stretch 4’s which is what the game is evolving into. Bradzekis killed us that night

Reactions: goldb80
Granted Bradzekis is an nba player but eugene got embarassed in the defensive end by him that game. Eugene really couldnt guard stretch 4’s which is what the game is evolving into. Bradzekis killed us that night
EO was playing injured.. doesn't mean it wouldn't have happened if he were healthy... just reminding that EO got hurt in January and this game was early February and everyone knew EO was not playing like himself.

Bradzekis is a hustler though.. like that.

Reactions: goldb80
Knicks are going to make a push for 13th in the East. Not quite the Irving, Zion, and Durant troika that has been expected for 2 years now[roll]

EO was playing injured.. doesn't mean it wouldn't have happened if he were healthy... just reminding that EO got hurt in January and this game was early February and everyone knew EO was not playing like himself.

EO always struggled with forwards that would step out on the perimeter. Often times he would get sucked into the paint and would be late to close out. This was something that was common all 3 years he was hear and had to do more with positioning then athleticism.

Shot just 31% from 3 but 53% from 2; 45% overall. Not bad for a freshman. He will get better. Also like the rebounds and assists.
Think Bradzekis was a steal.
TL
He shot 66% percent from the line though which is concerning. FT% is the best metric to predict future NBA shooting ability since the sample size is larger and while players can improve, it is usually not by much and indicates that mechanics need to be improved. Also if you watch his form it is not good on both his free throw and off the dribble shots. Is his shot broken? No. However if he did have even a decent jump shot he would be the clear #2 in the draft. Going to need to get with a shooting coach and work on mechanics..

Knicks are going to make a push for 13th in the East. Not quite the Irving, Zion, and Durant troika that has been expected for 2 years now[roll]
Zion was only a pipe dream and KD ruptured his achilles. Also my knowledge is KD is still a FA and has yet to make a decision?? If the knicks do miss out as long as they roll over the cap space and do not dish out any bad long-term deals they are in the best place, as an organization, they have been in the last 19 years. Now I don't have much faith they will do this but Perry has only given indications that maybe he knows what he is doing and has a long term plan.

Really liked Bradzekis as a college player. Do not see him as a contributor on an NBA team.

Reactions: Scangg
Knicks must get Durant even with the torn achilles. If they don't and he goes to the Nets or anywhere else, I am convinced the team will never prosper with Dolan and Mills in charge. They should have given David Griffin total control of the basketball organization when they had the chance to hire him last year. Dolan's loyalty to Mills seems totally unrelated to meeting any sort of performance goals. Scott Perry may be a decent NBA GM but its time to demonstrate that.

Zion was only a pipe dream and KD ruptured his achilles. Also my knowledge is KD is still a FA and has yet to make a decision?? If the knicks do miss out as long as they roll over the cap space and do not dish out any bad long-term deals they are in the best place, as an organization, they have been in the last 19 years. Now I don't have much faith they will do this but Perry has only given indications that maybe he knows what he is doing and has a long term plan.

Knicks have been counting KD and Kyrie coming together for 2 years now, and they tanked this season for the sole reason of getting Zion.

KD likely out for most of next season if not the entire year but there isn't a team in the NBA that wouldn't sign him to a max contract right now.

Knicks have been counting KD and Kyrie coming together for 2 years now, and they tanked this season for the sole reason of getting Zion.

KD likely out for most of next season if not the entire year but there isn't a team in the NBA that wouldn't sign him to a max contract right now.
You obviously know nothing about the NBA if you think there wont be a team to max KD. The injury is one of the worst you can have but he is well worth the risk and his game does not revolve around athleticism anyways.
Also the Knicks tanked because it is proven the only way to have success in the NBA is to pick in the top of the draft due to how volatile prospects are. The path to success is to have young cost controlled pieces and pair that with high profile FA signings. The difference between having the 3rd pick and 6th pick is massive in the NBA and it all about having those high picks and cap space. Middling as the 5-8 seed is a disaster and its not like other sports were you can go on a "run" in the postseason. Hence why tanking in years you do not have around a 5% chance to win the title is the route most smart GM's take.

And the Rangers likely will go Finnish...what are the odds the Knicks draft more Canadians than the Rangers?

Last edited:
You obviously know nothing about the NBA if you think there wont be a team to max KD. The injury is one of the worst you can have but he is well worth the risk and his game does not revolve around athleticism anyways.
Also the Knicks tanked because it is proven the only way to have success in the NBA is to pick in the top of the draft due to how volatile prospects are. The path to success is to have young cost controlled pieces and pair that with high profile FA signings. The difference between having the 3rd pick and 6th pick is massive in the NBA and it all about having those high picks and cap space. Middling as the 5-8 seed is a disaster and its not like other sports were you can go on a "run" in the postseason. Hence why tanking in years you do not have around a 5% chance to win the title is the route most smart GM's take.

It was a double negative so it might have been a little confusing, but PatrickRU92 said: "there isn't a team in the NBA that wouldn't sign him to a max contract right now." So, he certainly doesn't seem to think there won't be a team to max KD.

Rumor is that Warriors will do a sign and trade with Knicks. KD would sign with Warriors and Knicks would use cap space to sign a free agent Warriors are targeting and trade him for KD during the season. Kyrie rumored to Knicks if this happens.

as a long-time Nets diehard, who loves to see Knicks misery, this is their team and maybe they break 25 wins...maybe.
I actually prefer DeAngelo Russell over Kyrie Irving....younger, cheaper, and I think better all around...sure, Kyrie is unique with his shot making, but not sure worth it...as much I could be good with signing Durant despite injury, I'd be good taking an unconventional approach in resigning Russell (not for max) and signing Tobias Harris (also weakens Philly)--they need a stretch 4, which puts Harris on bench, strengthening our frontcourt depth...
Russell, LaVert, Allen, Kunas, Harris...with Dinwiddle, Harris off bench...

I'd love to see the Knicks sign Julius Randle. Once AD quit, he put up numbers they could only dream of getting if they landed Zion. Him and another starter like Tobias Harris or Khris Middleton to go with Smith, Knox, Barrett and Robinson would be a big improvement.

as skull said , I'm saying EVERY team would want KD. no exceptions.

And this year there is huge difference between pick 1 and 2.

as a long-time Nets diehard, who loves to see Knicks misery, this is their team and maybe they break 25 wins...maybe.
I actually prefer DeAngelo Russell over Kyrie Irving....younger, cheaper, and I think better all around...sure, Kyrie is unique with his shot making, but not sure worth it...as much I could be good with signing Durant despite injury, I'd be good taking an unconventional approach in resigning Russell (not for max) and signing Tobias Harris (also weakens Philly)--they need a stretch 4, which puts Harris on bench, strengthening our frontcourt depth...
Russell, LaVert, Allen, Kunas, Harris...with Dinwiddle, Harris off bench...

would much rather just sign KD and keep D'Lo. I don't think Irving is that much (if at all ) better than Russell. Unfortunately I don't tihnk thats possible.

The thing is what the Nets are trying to do is essentially trade D'Lo for Kyrie and KD and that would be a trade everyone would make. Will be sad to see D Lo go if thats the case

My perfect Nets scenario is resign D'Lo , sign Kahwai and Randle. But that's not happening.

would much rather just sign KD and keep D'Lo. I don't think Irving is that much (if at all ) better than Russell. Unfortunately I don't tihnk thats possible.

The thing is what the Nets are trying to do is essentially trade D'Lo for Kyrie and KD and that would be a trade everyone would make. Will be sad to see D Lo go if thats the case

My perfect Nets scenario is resign D'Lo , sign Kahwai and Randle. But that's not happening.

I agree that would be great, but I don't think they can get all 3. I'd take D'Lo and Kawhi in a heartbeat. I'd much rather Kyrie take his act to NYK and we keep D'Lo. I don't want a Kyrie and Butler situation.

Must've been playing hurt this spring too then..when our young players were kicking the ever loving sh*t out of him

Dolan's loyalty to Mills seems totally unrelated to meeting any sort of performance goals. Scott Perry may be a decent NBA GM but its time to demonstrate that.

In Dolan’s defense, this is his one great quality - and subsequently his great downfall - as an owner.

From Isiah to Phil Jackson, Dolan is incredibly loyal, gives full control away and doesn’t mettle with the team.

Problem is he makes terrible decisions on who to hire and trust.

In Dolan’s defense, this is his one great quality - and subsequently his great downfall - as an owner.

From Isiah to Phil Jackson, Dolan is incredibly loyal, gives full control away and doesn’t mettle with the team.

Problem is he makes terrible decisions on who to hire and trust.
Dolan is a turd. He just wants to be associated with the names of Isiah and Phil. Still mad at the way he treated Knicks legend and fan favorite Charles Oakley

Reactions: NickRU714
I hear the Nets are confident they are getting KD and Kyrie. I am not going to be happy if that comes to fruition. Knicks should have held on to KP if that happens.

Head to Head matchup. Eugene in a knee brace and probably playing at 80% or less. He was laboring to move most of the time and had zero lift or explosion.

Iggy....23 points

Eugene....21 points

Last edited:
Must've been playing hurt this spring too then..when our young players were kicking the ever loving sh*t out of him

Hey Doc, Can you provide an update on Eugene's knee in April and May? Which was about 30-40 days after his 2nd injury late in the season. 100%, 75%, 55% ???

Can you give us a run down on what happened in these Spring matchups? Specifics and not just message board hearsay

Last edited:
As expected, the Knicks took RJ Barrett, the Duke kid who has the makeup to thrive in the NY sports press jungle. Barrett played on the Canadian National team. In Round 2, the Knicks took a player we who had BTN saw, Ignas Bradzekis from Michigan. Also a 6'7 forward from Canada who was 15 and 6 as a freshman. Makes the Knicks forward roster very crowded. Especially if they sign KD.
Like to see a playing roster of 7 back court and 5 front court. Barrett and Bradzekis will be two of the five. Others should be Hezonja, Knox and Vonleh. Ellenson, Hicks and 8-year NBA guy from Duke, Lance Thomas, are not on the regular playing roster, though would expect Lance Thomas to remain with NY on the 15-man roster, to play when injuries strike. Durant will be added to the 15-man roster if he signs. Clyde was still Clyde last night. Amidst striking suits, his was pretty striking. Has it been 49 years?
TL
Is he a good skater?

Zion wasn’t projected as the # 1 pick two years ago. Barret was. I’m sure they wanted Zion but no one here knows how good or bad Barrett can be in the NBA. Plenty of Failed lottery picks every year.

Reactions: ScarletR30
KD will be 31 before the season starts and probably 32 before he's probably ready to play. Achilles heel recovery is tough to predict (lots never see the court again). Unless you have a team really ready to make a run (the Knicks? Seriously?), better to spend your money elsewhere. Can't see KD spending his twilight years with a team not going anywhere.

Zion wasn’t projected as the # 1 pick two years ago. Barret was. I’m sure they wanted Zion but no one here knows how good or bad Barrett can be in the NBA. Plenty of Failed lottery picks every year.

Overall. liked Barrett better. Zion is going to have to lose weight because his game puts too much stress on his knees. Barrett is a more complete player, but not nearly as much fun to watch.

Knicks have had a pedestrian history of 1st rounders. 2018-Kevin Knox, who can play. 2017 Frank Nkitlina, who can't. 2015 Porzingis 2013 Tim Hardaway Jr 2011 Iman Shumpert 2009 Jordan Hill 2008 Danilo Galinari 2007 Wilson Chandler 2006 Renaldo Balkman 2005 Channing Frye and David Lee--big draft. 2004 Trevor Ariza 2003 Mike Sweetney 2002 Nene

Some duds. Some hits. Barrett should be the best since 2005 draft. Course Knicks are never going to match 68, when they got Clyde.
TL

Reactions: matty666
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT