ADVERTISEMENT

Last Post on Loyola

Caliknight

Legend
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2001
Had a chance to watch the game again. Not as a fan as my first watch but more critical. Third watch actually. Lax nerd!

We did a lot of exceptional things. Certainly a few individual things to clean up but we were really good in every phase. Our clearing was crisp, our slides for the most part were really well timed our individual D match ups were won all day and the sub game was very clean.

Mullin definitely stole a few and the D, both close and rope guys were very connected all day. Shane Knobloch had arguably the best game of his career. He was three steps ahead of their D and moving them around on his whim, then either finding the open man or scored it himself. Utterly sublime play.

This was a great game for us to build on. I want to see more of this across the board tomorrow while cleaning up a few things.

Had a chance to watch the game again. Not as a fan as my first watch but more critical. Third watch actually. Lax nerd!

We did a lot of exceptional things. Certainly a few individual things to clean up but we were really good in every phase. Our clearing was crisp, our slides for the most part were really well timed our individual D match ups were won all day and the sub game was very clean.

Mullin definitely stole a few and the D, both close and rope guys were very connected all day. Shane Knobloch had arguably the best game of his career. He was three steps ahead of their D and moving them around on his whim, then either finding the open man or scored it himself. Utterly sublime play.

This was a great game for us to build on. I want to see more of this across the board tomorrow while cleaning up a few things.
Really like the film review. As a huge fan of film I would not be at all upset if you did these after each game.

You could take off a goal that Loyola scored on a failed clear and open net. Defense played well, SSDMs played much better, Rall looked healthy again. Lost a matchup on an invert against a pole that shouldn’t happen, but other than that solid effort.

Knobloch played with confidence and his skill followed. Great game!

Mullin in goal was probably +4 in saves. Meaning he saves 4 shots that average goalies don’t save. Great game!

I will say that after watching the film I’m not yet sold on Loyola’s offense. They are very young and look undersized. Could mold into great players but not so sure it happens in ‘23. They need Kamish back in a big way.

Reactions: DowntownT_Brown
They definitely need Kamish back. You can have great ball movement and scheme, but lacrosse is an athletes game. At some point you need someone, or multiple guys, that can break someone down to create slides. Then the ball movement becomes much more effective.

We have Ross Scott behind and Shane up top that can create slide almost every time. Hopefully Sprock can get back to that form when he was able to do that on a whim too.

Loyola didn’t have one one of those guys on Sat. Joey is that guy for them.

Maryland has proven themselves but if I’m Hopkins this is a concern. Loyola had their way with their D.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT