ADVERTISEMENT

Let's (loudly) show Hobbs our opinion at the game Tuesday night

Gotta admit I am kind of surprised by the fan reaction to RU not working out a deal with Schiano. It has been much milder than I expected. I fully expected a huge meltdown, with protests in the streets, Rutgers & Schiano trending nationally on Twitter. In fact I expected the meltdown to be very similar to the Tennessee fans who wanted nothing to do with Schiano.
The difference is in the sheer volume of fans "connected" to the program. We have a smaller fan base that has been emotionally beat down to the lowest possible level for a P5 school. For the fan base overall, apathy is arguably the biggest emotion, just above or below outrage.

Reactions: superfan01
I've been over to the Round Table but not the football board. But I really expected people to take to the streets by now & set a couch on fire or something. I've been waiting to see protests on Network News.

This guy is Rutgers' Bear Bryant and he was willing to come back but the administration and BOG couldn't get it done? Man when that news broke I was expecting some Antifa level rioting.

This is the birthplace of College Football for Christ sakes.

Schiano never won a conference championship but he had respectable seasons, one really good season, and won some bowl game. Ignore the Tampa fiasco he just wasn't a NFL head coach.

RU had to get that deal done.

The fan support for our program has dwindled down over the past decade. The answer to your thoughts is that there are few if any rabid fans left We have sucked for a decade, fans have left for a decade, and a lot of the passion is no longer there

The fans that remain are pretty well beaten up and pre programed by the shocking and
Damaging decisions by the administration

I am not shocked by what happened here because it is typical RU

With that in mind, I predict AC Will be hired, he is not ready, and we have another five to seven year misfire. And disgrace to the university continues

I credit the fans of Tennessee, the fan support has not wavered as much as it has here. We have been down too long, and our brief periods of success were never sustained to
have that rabid a fanbase

I

Last edited:
The fan support for our program has dwindled down over the past decade. The answer to your thoughts is that there are few if any rabid fans left We have sucked for a decade, fans have left for a decade, and a lot of the passion is no longer there

The fans that remain are pretty well beaten up and pre programed by the shocking and
Damaging decisions by the administration

I am not shocked by what happened here because it is typical RU

With that in mind, I predict AC Will be hired, he is not ready, and we have another five to seven year misfire. And disgrace to the university continues

I credit the fans of Tennessee, the fan support has not wavered as much as it has here. We have been down too long, and our brief periods of success were never sustained to
have that rabid a fanbase

I

I actually like Russ, but you have to think he's trolling Rutgers with comments like that.

Reactions: Wolv RU
I actually like Russ, but you have to think he's trolling Rutgers with comments like that.
----
could well be, or done tongue-in-cheek

thing is, the students themselves probably know little about Greg and his history here, they were pretty young at the time of him being here....

I have been reading a lot of links in regards to donors pulling out....this, if anything, would make a lot more of an impression as opposed to any "demonstrations"

Hope the chants are pro Coach Schiano such as Bring Greg Back , We want Greg, or Hire Greg Now, not attack’s on Pat Hobbs such as Hobbs Must Go. Remember to do it while the game is being played. If it is done during timeouts, it won’t be heard on TV.
New chant for Patrick Hobbs

Leader: Pat Hobbs
Stands: Penis Head
(Clasp hands above head to symbolize what we think of Hobbs)

Do that at every game moving forward.

Hobbs needs to hear it at the basketball games. I encourage everyone to say something to him if they see him. Be polite, it will still hurt his ego.

The epic mess of a football program has gotten even worse and he’s killing off even more fans, donors and $ with what just transpired.
Pat Hobbs
#PenisHead

Please take your protests elsewhere like College Avenue or another place. Our basketball team is respectable and should not have to endure this. You guys are acting like this is the most important thing in the world. You very possibly never lost a beloved member of your family. That is so much more important. Get a grip on life and what is really important.

Please take your protests elsewhere like College Avenue or another place. Our basketball team is respectable and should not have to endure this. You guys are acting like this is the most important thing in the world. You very possibly never lost a beloved member of your family. That is so much more important. Get a grip on life and what is really important.
Nobody is comparing this to the loss of a family member. Only you are.
Fans and supporters of the program have the right to show how they feel when he is present, given the opportunity.

After the national anthem, and I mean after the anthem is done (do not disrespect the anthem). Everyone should remain standing, doing the chop and chanting Schi-an-o during the opposing teams introductions. Drown out the PA announcer for BTN. Then stop during our team intros. Enjoy the game.

Reactions: rume
I don’t think we have any way of knowing if the revenue boost would’ve been more than the cost, but I do think it’s safe to assume that the revenue loss from not hiring schiano will be catastrophic

No way can you assume that.....I am pro Schiano BTW.

If we paid a ton and Schiano ultimately failed that could be the death blow.

The best thing that could happen would be Schiano and his kids show up to the game. I want to see things be positive.

No way can you assume that.....I am pro Schiano BTW.

If we paid a ton and Schiano ultimately failed that could be the death blow.

But NOT hiring Schiano has already cost more than 3,000 season tix in just 48 hours, and millions in donations. No, I don't have a link, but I've heard this stated credibly elsewhere.

Hobbs and Barchi just sentenced Rutgers to a self-imposed Death Penalty from which the program will not recover anytime soon. They're executing a "let's hire cheap and hope we strike lightning in a bottle" plan.

Reactions: rume and bac2therac
But NOT hiring Schiano has already cost more than 3,000 season tix in just 48 hours, and millions in donations. No, I don't have a link, but I've heard this stated credibly elsewhere.

Hobbs and Barchi just sentenced Rutgers to a self-imposed Death Penalty from which the program will not recover anytime soon. They're executing a "let's hire cheap and hope we strike lightning in a bottle" plan.

I realize that. I would be a +2 with a Schiano hire.

Hire him yesterday and make a Black Friday offer of anyone who cancelled in the past 2 years to get back their consecutive season ticket streak for priority points.

Reactions: Degaz-RU
The difference is in the sheer volume of fans "connected" to the program. We have a smaller fan base that has been emotionally beat down to the lowest possible level for a P5 school. For the fan base overall, apathy is arguably the biggest emotion, just above or below outrage.
Great points. I didn't take into consideration the smaller, less connected fan base that has become understandably apathetic.

Nobody is comparing this to the loss of a family member. Only you are.
Fans and supporters of the program have the right to show how they feel when he is present, given the opportunity.
They have the right to embarrass one of their own, while being covered on national TV? Doesn't this school embarrass
itself enough?

Reactions: donnie_baseball
I have been thinking, how long has Rutgers been a joke, so I looked up some things and found some funny ones.
1. They named the school after the colonel promised a large sum of money. Turns our it wasn't nearly as much as
believed.
2. They lost the man's body for 140 years.
3. We had a professor that taught here for many years and never new he was a decendant of the colonel.
I bet the list could go on and on.

I don't blame Hobbs, I blame Schiano. His ego is too big. He was offered an awful lot and he took his toys and went home. He is not an absolute dictator. Somewhere there is a decent coach which I hope we will find. I have lost my twin brother and my wife to cancer and have been fighting cancer myself for 5 years. None of us ever smoked. Family is everything to me. To me the coaching search is not nearly as important but many fans are obsessed with it and Schiano the man who left us high and dry and took every assistant coach with him except for Flood. RU treated him as if he was a god and gave him everything he wanted and he left us
what you have been through some people will never understand...to watch loved ones suffer ,while feeling hopeless about the situation.....makes one an emotional wreck.....my father didn't have cancer, but, was mentally ill, and physically ill.....hadn't smiled in two years, and died......heartbreaking ....I feel for you sir, and pray to god you recover...but, losing a wife, and twin must have been devastating.....people need to put their priorities in order....sure I follow ru fb, but, other things come first.....godbless you for your treatment, and recovery

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT