ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball LIVE GAME THREAD: RHoops vs. Hofstra

As someone who is known to bitch about the refs, I'm going to give them all small props--the last 2 years they have all been very good about respecting a defenders verticality. 5-10 years ago they would call those fouls

Reactions: Scangg
I'd like to see Paul take more shots when he's open. He still has a pass first mentality. The kid can score.

Without Geo, Harper needs to find a way to stay on the court

mathis miss 2 ft and bad foul by young, pretty poor last 3 minutes by RU

they will need to pick up their game offensively in the 2nd half
Don't mind it, as I'm hoping the 2nd half is something more then just a walk through.

RU couldnt do anything right offensively late..wow 1-10 is awful, mathis and young missing chippies, missing free throws

defense looks great but geez

RU couldnt do anything right offensively late..wow 1-10 is awful, mathis and young missing chippies, missing free throws

its a game where Hofstra if they come out and hit some shots early all of a sudden its just a two possession game and they can get confident so as usual the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half are huge, does RU want to win this easy but shutting the door on Hofstra in those 5 minutes or do they want to do it the hard way and have to grind it out

gonna take devils advocate on this.. I like that we had that slump. Some of these guys needed an injection of humility.. and hopefully that pays off in the 2nd half. Also.. playing that tough a D probably cost you something on the offensive end.

RU went from 11-18 shooting to 12-28, 8 turnovers is just too many

on the positive side they are holding Hofstra to just 8-35 shooting...22.5% and just 2-15 from 3

Mulcahy providing zero on offense and not even being considered to be an option to me is a problem, that problem is compounded when your inside guys are not serious threats either so RU is left with just Harper, Mathis and Young to score and with Harper sitting the last 6 minutes, that removes the 3 position from the offensive equation...relying on just two guys to score is not a good proposition,

Rutgers offense against the zone defense needs improvement prior to playing Syracuse .Mulcahy needs to generate some offense from the top of the key or Harper needs to be posted at that spot .for a short jumper or drive to the basket.

Mulcahy providing zero on offense and not even being considered to be an option to me is a problem, that problem is compounded when your inside guys are not serious threats either so RU is left with just Harper, Mathis and Young to score and with Harper sitting the last 6 minutes, that removes the 3 position from the offensive equation...relying on just two guys to score is not a good proposition,
Ya, Mulcahy is def too pass heavy. Makes him a bit predictable.

But I'm not going to start making these type of conclusions off a "bad" first half which see's us up 11.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT