ADVERTISEMENT

Football LIVE Game Thread: Rutgers versus Illinois

Instead of the FG try, with the offense on the field, they should have had Vedral throw to the end zone.

Isn't it on the referees for not being clear on whether it was out of bounds or a fumble?

That's not on our coaching staff.
He was still slow as he'll. He knew it wasn't a first down and 7 sec. Left and still the fq team wasn't even close to being ready.

Illinois is stacking the LOS all game.. because they have had trouble against the run. SOOO.. in the 2nd half.. we have to throw early and often and throw downfield. If that is Sitkowski or VEdral that is what we have to do.. and some screens.. wide RB-true screens because they have enough people inside to stop interior screens.

on defense.. every third down and, hopefully, every of the few redzone snaps.. shadow that QB. He will want to do it himself in tough spots. And, please, hands up on the DL.. swat some passes.

Reactions: RUScrew85
No excuses for not getting a field goal attempt on that last drive. The run play forcing us to burn our last timeout was a killer.

Why are we throwing a pass in the field of play with no TOs and 16 seconds left? At least preserve the 53-yard FG chance. That's bad coaching.
That was ruined by the 2nd down play. The 2nd down play should not have been any form of run. It should have been and out and up or fake to the sideline and hit someone deep over the middle... 3rd down play.. at least it was a pass.. he didn't tuck and run.. too often Vedral checks WAY down to make a useless pass.

Schiano looked to be saying one ref signaled out of bounds.
And no announcer noted the clock was moving.. they thought it was OOB and clockstop as well.

The refs should have reviewed that.. with clock stopped.. then announced the fumble and that the clock will start when ball is set in play. I doubt it was 9 seconds since we were allowed to snap to when we tried to kick.

RU is still leading.
I did not expect the offense to do a 360 from last year right away.
We are vastly improved from last year.
I would like to see a little improvement from week to week, but it is hard to compare when you play OSU the week before.

Things I am Thankful for this season:
I don't have to wait until the second half for a first down,
Defensive Line is getting penetration
WR's catching ball when thrown to them
Not having to turning game off at before halftime because I cannot stomach watching

My hopes is they keep getting better every game.
Win 2 or more games (This is big because it is all B10 opponents)
Recruit some studs and hit transfer portal hard.
I do not think we have our QB for 2022...need to find one.

RU is still leading.
I did not expect the offense to do a 360 from last year right away.
We are vastly improved from last year.
I would like to see a little improvement from week to week, but it is hard to compare when you play OSU the week before.

Things I am Thankful for this season:
I don't have to wait until the second half for a first down,
Defensive Line is getting penetration
WR's catching ball when thrown to them
Not having to turning game off at before halftime because I cannot stomach watching

My hopes is they keep getting better every game.
Win 2 or more games (This is big because it is all B10 opponents)
Recruit some studs and hit transfer portal hard.
I do not think we have our QB for 2022...need to find one.

Wish I could like this TWICE.

RU is ahead and that's how I wan t game to end.
Disapointed that RU didn't score more, but happy to be ahead going into the send half.
Adjustments might improve O play and have the D destroy Illinois' O

That's nice, mom brought her son to broadcast the game with her. LOLOL

Put two guys on the QB run option. Please. It's the only Offense they have.

Tverdov really struggling on contain duties on the run and pass.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT