ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling LIVE MATCH THREAD -- Rutgers vs. CSU-Bakersfield

RU down 12-7 at break

Willie Scott, Janzer, Correnti, COllucci and Robinson for the last 5 matches

Houston we have a serious problem. We can't get out from underneath.

Reactions: MS-RU
What happened with Turley's match? It was 0-0 in the second and he rode him out for the whole period. Lost 2-1

What happened with Turley's match? It was 0-0 in the second and he rode him out for the whole period. Lost 2-1

He escaped and then got taken down early enough in the period to get ridden out to erase his ride time point. Almost gave up back points as well. Another bad 3rd period.

Another low scoring, grind it out win for Janzer. He's winning so I'll take it but I was definitely expecting more offense from him. Not sure if he will be able to do this in the B1G.

Ok what I learned from tonights match. I will be canceling ESPN + tonight. That was the worst production I've ever seen.

Reactions: Leonard23
Ok what I learned from tonights match. I will be canceling ESPN + tonight. That was the worst production I've ever seen.

If you like boxing or mma, it might be worth it.

I have Hulu for the wife, Disney+ for the kids - so to add espn+ in a bundle costs me $1 per month.

Reactions: Jersey Boys
If you like boxing or mma, it might be worth it.

I have Hulu for the wife, Disney+ for the kids - so to add espn+ in a bundle costs me $1 per month.
Not really into MMA just college and some freestyle so for that production I'll skip it. Keep Flo and BTN.

Hope that Jo Jo does not have a long term injury (As well as grello).
We wrestled backups at 125, 141, 149, 174 and still won.

We have toss up weights at 149, 165 and 197 and starters may not be determined until after Scuffle.

I am worried about the bottom work, but i don't remember ever having this many freshman in the starting lineup

Reactions: rubigtimenow
It’s a down year ...I get it ....but damn you guys are brutal on these kids ..you call it constructive criticism ...we won the damn match and handily as far as score goes ...Firestone bumps up ...takes the kid down at will but loses match basically because of coach decision to go down but the kid gets ripped anyway ...the freshman wrestled hard ...operative word freshman ...BJ wins close one but wins ..gets ripped ..Sammy made bad decision but didn’t give up at all tho down 6-0 ...gets ripped anyway ....way to show your support for our young team guys ...

Come on guys - Don't be so pessimistic - Have some confidence in the coaches and the guys. This trip was a great learning experience. We will continue to improve. A lot of weights still undecided.

To be fair, when I posted that we looked like absolute sh*t and we were losing 9-0 after 2 matches with Angelo coming up against a ranked opponent. The current outlook was bleak at best.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT