ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Schiano to...

Agree with those that say if Miami wanted Greg they could have hired him already.

This points to the possibility that they are waiting for Cristobol and Saban to finish the season with Alabama, then hire MC after that.

At this point Nick Saban's protege looks like a lot stronger candidate than a guy sitting home and bleeding his former employer the past few years for severance pay because he can't get a job.

Asked this on the other Schiano thread but I'll ask here also.If Flood stays and If Schiano lands another head coaching job .How many coaches does he come calling for?

Agree with those that say if Miami wanted Greg they could have hired him already.

This points to the possibility that they are waiting for Cristobol and Saban to finish the season with Alabama, then hire MC after that.

At this point Nick Saban's protege looks like a lot stronger candidate than a guy sitting home and bleeding his former employer the past few years for severance pay because he can't get a job.

Actually, looks like the race is wide open.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...earch-notes-dolphin-heat-marlins-chatter.html

Good article posted by Rutgersal from the Miami Herald. Looks like UM will do a national search and reach out to some big names, as many coaches are interested in the job. Agree that it looks wide open at this point.

Won't the type of players who lean toward Miami want a degree of freedom of behavior that Schiano would eliminate?

Schiano should go NFL DC or head coach ANYWHERE but one of these players-can-do-no-wrong places. In such places (like at Tampa Bay), the payers will openly rebel against his level of discipline.

Yeah, cause you would refuse to take the money!! It's a contract plain an simple, a legally binding agreement between two parties, deal with it. And as far as getting a job there were plenty of opportunities but why rush when you can take the time to reflect and tweek your methods.

Just when you think this board can't possibly get any worse, this gem comes along.
Come on....reread what you posted and honestly tell us that it didn't make you laugh.
"bleeding his former employer" ?????
That's too funny.

Won't the type of players who lean toward Miami want a degree of freedom of behavior that Schiano would eliminate?

Schiano should go NFL DC or head coach ANYWHERE but one of these players-can-do-no-wrong places. In such places (like at Tampa Bay), the payers will openly rebel against his level of discipline.

College coaches have more power, hard to get rid of pros with guaranteed salaries. In college, players get the boot.

IMO Miami thinks it is a better job than it actually is. No stadium, bad facilities, and Florida and FSU are higher profile. Strong would make sense, but he runs a similar style to Golden which didn't work that well there.

I'd still like Cristobal here, esp now after being Assoc HC at Bama, but hopefully he isn't still smitten over them...

Reactions: Wolv RU
I guess the question could be whether Strong would leave on his own for Miami.

Or whether Texas could stomach seeing Strong go to Miami and do well. With his Florida contacts & background, he probably could do very well with recruiting there.

Sorry Al. I did not POST questioning your Miami status. Don't know how my handle got hi- jacked.

I guess the question could be whether Strong would leave on his own for Miami.

If offered a good enough buyout from Texas, he probably would.
But I think he's safe for another year there, so the question is: how sure is Charlie his chances of lasting past next year.
Texas boosters will gladly put up the $10 million to buy Strong out if his 2016 season isn't good enough for them.
But doubt they'd pay the $15 Mil it would take after this season is over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT