ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Schiano to...

Nuts, I have been in Miami twice during the past month and the media sentiment and on radio sports talk shows has been a strong lean for Greg or Mario. This too was the impression I got even before Golden was fired. If offered I think he would accept and would do a very good job. He's the type of coach and person UM needs right now.

.... as the boards are split on this... I still wish for Schiano part 2 at RU. He knows us, he recruits well, developed the program into a modern one, and would love to see what he would do with it now. Plus, he had some great Defensive teams.

Reactions: czxqa and Spare130
because every college football coach that spent 1 second of his life in NJ steals every NJ HS football player in the entire state for every year and Rutgers end up with zero NJ players ever
No, we get NJ players. We get a lot of them. Just the ones that other schools didn't want.

Do we still have a series coming up with Miami?

Even with all the Florida talent to harvest, you better believe GS would be hitting the NJ trail. Floods recruiting of top nj talent will go from bad to worse, but hopefully he's not around long enough to see that happen.

No, we get NJ players. We get a lot of them. Just the ones that other schools didn't want.

Sounds right. So Schiano at Miami will be recruiting against the other schools since he doesn't want the ones that we're getting either. Problem solved

Reactions: rubigtimenow
^^^^ Exactly. But it's safe to say we're referring to blue chip prospects that we fail to gain commitments from. It takes a good sales person to sell a vision on why they should pick RU over other elite programs with elite facilities.

because every college football coach that spent 1 second of his life in NJ steals every NJ HS football player in the entire state for every year and Rutgers end up with zero NJ players ever

Well unless we hire him that's true of any job he takes in college. Be happy its talent rixg Florida and not talent poor Illinois or Indiana.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Go take a look at the list of offer for our players in this 2016 class and then come back and say that. Johnson who is a 2* on Rivals has over 10 P5 offers. Most others have at least 4 P5 offers.

^^^^It takes a good sales person to sell a vision on why they should pick RU over other elite programs with elite facilities.

I have never been to the Hale Center but I thought it was a bright spot for the program? Is it nice when compared to the Big East/AAC facilities but at the end of the day just doesn't stack up against Big Ten practice facilities?

Even if Schiano would recruit New Jersey, he would only recruit players that we wouldn't be able to get and would be competing with Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan.

Reactions: bori_blanco
VA Tech AD should hire him. Great program support. Nice on campus facilities. They have the money for a good OC.

He could recruit the whole east coast. ACC Coastal easier to win than the Atlantic.

It would be no different from the present situation. Schiano in Florida is much better for RU AFTER Flood than Schiano in Virginia or MD or PA.

Definitely agree with this. He would have been crazy to come back to RU at this point unless he had no other options. Tough to return home and an element of our fanbase would go nuts whenever we lost.

Definitely agree with this. He would have been crazy to come back to RU at this point unless he had no other options. Tough to return home and an element of our fanbase would go nuts whenever we lost.
If I was Schiano I take either Virginia or Virginia Tech since great recruiting area and VT is defensive minded. Fans expectations are lower and competition is below the Big Ten.

If I was Schiano I take either Virginia or Virginia Tech since great recruiting area and VT is defensive minded. Fans expectations are lower and competition is below the Big Ten.
still... albeit RU and the criticisms we get for why he would come back... we are in the B1G....nothing to sneeze at ... So he would be coming back to a better situation then he left.

It would be no different from the present situation. Schiano in Florida is much better for RU AFTER Flood than Schiano in Virginia or MD or PA.

Not necessarily. No matter where he goes he will hit NJ hard. Selling NJ recruits Miami could be easier than MD, PA, VA.

Given relationships schiano has made in both FL and NJ he'd be a great Miami hire.

still... albeit RU and the criticisms we get for why he would come back... we are in the B1G....nothing to sneeze at ... So he would be coming back to a better situation then he left.

Again, Schiano IS NOT COMING BACK HERE.
I don't understand why anyone would think that he would.

Reactions: thegock
What would be the dream team Schiano staff?

Offense Mcnulty / Cignetti / Angelico

Defense Smith / Hafley

Specials? Rossi?

If he really wanted to come back and cherry picked his best coordinators that cycled in and out ever year.

Again, Schiano IS NOT COMING BACK HERE.
I don't understand why anyone would think that he would.
I don't understand why you don't think there is a possibility? I have no inside information saying he would or wouldn't ... do you? we just have theories and wish lists... and my wish list is that he comes back... what is so wrong with that?

Schiano wants Miami but if Miami truly wanted him they would have seeled the deal and he'd be out recruiting already. Not saying he can't end up there but if he was their guy wheels would be in motion.

Reactions: WG78
I look forward to Hurricane billboards on the NJ Turnpike.
Again, a Miami coach has no need to come to NJ. They can fill a top 15 class in their own county. If a Miami coach is coming here it's for a guy like Gary and every coach is coming for him. If Schiano goes to Miami and he needs to come to NJ for low 4 and high 3 stars he won't last long. Miami alum, Miami NFL guys, and Miami rappers want a team full of Miami kids. Not Big North Parochial south.

Reactions: redking and RUbanks
So the Dolphins are going to hire a DC before they hire their HC? That's an interesting approach ...

Do we still have a series coming up with Miami?

Even with all the Florida talent to harvest, you better believe GS would be hitting the NJ trail. Floods recruiting of top nj talent will go from bad to worse, but hopefully he's not around long enough to see that happen.
Floods recruiting strength such as it is seem's to be in NYC/LI area where he's from...

Didn't Golden get labeled a "lazy recruiter" because he spent all his time recruiting NJ instead of Dade County?

Firing Golden to hire Schiano would be like us firing Flood & hiring UDelaware's OL coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT