ADVERTISEMENT

Lunardi somehow drops us a spot….

Wanted to understate so I didn't leave that flank vulnerable. If so, for us to be out, committee selects 1-2-3-5-6-7-8-9. Tough to see.

Could you see committee doing that?

it looks like Indiana will play Michigan..not sure on that. Michigan would be just 17-14 at that point, Indiana would likely need to beat #1 seed too....tough for both of those schools to get in especially over RU

If the committee wants to concentrate on the overall net and bad losses it will do so. There will be nothing we can do short of making the semis to definitively put the bid in our hands
Bac people keep leaning back on Nebby in 2018 not making the tournament.

How different was the field?

You’ve been doing this for years so I value your opinion, but I don’t think there’s a connection there.

For instance, they tied with Michigan that year - Michigans overall record was 33-8 and Nebraskas was 22-11.

Penn state was 9-9 that year with an overall of 26-13

Reactions: biker7766
The 4 will either draw the 5 or a double digit seed playing for a third consecutive night.
True, but it is very rare for a double digit seed to reach the semi-final. Does anyone know how often a team that played on Wednesday has won a game on Friday in the Big Ten tournament?

Conference standings are not factored in. Nebraska finished 4th one year and didn't get in. Gtown in 2010 finished 8th in the big East and got a 3 seed.
Stop that nonsense. They beat nobody above them. We beat everybody. In a few hours we may be the 4th place team in the B1G. We are making the NET and many bracketologists look very silly. We should not be defending Joe Lunardi.

Stop that nonsense. They beat nobody above them. We beat everybody. In a few hours we may be the 4th place team in the B1G. We are making the NET and many bracketologists look very silly. We should not be defending Joe Lunardi.
And also have losses to Lafayette Umass DePaul Northwestern. Not saying you won't get in. I'd highly suggest getting one more win.

There’s no real bad team in the b10. Every team has had questionable losses. A win is a win.
And as Nebraska showed the last lace team beat the first place team. Which I don’t like if we end up forth we will be in Illinois bracket instead of Wisconsin. I think we measure up better Va Wisconsin.

And as Nebraska showed the last lace team beat the first place team. Which I don’t like if we end up forth we will be in Illinois bracket instead of Wisconsin. I think we measure up better Va Wisconsin.
This is an indictment of the conference top end strength not a credit to its basement in my view.

Conference standings are not factored in. Nebraska finished 4th one year and didn't get in. Gtown in 2010 finished 8th in the big East and got a 3 seed.
The B1G only had 4 bids that year and Michigan (5 seed in B1G) won the tourney. Not comparing apples to apples. B1G is stronger this year.

Bac people keep leaning back on Nebby in 2018 not making the tournament.

How different was the field?

You’ve been doing this for years so I value your opinion, but I don’t think there’s a connection there.

For instance, they tied with Michigan that year - Michigans overall record was 33-8 and Nebraskas was 22-11.

Penn state was 9-9 that year with an overall of 26-13
Nebby had no quality wins but Michigan and lost to them in the tourney

These guys should know better

Reactions: The RUT
Often it's not just your result, it's the results from around the country. Memphis beating #14 Houston and Michigan beating #23 OSU today weren't great results for RU.
Michigan winning was good for RU

See how ya feel Friday afternoon. Easy to talk a tough game now.
If we want to be a NCAA team we have to play like one, regardless of who it is we play

Too many people would rather play an extra game which is flat out poor logic
And could backfire

Again, accept the challenge of playing someone we beat already

We have beaten ALL the good ones once already

We face Iowa and I welcome the challenge
Man up
What's that have to do with me wanting an extra game? I'd rather try and get an extra Dub and go into the next round with momentum.
As you stated above if you want to be an NCAA team accept the challenge.

What's that have to do with me wanting an extra game? I'd rather try and get an extra Dub and go into the next round with momentum.
As you stated above if you want to be an NCAA team accept the challenge.
We are three games away from the league championship, and you would rather be four games away

That’s fine, but I would rather be as close as possible to our goal at the start

As far as momentum, we are on a two game winning streak right now, three does little to help

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT