ADVERTISEMENT

Mag,Cliff and Mgbako

Let’s remember a few things here

1.) first …the reality is we are looking at 13-16 single digit loss teams from power 6 confrence teams and those are your 1-5 seeds.

2.) so…how do you get to 24-9 to get one of those seeds
9-2 out of confrenxe
14-6….thsr means finishing top 2 or 3 in big ten, or maybe winning a piece of it
1-1 in big ten play
That’s 24-9

3.) given that criteria …it’s gojing to be hard to pull things together that fast in November and December to have that much confrence success in January …possible , but not guaranteed.

I think we need to think the season as a journey and it’s about growing up the team in December and January to put it together in February so that when it flips to March 1at, we are ready to roll when it’s play and win 40 to get 40 more

We may have to take some lunps early to learn how to play right when the lights are brightest , and that may hurt our record and our ncaa seed

To me …the goal is get a 6 seed …which means play like a 9/10 seed through January 31st, then be ready to role and play like a top ten team in front February to move that seed up to the 6 line ….and be the 6 seed thsr NO ONE wants to play .

That’s condusive to a run ….but that first weekend first and second round game is the whole season ….and that’s what you build for to be able to walk out of that winning and believing

Do that …then all possibilities for the remainder are on the table . If we get there …look out

We had it in our grasp in 2020-2021….and let us slip away. Steve built that team for March and almost got it done .

It’s about bukdong the team to get to win the first weekend in the tourney …regardless of the lumps we take

I can’t wait for the 17 point loss to minnesota on the road in January and the cesspool this board will be ….

Because the bounce back , I think will be there

Will need patience next year

Be ready for the tollarcoaster …and hope the development in December ans jananayr leads to late season momentum Carries us over the hump when it matters most …..

Mgbako has a lot of ties to Rutgers and to people connected to Rutgers. Loads of ties. Rutgers does not have the NIL war chest to get him now. He may lose his coach at Indiana. Dusty May will most likely be at Indiana or Ohio State next year,so if Indiana wants May,they will act soon on the awful hire called Woodson. Rutgers would take Mgbako in a NY minute if it could.
Mgbako has been playing a lot better over the past few weeks, if he keeps it up he can play his way back into the draft.

I love watching Dylan play. Just so strong while being able to be a lead guard, it’s incredible. I think his game will translate quicker than Aces, but I anticipate both to be big time players.

Completely agree. There's a good chance he doesn't decide to return if he had known
Dude, his skill set was evaluated. The jury was unanimous. Not ready. That’s why he came back. Perhaps he would have transferred if he knew but his degree was too important. Next year? I think he’s not coming back no matter what.

Dude, his skill set was evaluated. The jury was unanimous. Not ready. That’s why he came back. Perhaps he would have transferred if he knew but his degree was too important. Next year? I think he’s not coming back no matter what.
I'm talking about transferring

Dylan is a unique talent. I've heard the James Harden comps. I see "taller Jalen Brunson."

• Love
Reactions: Scangg
Love how good he is with body control finishing through contact
he has great body control which is why we need to defensive rebound and run. Easy to do in OOC, for some reason games slow down once the games are really important.

he has great body control which is why we need to defensive rebound and run. Easy to do in OOC, for some reason games slow down once the games are really important.
Well of everyone returns a lineup of

JWill
Harper
Ace
Mag
Cliff

In theory would be an absolutely elite rebounding team with size and length at every position

No reason for Cliff to come back to RU. None.
That's a misfire of a statement. #1 Top 3 recruiting class arriving next year. #2 The opportunity to stay in school and earn a higher degree at Rutgers. It's been highly publicized that education is very important to Cliff. #3 Familiary with Rutgers and the coaches. Provided he has a good relationship with Pike, he may be very comfortable at RU and might not want to pick up and leave. #4 Top 3 recruiting class arriving next year.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT