ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland Thoughts

We had that at times last year. The poor start to this year has done us in though.
as much as I'd love to disagree, I cannot and call myself honest.

I think maybe all the players returning expected a lot more (no matter who is responsible for that) and when they stumbled they just... well.. they rallied a few times, a few games.. but to keep that up for every game, home and away... they don't seem to have it in them and it does not seem to be demanded OF them either.

I agree that this team is not super talented, especially on O, so it has little margin for error. We lost the last 2 games because RU did not start out of the gate with the defensive intensity they need to win. pike said as much in his postgame interviews. RU allowed both MD and MN to get comfortable early and then when RU finally managed to kick up the intensity and lock down on D it was too late. Opposing shooters were already feeling it and continued to know down much tougher shots against much better D. why the team comes out flat especially against lower-tier Big 10 teams is squarely on Pike to figure out and correct ASAP, or the season really is over.

Caleb is the only player who plays with full effort every minute he’s on the floor. If everyone did this we’d have a better record.
that is too generous.. but he puts as much effort in as is humanly possible MOST of the time.

Russ, it's obviously a joke lol come on bud
There have been things posted on this board that I thought 'that has to be a joke' but the person was serious.

I chalked it up to it being a Jersey thing and I just didn't understand.

So, I don't take chances anymore.

• Haha
Reactions: Scangg and rume
There have been things posted on this board that I thought 'that has to be a joke' but the person was serious.

It's usually just a Jersey thing haha.

Always good to see you're still reading our board.

I think part of the confusion is that I said two separate things, one a joke and one serious.

This comment:
It is possible the team was just demoralized by getting the F- announcing crew.
about the team playing badly because of the announcing was a joke. But in the response I also said:
my perception of how good the announcing is is pretty correlated to how well the team is playing.
which is serious, but it means sort of the opposite of what you interpreted it as. When the team is playing badly, it causes me to dislike the announcers more because I am generally annoyed and unhappy while watching.

Reactions: Russ Wood

Haha fair.

Have you seen any Rutgers games this season? If so how many and what are your thoughts on the team?

Haha fair.

Have you seen any Rutgers games this season? If so how many and what are your thoughts on the team?
I have not watched any full games. I did see the the final possession against Purdue and a few minutes of the 2H of the loss to Maryland.

Definitely not enough to even remember what happened.

Reactions: Scangg
Maryland playing at home against Indiana today has no offense because Ayala is being double teamed forcing home to pass to teammates who are shooting bricks.Similar scenario to Rutgers with theIr dependence on Baker and Harpe to score in high double digits.Losing to Marylan dat hom ewas a really bad loss.

Maryland playing at home against Indiana today has no offense because Ayala is being double teamed forcing home to pass to teammates who are shooting bricks.Similar scenario to Rutgers with theIr dependence on Baker and Harpe to score in high double digits.Losing to Marylan dat hom ewas a really bad loss.

Ayala has still gotten up 10 shots from the arc, with 4 minutes left. He just has only hit 2 of them.

Indiana's also pounding them with their bigs, whereas we were trying to beat them from outside 15 feet.

Ayala and Russel torch RU shooting at the RAC but shoot 5-24 (3-15) at home vs Indiana today.

What can we say to explain that?

Ayala and Russel torch RU shooting at the RAC but shoot 5-24 (3-15) at home vs Indiana today.

Didn't watch the game but from other Indy games I've seen, Indy's guards are faster and probably played Ayala and Fatts tighter. I really wanted PG Xavier Johnson (from Pitt) in the portal last off season.

Ayala and Russell missed quite a few open shots. At times they didn't seem shot ready when they received a pass. Also, Russell had some kind of hand or wrist injury. Had an ice pack on his hand before the game started according to someone I know who was at the game.

I believe that was Indiana’s first win at Maryland since the Terps joined the Big Ten.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT